“Great hotel, I’d recommend this Wingate to my Mother!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Southington, Connecticut
“Great hotel, I’d recommend this Wingate to my Mother!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

What can you say when at the end of an 8 hour road trip, you walk into a spotless lobby, greeted by a smartly dressed, smiling face and a warm welcome. I say what a great place. The rooms were large, very clean, modern, flat screen TV, comfortable sitting chair and a writing desk where I am entering this review. My wife and I arrived around 3:00pm and were told there was a Jacuzzi alongside the indoor swimming pool and we decided to unwind before dinner. What a great idea, the jets on the Jacuzzi were the best. The breakfast runs from 6:00 to 10:00am and there’s quite a large assortment of food. My favorite the fresh hot waffles.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor and it was very quiet, booked on line using AARP and saved 20%
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the Wingate in Erie and we had a great time. The staff is very kid friendly and outgoing. They were able to suggest some great places for us to go and visit while we were there. The rooms were a perfect size with really comfy beds. Breakfast was hot and ready when we went down in the morning and the staff taking care of it were so healpful. I noticed during my stay that their was a couple with special needs and the staff took great care of them. They were in wheelchairs and the manager actually came out and personally got the food they wanted and served them to make thing easier on them. I have seen a lot in all of the travel that we do but we were really impressed by that.

This is a GREAT place with GREAT service and rooms guarenteed!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

Great value for family of four driving across the country. Decent pool, decent breakfast, nice rooms, comfy beds, and very close to highway, gas, and restaurants. Walls are thin but ac was loud enough to drown out hallway sounds.

• Stayed August 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed last weekend. It was a lot better than I expected after reading some of these reviews. The staff was courteous, the food was good, and our room was clean. I know I'd do it again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were booked only for 1 night but had a change in plans and needed to stay an extra night.. Front desk were very accomodating, knowledgeable, friendly and I noticed they were with all guests. Room was great and we did have to switch rooms after the first night. Breakfast was good with a nice variety, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereals etc. We met a nice couple over breakfast and that made it even more enjoyable. I would return hear opposed to other hotels nearby. Melissa @ the front desk totally awesome!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Fairly close to the Penn State Behrend Campus. Staff is very helpful, friendly and always accommodating. Plus, the rates are reasonable. We take advantage of a restaurant that was suggested by a member of their staff each time we visit Penn State- Colao's Restaurante. Fitness center is small (thus the 4 stars for the fitness center) but clean and very appropriate for our needs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We went to Erie for my birthday to do some shopping. We were given the 2nd room on the first floor which happens to be an adjoining room. We didn't need this or ask for it, but didn't think there was any issue to it. Our second night we came back around 11:30pm from shopping only to hear barking next door. The walls are SO thin, especially with the adjoining door there it's even worse. The dog kept barking for a good 30 minutes, everytime we made any noise or talked. We could hear the owner telling the dog to be quiet, but clearly that didn't help. We complained to the front desk who said they had one room on the 2nd floor, but to be honest, I didn't want to move ALL my luggage and shopping at 12:30am to another floor. Apparently you can pay a $50 fee to bring a pet in. The morning we were leaving (the morning after my birthday) we were awoken at 6am to screaming children next door and in the hall (new guests - dog was gone). Then at 8am to a man yelling on his cell phone swearing at someone and a woman in the same room telling him to keep his voice down. This went on for at least 20 minutes before I gave up on sleep. I complained to the front desk at checkout and was met with little care. The woman told me I should have banged on the door. In a state where guns are legal - it wasn't what I wanted to do.
The hotel is nice, the breakfast is good, but the walls and privacy are useless. I could hear every conversation, every tv channel, etc. I probably wouldn't stay here again since i could find better walls for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Erie? Share your experiences!