“Fantastic and inexpensive park” 5 of 5 stars

220 Peninsula Drive, Erie, PA
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 44 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Give your family all the fun and excitement of more than 75 great attractions at Waldameer. You'll find thrilling rides and family classics, plus some awesome rides for the little ones! Then there's Water World, a whole waterpark full of wet n’ wild fun for everyone.Plus, check out challenging midway games, tasty summertime foods and enjoy great free entertainment with 3 musical shows daily at our Showtime Theatre.Waldameer & Water World is a family-owned and family-friendly – we are proud of our Park’s major expansion in recent years, which has only improved upon the park’s long rich history of providing safe, clean and affordable summertime fun!
Gettysburg, PA
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 278 helpful votes
“Fantastic and inexpensive park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

This park is half the price of parks like Hershey and Kings Dominion. Even if you buy tickets for both the water park and reg park its a great deal. My kids loved the water park. I will say it is tight and confusing due to poor design and maybe not enough land but worth it anyway. Lots of slides and the lazy river is so nice. I will always go here when I go to Erie. I will return to Erie again and cant wait.

4 Thank paymeami2

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Living in PA all my life, I never realized that Erie in itself is such a great Vacation spot. After spending a week in Erie, my family of 4 had a great time and Waldameer Park and Water World is on the top of the list as a must do. Nice and small that you can do everything in a full day, there is plenty to ride & do to fit everyone's taste & desires. The water park is great as well with a lot of different slides, great lazy river, all that is really missing is a wave pool. Admission to the park is free and all day ride & slide prices is affordable and with free parking, plenty of picnic area to make it convenient for packing your own food and saving $$ there. A hidden gem I'm glad I found and will be back.

2 Thank Steve R
State College, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good deal with ride-a-rama; Expensive if you use tickets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

With the recent additions of the flume ride, a variety of spin-and-barf rides and of course the Ravine Flyer II, Waldameer is getting better and better each year as an alternative to more expensive "large" parks. This is a perfect park for families with pre-teens. It is also a great park for non-ride-going grandparents to take kids to, since the admission itself is free. I just have one negative comment -- the pricing for individual tickets is OUTRAGEOUS ($1.50 per ticket and most rides require 2-3 tickets). Unless you are planning on only riding a couple of rides, you're better off getting the ride-a-rama (with or without the water park).

4 Thank PSUCoasterfan
Stow, OH
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Good variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

This park had a good variety of rides that satisfied our need for adrenaline rushes. There were also rides that were easier on the stomach for those who are a bit squeamish. We really enjoyed the day!

3 Thank OHFortunato
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Very Nice Park! Great Admission Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We just visited Waldameer/Water World Park June 16th, 2009, for the first time. We were very pleased! The first half of the day was spent riding at Waldameer. The rides were (mostly) fun...our favorites were 1) the Ravine Flyer 2, a roller coaster whose first drop (you can see Lake Erie from the top!) plunges you 120 feet at a 60 degree angle into a tunnel and takes you across and back over a 4 lane highway that is the entrance to Presque Isle State Park and whizzes you by the Tom Ridge Environmental Center, 2) the Steel Dragon...a coaster that has cars that spin, and 3) the X-Scream, a tower that takes you up 120 feet then plunges you straight back down! Didn't like the Ali Baba ride....my 16 yr old daughter bumped her head off the metal bar (because of being jerked sideways) and got a large goose egg on the back of her head and we think she may have had a mild concussion. If you are a shorter person or have a back/neck condition, I wouldn't recommend this ride. The huge ferris wheel is a treat....from the top you can see Lake Erie and some of the beaches at Presque Isle. And I suggest taking a leaisurely flight on the sky lift so you can catch an ariel view of the park. And Water World is very nice! My favorite was the Endless River....a slow moving 2 foot "river" you ride in an inner tube - it circles much of the water park and has a few waterfalls you can go under. The rest of the family seemed to enjoy the many slides. Food prices, as with all amusement parks, were a little much and the quality was mediocre, so next time we go we are planning on taking a cooler and portable grill and cooking at one of the picnic areas. Tickets for both parks cost $22.95 per person, but we stayed at a motel right across the street from the rear entrance to the park (The Riviera Motel...read my review) and they seel discount tickets, so we only paid $18.00 each! Despite a few negatives, all in all it is a great park for family fun and we are planning on going back.

6 Thank BethB39