“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 16 Attractions in Erie
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride, Slide, Splash And Plunge Your Way To Fun At Splash Lagoon In Erie, PA. From 9 Swirling Water Slides, Relax In The Family Whirlpools, Float Down The Lazy River, Play In Adventure Bay, Get drenched by The 1,000 Gallon Tipping Bucket, Toddler Play Areas, Explore The 5 Story Tiki Tree House, 6,000 Sq Ft Of Gaming Fun In Treasure Island Arcade, One Of The Best Places To Kid Around For Your Birthday Or Group Outing.Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Wild Waves Indoor Wavepool opening Fall 2011! Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Coming Soon-10,000 Sq Ft Wave Pool Coming Spring 2009!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Mount Union, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have a family of 5. two adults, a 13 yr old teen boy, and 2 girls ages 6 & 2. My husband & teen son had a blast on all the slides. I was however disappointed that on our 2nd day there they kicked my 6 yr old out of the little kid area. She is afraid of deep water so the kid area was just her speed. She spent lots of time playing with her little sister, until they came around with measuring how tall the kids were and throwing kids out. My 6 yr old is tall for her age but in no way is she big. She is so skinny. We have trouble getting her to gain weight. She was devastated that they kicked her out. I was furious. We had wristbands for the next day but we gave them away. We will not be visiting here again. The Guys however did have a great time and there is tons of stuff to do there.

Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I'm so sorry your visit wasn't a great one.
We do have an area for our smallest guests and their parents. However, I understand that some children are not as comfortable with water and slides, and may not be ready for the big slides just yet. I will discuss this with our aquatics manager and make sure we work with guests as much as possible.
I would be more than happy to discuss your experience with you if you would like to give me a call at your convenience. Carrie 814-217-1113

Erie, Pennsylvania
“I played a chimpanzee here once...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Yes, you may be asking yourself, what does that title have to do with this review? And I would answer, nothing, but it got your attention! Their mascot used to be a chimp named, DJ. Don't ask me why...
It is in fact, a fun if not expensive place to go and have a break from the ordinary. As with any theme park with rides and attractions, you do get your moneys worth. Where else can you go to in the middle of winter and enjoy 84 degree temperature and go swimming, sliding, hanging at a wave pool or in a hot tub? It's pretty cool, and by that I mean warm! There is a giant bucket of water that fills up and dumps over the middle of the water park, it's cool to see everyone run towards it every few minutes to get drenched! Don't worry though, it's in the middle of the park and there are dry places for non water loving folk away from the moistness.
There is all sorts of stuff for parents to do while the kids are playing in the water. There is an adult area with a hot tub, a bar and karaoke, as well as family dining areas and video game arcade!
All in all, there is a price to come here but it is worth it for year round fun in the psuedo-sun!
And don't worry, I will not be making an appearance dressed as a chimp, unless you're into that sort of thing...

Visited May 2013
I will definitely let "DJ" know you asked about him...
We have a different "DJ" here tomorrow night for our After Dark Party from 9 pm to 12:30 am!! Lots of Fun!
We hope to see you again soon!
Erie, Pennsylvania
“its summer all year long”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

great park,great location,plenty of restaurant and hotel choices.The new wave pool is the largest on the east coast.The hot tub next to the bar is great for dad and mom

Visited April 2014
Glad to here you're a fan! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
6 attraction reviews
“Absolutely essential in Erie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Here's the problem: it's April 15th and still snowing in Erie, the snowiest city with a population over 100,000 in the country! We have a great peninsula, beaches and a lake, but also five to six months of winter. So Splash Lagoon is our Paradise in the midst of ice. It is really like being on a beach. Not only fun for the kids but adults as well ( Dad can easily walk indoors to the bar at Boston's ). Waves, water slides, buckets of falling water, just an indoor oasis. Scott Enterprises have a real gem here, and it's connected by indoor passages to the restaurant and to Holiday Inn Express. So you don't even have to stray outside into the snow, even if it's still snowing in July. A must see and play in Erie!

Visited March 2014
We're proud to be your local "island" getaway! Thank you for the feedback!
Plattsburgh, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for our visit to the water park. The first nite was great... Hardly anyone in the park.. The next day was crazy! The food and drinks are WAY overpriced! The park is cool for younger siblings, but our 13 yr old was getting bored after a few hours! I've been to quite a few water parks,, this one is run of the mill and average, but clean!

Visited April 2014
I appreciate your feedback, and am glad you made some great memories at the park. May-November is our slower season, so we would love to have you back again!