“Excellent place for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Lake Erie Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1015 Peninsula Drive, Erie, PA 16505   |
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Erie
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent place for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I recently was in Erie, PA for about two weeks. I needed a place to stay and happened upon LEL. The location was perfect – near the lake and everything else in west Erie. The manager gave me a great deal. The lodge was going through some renovations, but it looked a little better each day. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. Next time I’m in Erie, I will definitely be staying in LEL.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I had family to visit so I booked in advance with no problems what so ever, I had a great time and staff was kind and helpful in every way possible. I been there a couple times and every time I went it gets better and better. I noticed they added new carpets that look amazing in the room, a gazebo, and new units in the room. I always had everything I needed and when i ran out the response was fast. The rooms were clean as can be and just as comfortable. It was an amazing stay with everything you need/want right around the block so its walking distance. I also noticed they added flowers right by the rooms that just brighten up your day and gives it an extravagant look... almost makes you feel like your right at home. The owners were very kind and anytime I needed anything they were there to help. I would recommend this to anyone and I'm positive you won't regret it at all and would come back as much as I do. The pools a plus as well and the outdoors are always clean and at night looks amazing with the lighting.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Seriously, just don't do it. Staff are disinterested at best - poor response times for basic requests (i.e. towels, toilet paper). If you are lucky you may catch them in their pyjamas like we did. We had two rooms and both were a disgrace. Not enough towels for even 2 people (our group was 6). Dust everywhere, countertops and dressers were not even wiped clean prior to our arrival (on the plus side, the sheets appeared to be clean, the blankets were another story). On our second day one of our rooms was completely overlooked and was not made up - messy beds, wet towels, full garbage, NO toilet paper. We were blamed by the staff saying the the Do Not Disturb sign must have been on the door (we did not have one in the first place!). When one of us called to address this, they arrived almost 30 minutes later. A few positives are that it was well lit in the evenings and the outside appears to be in nice order (i.e. parking lot, grass was cut). Never, never again.

Stratford, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

room not clean
few towels old and shredded--
bedding old and marked
carpet looked unkept
fixture in batheroom had only 1 of 3 light bulb
breakfast facitily not available
a very tired looking motel ---- not a 2 Star!!!!
Not even the basics- no coffee maker or hairdryer

Room Tip: Just don't go !!!!!!
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Our stay was memorable but not because of this place!!!! The "motel" was dated, grubby and lacking simple necessities such as sufficient towels or toilet paper. Requests for assistance were either totally ignored or less than prompt. They failed to "clean" our room on the first morning of our stay. Save yourself and drive passed this establishment!!

Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I am currently staying at the motel and decided to write a review to others who may potentially be interested in staying here. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a comfortable, clean,pleasant, and price friendly place to stay. Expectations has been exceeded in all aspects of our extended stay. The two gentlemen in charge have been nothing much friendly and accommodating for all the needs/wants of my family and I. And I can't think of any other way to show my gratitude!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
clayton, De
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

We stayed at Lake Erie Lodge in the cold month of November. The people there were very friendly and helpful. They made certain that our room was always warm, clean, and welcoming. It was a comfortable room with a convenient location for an ecomical price. Great place to stay. We are looking forward to staying there again in May when my grandson graduates from college.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Lake Erie Lodge? Share your experiences!