“needs some TLC” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8101 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16509   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 35 hotels in Erie
Strongsville, Ohio
“needs some TLC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We opted to stay here while visiting the Splash Lagoon indoor water-park because it is attached to the water-park and had a bunk bed area for the kiddos. We have stayed at Holiday inn's before so were surprised when this room was far below our expectations. The room was in need of some serious TLC. There were stains on the furniture, the carpet was bubbling all over, the wallpaper was tearing off the walls, and the wood structure that made up the kids area looked as if it might fall at any moment. The breakfast that was provided in the morning was decent but the cafeteria area itself was disgusting. From the minute you walked into the area your were sticking to the floor. The night before when we walked by there were still dishes stacked up from the previous morning. ICK! Although we enjoyed ourselves at the water-park we would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: we had the kid suite with bunk beds....kids loved having "their own space" but the bunks a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Karly M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Our team here at the Holiday Inn Express would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide superior accommodations. In this regard, our team would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that all of the points you raised in your review will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer. In the very near future we will be doing upgrades to the property and would love to have you and your family return to see the improvements.

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you're planning a trip to the Splash Lagoon in Erie, this is a great choice for hotel. This year's spring break was extremely cold, so it was a big advantage to be housed within the Lagoon complex - no need to go outside.

Our family stayed in one of the suites, which is equipped with a full kitchen (including dishwasher). The bedroom is separate from the living room, so you can close the door and let the kids get to sleep. Electric fireplace in the living room and a pull-out couch that provides an extra bed. Flat screen TV's in both rooms. Full bathroom with tub and shower, all very clean.

We were impressed by the friendly attitude of the staff, and felt very satisfied with our stay. It's our first experience with Holiday Inn Express, but it certainly won't be our last.

2 Thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Karly M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this review, March 30, 2013
We are most pleased to read your review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Erie. Thank you so much for your feed back for we strive to deliver excellence in all that we do. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Holiday Inn Express as well as Splash Lagoon. A perfect time to escape the cold weather that fell upon us during our spring break this year, 84 degrees is most certainly more appealing than snow :) There is no better motivator for our team than seeing a guest returning to the hotel! We look forward to being of service to you again in the future!
Williamsville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently travelled there with my family for a night. We experienced a problem in regards to reservations, where I was charged improperly...the General Manager helped me settle the issue as well as upgraded my family of 4 to a beautiful suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub. Just beautiful and very nice of her. Thank you for a pleasent stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Karly M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write your kind words about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express! I am over the moon that you and your family enjoyed yourselves so very much. I will bring these positive words back to our team here. We truly hope to see you again on your next visit to the Erie area. Consider us a home away from home :)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my family to learn that this hotel did not meet expectations. The rooms were dirty, smelled of smoke in a non-smoking room. The floors were so dirty I wouldn't let my dog sleep in the floor. Had to change hotels and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for half the price. Water Park Great Hotel us awful!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Karly M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express. I would like to extend my apologies for your less then pleasant time you had with our property. I have taken note of all your valuable comments and they will be addressed accordingly. We take all reviews, both positive and negative, very seriously and your feedback will help us improve on our service for your next visit. Thank you again.
Fredonia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed there with my daughters and grand daughters just to have "Girls time". We stayed in one of their studio suites which also was handicapped accessible. The room was very open, spacious, and very clean. The bathroom had a tub and shower, a shower chair was also there. Jacuzzi in the main room. 2 queen beds, and 2 couches that turned into beds. It comfortably accommodated 5 adults and 3 children. The hotel has access to Splash Lagoon which was great not to have to outside with bathing suits. The arcade had a "pajama party" which the girls had a ball. There was many families staying there, so the continental breakfast in the morning really had the staff hopping to keep up. Staff from desk on were extremely helpful filling our needs for extra towels, etc. Would I stay here again? Hell yeah! My family cant wait ti go back. My only complaint...needs more parking spaces

Room Tip: Room 118.. handicapp accessible.. on the first floor.. not far from the front desk and dining area...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Our studio suites are most certainly the best for events such as a "girls night", spacious and sounds as though very accomodating for your family. We would love to help in hosting the next trip that you and your family plan on making to Erie area. We strive for our guests to have a positive experience and are delighted we had achieved this with your trip. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Check in was quick and smooth. No issues on our stay. Staff was accommodating and all our request was met. Free breakfast was appreciated. Access to water park from within the hotel. Ask for higher floors for a good view. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Non smoking room on higher floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of myself and my team we are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Holiday Inn Express. Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. We hope to see you and your family again soon. I would love to help in any future plans you may have in comming to the Erie area again.
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

First, I would not stay at this hotel again and I am a very loyal IHG Platinum member. But the hotel is quite a bit dated compared to HI Express in my opinion and it likely shows a bit more wear and tear since it is connected to a water park.

I stayed in rooms 423 and 523, both rooms had two beds. So out of 4 beds, I would say all mattresses were pretty worn and inconsistent. I also thought the hotel in general and in the rooms were not as clean as other HI Express properties.

The staff/service after my stay was great (I had to call to fix a minor issues), but during the stay and during check-in there was very little over the top customer service.

In my opinion it is a 2 star average Holiday Inn Express. I will probably would stay at the hotel again, but if another IHG property opened in Erie that is for sure where I would stay.

Like other reviews, my room was not clean. Found hair in both and room was simply worn down.

Room Tip: A different hotel :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I would first like to thank you for taking time to write your review from your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express in Erie. I would also like to extend my apologies for inconsistency you had found with our property. I would like you to know your concerns are not taken lightly and we take these reviews very seriously. As we strive to make our service top notch, reviews such as yours are taken back to our team in efforts that situations like this do not occur again. Also in the near future we will be making some updates in the rooms. As a valued customer of the IHG brand we hope that in your travels you would consider giving us another chance. Thank you again for your feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township)? Share your experiences!