“Beautifully finished.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of George Carroll House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Erie
George Carroll House
You added George Carroll House to your Saves list
401 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16507   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Erie B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney
“Beautifully finished.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I was taken aback by the beautifully restored house. My room (#2) was enormous and had gorgeous linens and furniture, and was pristinely clean. The house was quiet, and instead of a key, there are keypads on the doors that have a password specifically for you- great idea! I am a solo traveller and Chris made me feel so welcome. I could not recommend this bed and breakfast more highly!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

The pictures on the George Carroll House web site just don't do this place justice. Other than the flooring, almost everything in our room (#1) appeared to be recently updated. There were antiques, a faux fireplace, and framed pictures of Erie landmarks on the wall. As mentioned by previous reviewers, the place is very clean. There is off-street parking in the back and the location, next to Gannon University, was perfect for us.
This is the 6th review I've written on various Erie lodging in the past year and I believe $75 is very resonable for this level of accommodation.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

My husband and I just stayed last weekend from Friday to Sunday. We both loved this place! We loved the fact that you didn't have to wait in line to check in, when you arrive you can go straight to your room! The room made me feel like I was at home! It was so clean, fresh, and updated. I am very picky when it comes to hotels and my husband and I already plan to stay at the George Carroll House again! There are great places to eat within walking distance and you can also walk to the Bay. It was great!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

Classy exterior , contemporary and comfortable interior.
Well located for walks to Erie Lakeside.
Chris was a great host, very helpful and accomodating.
If we are back in Erie then we will stay here.

• Liked — Secure Number keypad entry so you can come and go as you please
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I stayed here for a night with my girlfriends and 18 month old daughter. It was very nice for the cost. We paid $65 per room, but the price has just gone up to $75. It's still worth it though.

I should warn people that this is an urban setting and there are no other residences in the immediate area. This fact, and the variety of people walking around, scared my friends a bit. They were worried that our car would be broken into and that the place would be a flop house. Nothing bad happened and we all enjoyed our stay, but you may want to brace yourself if you don't spend much time in cities.

Also note that you do not get a full breakfast, but the pastries and beverages were very good.

Additionally, this is in the city of Erie and not very near the Peach St. attractions. However, the lake is fairly close.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — I liked everything.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Penn Hills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

A couple of years ago, I passed this unique place and told the lady I would be back. I felt so comfortable and relaxed, in fact, I thought I was the first person staying there, immaculately clean. I enjoyed reading the book they had about Erie and how life was back in the 1800's. The fire truck was so small the firemen had to use bycycles along the side. This is a place that will be a stickler, one that sticks in your mind. Great bus services and the trolley was free, back in the 1800's, it was 10 cents. Location was the seller to me! If you like catfish, just a block away called Hook's Catfish.

Ella Lipchik
Penn Hills, Pennsylvania

• Liked — great fellings and comfort
  • Disliked — walk up the steps to the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

My fiancee and I stayed here in November, 2007 ( just writting review now). We came to ERIE for the American Thanksgiving weekend. We are from Canada.

The place was awesome, clean, classy and the host Chris, is great. She was polite, kind and fun.

The room was clean, modern and had it all. Even a umbrella, extra blankets, flat screen tv, phone, little nick nacks etc.

She was even kind enough to leave all the local flyers for me, about what deals are on etc.

We are coming back this November.

AWESOME JOB

• Liked — location, cleanliness, host
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to George Carroll House? Share your experiences!