“perfect quaint overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 37 hotels in Erie
Erie
“perfect quaint overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

this hotel was just what we were looking for-the owners were charming and we had a wonderful stay ! Since my daughter will be attending college next fall in Erie I know this will be our first choice for an overnight stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for the lovely review. Tim and I are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always nice to have repeat visitors. The Glass House Inn is a older cute late 50s motel. The bathrooms do have the old tiles which is true to the motels age. Thank you for staying with us.

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at the Glass House Inn last weekend with my sisters for a girls shopping weekend. Although it is about a 5-10 min drive from the Peach St shopping area...it was the perfect place to head to after the hustle and bustle of crazy shopping!!
It is a cute older style motel that felt like we were staying at a B & B. Our room was spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable. Although the furnishings and fixtures are very outdated they certainly have been well maintained. We had no concerns with anything during our stay. The staff we encountered were very friendly and pleasant . The continental breakfast is included and is served in a quaint dining area near the lobby. It has antique furnishings and is quite lovely. Breakfast was toast, muffins, danish, cereals(hot and cold) , coffee ,tea, and juice. Any of the staff we encountered were very friendly . I called and emailed the hotel several times after booking with enquiries about location etc, and each time felt like I was talking to a friend. We are planning to book again for our annual shopping trip next year since we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!!

Room Tip: we had a family room which has 2 doubles and a single bed..there were 4 women, and tons of shopping...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. Erie is a great place for shopping! We are so glad you stayed with us. Hope to have you visit again!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Erie, PA is a good resting point when we drive from our NH home to Chicago to spend time with our daughter and son-in-law. We've tried several of the nearby big box-style chain hotels. None of them have the comfortable, at home feel of the Glass House Inn. The owners' pride and attention to detail and quality is obvious throughout the entire property, from the neatly trimmed lawn to the comfortable, ultra-clean and nicely updated rooms. The experience is like staying in the guest room of a family member or friend's home...particularly since our Bassett Hound was welcomed as warmly as we were! The fact that the Inn sits at the edge of a nice, safe-feeling neighborhood is a bonus for those of us who travel with a pet. It's much, much nicer to walk our dog here than along the strip of grass between a chain hotel parking lot and the highway. We're going to make the Glass House Inn our regular west-bound stop.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and the lovely review. We love that the Glass House Inn has a warm and friendly feel. We run an old fashion family motel and love it. Hope to meet you all the next time your coming through Erie.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Glass House this past August along with our grand kids in adjoining rooms. All your reviews were right on the mark. The rooms were very clean and the staff friendly.The location was an easy drive to the sites/places we had planned to see. The pool area was nice, with plenty of seating. Over all our stay was a very positive experience and I would suggest this motel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us this past summer. New this year at our pool area is a large canopy cover for those who enjoy a bit of shade. We also this fall removed all the old landscaping bushes and will be planting all new one this spring! We are excited and looking forward to a long hot summer. Hope to see you again with your grandchildren! Thanks!
Valencia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with two friends on November 3-4. Sure it's not modern like a new hotel, but I found it very quaint which I loved. Loved the feeling of a hotel from my childhood. I thought it very well maintained and clean-especially since it's dog friendly. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are quaint and old fashion! Offering very clean and comfortable rooms. Guests think it is great you park right out side your room. Some old things are still great! Thanks for the review and staying with us.
Meredith, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm pretty much a road warrior. I've been to all sorts of hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, etc. I'm a baby boomer, so you know how old I am.

When I was a small lad, back in the late 1950's my mom and dad drove my sister and me to Florida down US 27. There were no expressways back then.

Once in Florida, we stayed at a traditional motel.

That's what the Glass House Inn is like. It's a journey back in time to when motels were the place to stay. Each motel had it's own character. It wasn't part of a chain.

What would you say if I told you that Laura, the owner, was at the front desk when I got out of my car at 9:30 pm? Would you be shocked if I told you her husband Tim was just behind me sitting on a couch chatting it up with another guest? When was the last time you stayed someplace like that?

Remember staying at places where you get a real key that has a plastic tag with the motel name and address on it? Well, you get one here. Look at my photos that I uploaded.

The room was clean, I loved the small grassy area in front of each room and I can't say enough great things about the place.

I'm a small business person myself. I own the AsktheBuilder website as well as the StainSolver website. I love dealing with small business people like Laura and Tim. Laura is a third generation owner of the Glass House Inn! Her grandmother started the motel.

Stay at this place and tell me what you think. I guarantee you'll love it. No, I'm not related to Laura and Tim and they didn't give me anything to write this. It's the truth.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We love our guests and enjoy visiting with them when we are able! We have a great number of repeat customers. We see families grow up right before our eyes. Many families make a annual trip to Erie beaches and to our motel ! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review. Hope to see you again.
East Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

MY husband took me on a wine tour for my birthday and this motel was recommended by a local .This little Inn was perfect Tim checked us in and recommended places in the area,the rooms were extremely clean ,the breakfast area was very nice ,and the staff was very sweet!! I plan on taking my grandkids here this summer as the pool area and gazebo look great. The inn is also not too far from the Peninsula so we can go to the beach during the day and pool in the evening. Great Place Tim and Laura and staff!!!

Room Tip: all rooms ground level with parking right outside your door
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We love the regions wines too! We hope you do come back our way this summer with your grandchildren. Thank you kindly and next time check out our zoo. It's so nice! Thanks!

Been to Glass House Inn? Share your experiences!