“You'll Like It” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 343 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
Cleveland, Ohio
“You'll Like It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Place is on the campus of the Millcreek Mall. Dined with family of 5 on a Friday night. Place was rather full, but no wait for a table. Bar area was happening and active. Food quality and portion sizes were very good, service was just good. I have been here 2 or 3 times now, and the place is consistently good. Open kitchen area where you can see the wood fire grill. Would return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, friendly professional staff...(Cagney was our waitress, Mike at the bar). Food was perfect, I had the prime rib, my wife the steak kabobs, lobster queso for app, all was delish. All done to our liking...wood fired taste was so good. Saw some reviews that say too high priced...but I thought prices were appropriate with the quality that was delivered...actually a bargain. Learned a lot about the chain from enthusiastic staff that love working there...always a good sign. Great place will return next time in Erie...

Visited August 2013
Wheeling, WV
“Delicious Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Two friends and I had dinner at this restaurant recently. The atmosphere is very nice, and we found the waitstaff to be very knowledgeable and helpful as well as efficient in serving. One friend ordered Prime Rib and ordered it Medium. The server let her know how it would be prepared and it sounded like it would be too rare. According to the server, the terms "rare, medium rare, etc." are not the same for prime rib as they are for steak. That could explain why when I order prime rib medium rare, which is how I order my steak, it is usually too rare, and hard to cut and chew. My friend ordered it medium well, and it was perfectly done.

I had the parmesan crusted flounder and it was amazing. I am wishing we had a Firebirds near where I live as I would love to have this dish again. The third friend had the shrimp and strawberry salad and said it was very good.

The bread served with the meal is delicious, and we could have had other sides, as well as salad for extra cost, but the portions are large and there was no need for anything extra.

I would definitely return to Firebirds when in the area where they have a restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Mi
“good food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ate here last Thursday night at 8:30 on the recommendation of a store clerk at the mall. Very lovely interior. Not very busy for a Thursday night which is why I'm surprised the service was so bad. The young lady serving us seemed very flustered. She greeted us promptly but then disappeared until after our entrees came (someone else brought our apps)...drinks were dry for quite awhile (the other waiter actually came over and refilled our waters)...noticed that the hostess spent a lot of time standing around doing nothing, why isn't she refilling drinks? She did appear with our steaks and seemed put out when we said we needed our drinks refilled (maybe they should have bigger glasses, those tiny tumblers hold next to nothing), my tip reflected her service...I think we'll try some of the other restaurants in the area on our next trip

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
elphie1162,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Erie, PA location. I am so sorry that we did not execute our usual standard of hospitality. Because your feedback is important to us, I would love to have someone reach out to you. Would you please respond with your contact information?

Becky
Cleveland, Ohio
“LOVE !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place has the BEST food and drinks! They are a little pricey, but I am ok with that because this is a great example of you get what you pay for! The service is wonderful, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the food, dessert (chocolate cake specifically OMG!), and drinks are to die for! When we are staying in Erie for the week, we go at least 2-3 days out of the 5 we stay!

Visited May 2013