Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8101 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16509   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Fredonia, New York
“GREAT WEEKEND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed there with my daughters and grand daughters just to have "Girls time". We stayed in one of their studio suites which also was handicapped accessible. The room was very open, spacious, and very clean. The bathroom had a tub and shower, a shower chair was also there. Jacuzzi in the main room. 2 queen beds, and 2 couches that turned into beds. It comfortably accommodated 5 adults and 3 children. The hotel has access to Splash Lagoon which was great not to have to outside with bathing suits. The arcade had a "pajama party" which the girls had a ball. There was many families staying there, so the continental breakfast in the morning really had the staff hopping to keep up. Staff from desk on were extremely helpful filling our needs for extra towels, etc. Would I stay here again? Hell yeah! My family cant wait ti go back. My only complaint...needs more parking spaces

Room Tip: Room 118.. handicapp accessible.. on the first floor.. not far from the front desk and dining area...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Karly M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience with us. Our studio suites are most certainly the best for events such as a "girls night", spacious and sounds as though very accomodating for your family. We would love to help in hosting the next trip that you and your family plan on making to Erie area. We strive for our guests to have a positive experience and are delighted we had achieved this with your trip. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Check in was quick and smooth. No issues on our stay. Staff was accommodating and all our request was met. Free breakfast was appreciated. Access to water park from within the hotel. Ask for higher floors for a good view. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Non smoking room on higher floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of myself and my team we are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Holiday Inn Express. Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. We hope to see you and your family again soon. I would love to help in any future plans you may have in comming to the Erie area again.
Greenville, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

First, I would not stay at this hotel again and I am a very loyal IHG Platinum member. But the hotel is quite a bit dated compared to HI Express in my opinion and it likely shows a bit more wear and tear since it is connected to a water park.

I stayed in rooms 423 and 523, both rooms had two beds. So out of 4 beds, I would say all mattresses were pretty worn and inconsistent. I also thought the hotel in general and in the rooms were not as clean as other HI Express properties.

The staff/service after my stay was great (I had to call to fix a minor issues), but during the stay and during check-in there was very little over the top customer service.

In my opinion it is a 2 star average Holiday Inn Express. I will probably would stay at the hotel again, but if another IHG property opened in Erie that is for sure where I would stay.

Like other reviews, my room was not clean. Found hair in both and room was simply worn down.

Room Tip: A different hotel :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I would first like to thank you for taking time to write your review from your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express in Erie. I would also like to extend my apologies for inconsistency you had found with our property. I would like you to know your concerns are not taken lightly and we take these reviews very seriously. As we strive to make our service top notch, reviews such as yours are taken back to our team in efforts that situations like this do not occur again. Also in the near future we will be making some updates in the rooms. As a valued customer of the IHG brand we hope that in your travels you would consider giving us another chance. Thank you again for your feedback.
Warren, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is our 2nd time staying at splash lagoon.

The BAD: hotel staff never seems friendly and the breakfast is a complete disaster in the mornings both times. . not enough food. . plates or seats.

The waterpark is cold. . we've been to Kalahari multiple times and is MUCH MUCH warmer inside the park. Part of the reason we like Kalahari better.

The GOOD: We love the waterpark. .our son is 3 and is very big for his age. He loves that he does not have to wear a lifejacket on the slides. He has no fear and goes down every slide and loves it. A major reason why we chose Splash Lagoon over Kalahari the last two times. . only down fall is the temp. it is no way 80 in there. Lines are always short and or fast moving. The employees inside the park are very helpful and polite.

The other thing is we found dirty socks and crumbs in our sons bunk beds. . it was gross we complained to the front desk they really didnt care - they said they would send someone to change the bedding and never did. . our son slept in our bed that night bc it was gross in his. I feel pretty let down on the customer service at the hotels. We will not be coming back due to this. We will try Great Wolf Lodge or go back to Kalahari next time. The hotel situation kills Splash Lagoon for our family. At Kalahari you feel like you are more on a resort and the hotel staff is much more friendly. We even called back after we checked out to complain and the front desk said they would have the manager contact us. . still nothing almost 2 weeks later.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear BuckeyeGirly,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our waterpark.

However,We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff and housekeeping as well as the poor breakfast selection. We will address this and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rossford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We decided to stay here as a package with the water park and based on some poor reviews from the other nearby hotels. I decided to get the kids suite with a bunk bed and a jucuzzi tub. Really not worth the money because we spent all day in the water and nobody even used the gigantic jacuzzi. I would recommend the cheapest room available since your basically sleeping there and that's it. Check in 4, Out at 11 and since the water park stays open til 9 theres not much time or energy left to enjoy the room. Everything seemed cleaned, plenty of towels, sturdy bunk beds. A king bed would have been nice since I was spending $330 for one night( which included water park passes) The breakfast food was great, but eating area was a little crowded and noisy. There were a few business type people eating as well and they seemed frustrated with all the kids running around and the line to get some coffee.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Forestville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Rented 2 room suite for my family of 7.cost approx. $675 for one Sat. night. check in took over 20 min. and key did not work first time. Room was not vacuumed,hair on bathroom floor and in tub,paint peeling on ceiling(rm 328).Hallways had large stains everywhere.Now the bad part.Rented a locker on Sat. for some small items.Cost of $15. $5 for locker and a deposit of $10.On Sunday I tried to return key for my deposit.(also I was not supposed to keep the key over night.And I only kept it for the convenience of not having to go through the process again.Which was not posted anywhere or was it stated.) I was told at this time I needed my receipt.I was not told to keep it or I would have!So now they will not refund my deposit....ok it's only $10 but I still have the key which they wanted.I still have the key.Must be cheaper to repair,then to have me give up the key. Water park was nice,and staff at park, just ok. Highlight of the whole trip was breakfast and leaving.Sorry to say we wont be returning until I receive an apology.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
indiana, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife, two children and I stayed one night. Check in was great. The girl at the front desk was excellant. The room was spacious and very clean. Splash lagoon was attached to the hotel and was a short walk. The continental breakfast was very good. I would stay here again. Don't go to Quaker State and Lube. Food was terrible.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township)? Share your experiences!