“A Welcoming and Comfortable Stop” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Chicago, Illinois
“A Welcoming and Comfortable Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Erie, PA is a good resting point when we drive from our NH home to Chicago to spend time with our daughter and son-in-law. We've tried several of the nearby big box-style chain hotels. None of them have the comfortable, at home feel of the Glass House Inn. The owners' pride and attention to detail and quality is obvious throughout the entire property, from the neatly trimmed lawn to the comfortable, ultra-clean and nicely updated rooms. The experience is like staying in the guest room of a family member or friend's home...particularly since our Bassett Hound was welcomed as warmly as we were! The fact that the Inn sits at the edge of a nice, safe-feeling neighborhood is a bonus for those of us who travel with a pet. It's much, much nicer to walk our dog here than along the strip of grass between a chain hotel parking lot and the highway. We're going to make the Glass House Inn our regular west-bound stop.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and the lovely review. We love that the Glass House Inn has a warm and friendly feel. We run an old fashion family motel and love it. Hope to meet you all the next time your coming through Erie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Glass House this past August along with our grand kids in adjoining rooms. All your reviews were right on the mark. The rooms were very clean and the staff friendly.The location was an easy drive to the sites/places we had planned to see. The pool area was nice, with plenty of seating. Over all our stay was a very positive experience and I would suggest this motel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us this past summer. New this year at our pool area is a large canopy cover for those who enjoy a bit of shade. We also this fall removed all the old landscaping bushes and will be planting all new one this spring! We are excited and looking forward to a long hot summer. Hope to see you again with your grandchildren! Thanks!
Valencia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with two friends on November 3-4. Sure it's not modern like a new hotel, but I found it very quaint which I loved. Loved the feeling of a hotel from my childhood. I thought it very well maintained and clean-especially since it's dog friendly. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are quaint and old fashion! Offering very clean and comfortable rooms. Guests think it is great you park right out side your room. Some old things are still great! Thanks for the review and staying with us.
Meredith, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'm pretty much a road warrior. I've been to all sorts of hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, etc. I'm a baby boomer, so you know how old I am.

When I was a small lad, back in the late 1950's my mom and dad drove my sister and me to Florida down US 27. There were no expressways back then.

Once in Florida, we stayed at a traditional motel.

That's what the Glass House Inn is like. It's a journey back in time to when motels were the place to stay. Each motel had it's own character. It wasn't part of a chain.

What would you say if I told you that Laura, the owner, was at the front desk when I got out of my car at 9:30 pm? Would you be shocked if I told you her husband Tim was just behind me sitting on a couch chatting it up with another guest? When was the last time you stayed someplace like that?

Remember staying at places where you get a real key that has a plastic tag with the motel name and address on it? Well, you get one here. Look at my photos that I uploaded.

The room was clean, I loved the small grassy area in front of each room and I can't say enough great things about the place.

I'm a small business person myself. I own the AsktheBuilder website as well as the StainSolver website. I love dealing with small business people like Laura and Tim. Laura is a third generation owner of the Glass House Inn! Her grandmother started the motel.

Stay at this place and tell me what you think. I guarantee you'll love it. No, I'm not related to Laura and Tim and they didn't give me anything to write this. It's the truth.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We love our guests and enjoy visiting with them when we are able! We have a great number of repeat customers. We see families grow up right before our eyes. Many families make a annual trip to Erie beaches and to our motel ! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review. Hope to see you again.
East Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

MY husband took me on a wine tour for my birthday and this motel was recommended by a local .This little Inn was perfect Tim checked us in and recommended places in the area,the rooms were extremely clean ,the breakfast area was very nice ,and the staff was very sweet!! I plan on taking my grandkids here this summer as the pool area and gazebo look great. The inn is also not too far from the Peninsula so we can go to the beach during the day and pool in the evening. Great Place Tim and Laura and staff!!!

Room Tip: all rooms ground level with parking right outside your door
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We love the regions wines too! We hope you do come back our way this summer with your grandchildren. Thank you kindly and next time check out our zoo. It's so nice! Thanks!
Oakville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

After years of staying at larger hotels in the area this was a pleasant change.
The family atmosphere the cleanliness of our room and the service from the front desk was very personal.
Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Edgewood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were nervous at first but when we checked in all anxiety vanished. We have stayed in Erie every year for our daughters tennis tournaments, always a highway hotel. This year we opted for something off the beaten path. We loved it! No more highway hotels for us in Erie! The Glass House Inn was so comfortable and clean that we felt like home. They even allow pets in certain rooms. We recommend that you try it. We will be back next year

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Glass House Inn? Share your experiences!