“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 37 hotels in Erie
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I enjoy this Inn for it's quaintness. It seems to be treated like a home and it feels like a home. I think it was and still is, a family owned Inn. There are not a lot of amenities, but it does not claim to be a vacation spot. it is a comfortable, cozy, homelike place to spend the night. The price is very reasonable, the rooms are spacious and clean, the staff is friendly, and it isslightly away from the downtown area. Downtown Erie is only about a mile away and just about every shop, store, restaurant that you might want is within a four mile radius. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are about the same at the Glass House Inn
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you return soon.

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wayne, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were so impressed with the Glass House Inn because it is so clean, extremely well-maintained, very friendly, accomodating and welcoming. The owners are right on the premises and either greet you at the front desk or on the grounds where they are constantly upgrading and maintaining the property. The landscaping is beautiful with flowers and each room has a bench on the outside covered porch. The breakfast room was well stocked and just like dining in a person's home with their wedding photos and mementos. The Glass House Inn is a Mom&Pop operation which is supporting the local economy to continue its vibrancy and growth. It is very conveniently located to Presque Isle State Park, restaurants and shopping.
Definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Oh my thanks so much for the wonderful review! We do try hard to make your stay a good one.
Effingham, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Would like to go back through Erie just to stay at the Glass House Inn! Loved it's vintage appeal. The rooms had just about everything that a person would want--wifi, comfy chair, table and 2 chairs, great bed, fridge, microwave, and even a window in the bathroom--unheard of! It was also clean, clean, clean--and that means so much! Beautiful grounds with lovely landscaping and a crystal clear pool.! I also enjoyed the breakfast room. I felt like I was in someone's home with antique sideboard and buffet. The breakfast was good and was displayed very well. Liked that they had pottery cups, saucers and plates. I also liked that there was a bench outside our room on the porch which ran the length of the motel. This is a family owned motel and you can feel the pride of ownership in it. Would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Sorry that it has taken us so long to respond to your review. We are so happy you enjoyed our cute little place! It would be nice to meet you the next time you stop.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This had to be the best place that my family and I have stayed at in a long time. The Glass House Inn made us feel more at home than any big box hotel/motel ever could. You walk in and if it isn't one of the owners greeting you at the desk, it's one of the employee's who have been there over 20 years! This has to say something in this day in age that a small family run business could keep such dedicated employees for so long. I highly recommend you staying here not only for location to the beaches and Waldameer, but for the sheer fact of you staying at the owners house...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
glasshouseinn, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Your home away from home! Tim and I hope all our guests feel that way. Clean, comfortable and unique small family run motels are a thing of the past. We are glad to carry on the tradition of a hands on motel. Thank you! Sincerely, Laura
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Excellent family motel! The entire place was clean and well kept. The pool was crystal clear; my 5 year old grandson had a blast swimming there. The grounds have nice curb appeal too. Our room was spotless and although it was a bit dated it didn't detract from our overall great experience. The staff was wonderful. We had a pet friendly room and I was a bit concerned about fleas but I never saw even one! I have stayed in 5-star hotels that were not as welcoming as The Glass House Inn, and will recommend it to anyone who is looking to stay in the Presque Isle area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jennifer, Thank you for staying with us and writing the nice review. The reviews help other travelers know what to expect at the Glass House Inn. Hope to have you visit again. Sincerely, Laura
Fayette City, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Home away from home. I really enjoyed my stay here, and reccommend it. Nothing fancy, older vintage style but very nice. My room was very clean, sheets and bath linens were very well kept and clean. Shower was great, awesome water pressure, and must say the prettiest shower curtain. I stay in hotels a lot for work and this was a breath of fresh air, not ur typical hotel. Very nice pool. Only downfall is the lobby is closed from 11pm to 7-30am, so you can't get ice before 7:30am or breakfast.
But over all, great stay, good bed, fridge, tv, bath. Very happy. :-)
Check it out.
And the outside landscaping is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013
We love being a bit old fashion! Thank you for the nice review and for staying with us. Hope your enjoying your summer. Sincerely, Laura
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My boyfriend and my parents stayed this past weekend (June 21-23) at the Glass house Inn. This was our first time staying in Erie PA. My boyfriend decided to surprise me with a surprise shopping trip over the border. We decided to stay in Erie PA which is different from our norm of staying in Buffalo NY. He had shown me several hotels a couple of days before and immediately I choose the Glass House Inn. I loved the art deco vintage look to the bathrooms and the over all coziness of the inn. When we arrived, we were greeted by a welcoming and friendly staff, I noticed as soon as I came in the antiques which I rather enjoyed and helped to create the ambiance of the inn. There was plenty of parking for our car (you can even park in front of your room if you chose to) and the outdoor pool was a refreshing (especially after a long hot day of shopping). One night we chose to eat by the pool which was a plus, and the pool didn't close till 11pm so if you wanted to go for a night time swim the option was available to you. We were close enough to shopping (2 miles away) and resturants and attractions. I especially enjoyed all the wonderful channels of american TV that this inn had to offer and even more so, the vintage art deco bathroom in our room. The tub was a deep tub and was relaxing to have a nice long bath in it. The continential breakfast was nice, with fresh tea and fruits and you ate in the dinning room and personally I felt at home. The bed felt like sleeping on a cloud and I had a nice sound sleep, and I wasn't disrupted by any of my neighbours. I would definatly return to this inn and recommend it to anyone traveling in the Erie PA area.

Room Tip: Look through the pictures posted by others and you can always call ahead to book the best room that...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond to your review. Summer keeps Tim and me very busy keeping the motel in tip top shape. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again! Maybe for some Christmas shopping? Sincerely, Laura

Been to Glass House Inn? Share your experiences!