“Pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We travel to Erie to see family and have had a hard time finding a "suite" that actually had a separate bed room (we have a baby and a 5 year old). Most "suites" in this area seem to be a half wall in a somewhat larger room. This was a true 1 bedroom. (the 2 bedrooms were sold out) and the price was great. When it came to sheets for the pullout or extra towels, we had to be proactive and get them from the front desk, but it was quick and easy.. The place is clean, convenient, had a pool the kids enjoyed,, has breakfast, parking and wi-fi..so our stay was very pleasant and family friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the pleasant stay that you recently had. We enjoyed having you as our guest. We always have great rates available and hope you will choose us again on your next travels to Erie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Mentor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have been staying at Hilton hotels since we started traveling after we retired 4 yrs. ago. This is the 1st time at Homewood Suites. Rooms are very nice and ours was clean. The have a kitchen and sitting area. Breakfast was good for a free breakfast. Service was very good. Only complaint it is located in the mall area and you can't see it very well from Interchange Rd. Our GPS kept telling us we had arrived and we drove past it a couple of times. Would stay at Homewood Suites again. They also serve you dinner Mon-Thu.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay. I hope to see you back in the near future.
brookville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stay away they will rip you off and treat nothing more than the gum on the carpets! curtain stains fireplace did not work no coffee on table and the table chairs broke one missing closet door falls off and upon late arrival 2 complaints as we were bringing in luggage in telling us to be quiet POOR Management!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you and I had the chance to meet before check out and that I was able to issue our Suite Assurance Guarantee. I appreciate you being so understanding after our final conversation. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel was very clean. There was little to no sound in the hallways or between suites. The room was very clean. It is also very close to great food (Smokey Bones) and shopping in the nearby mall. It is very close to the highway as well as the main shopping area for places such as Barnes and Nobels

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our prime location. I hope that you will be back during your next travels to Erie.
Brookville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I had a 2 bedroom ,4th floor checked in late tired of driving teens, The lady at front desk did not care i was standing there after 10 minutes waiting she then booked me in still bring luggage in and received 2 phone calls from front desk telling us we are running and never asked for the adult of the room and accused us of running same lady checked us in.The fireplace did not work, missing table chair, 2 wobbled took down stairs did not replace we could not eat at table missing, sheet for sofa bed asked for roll away would not give,this was my grand kids stay and they had to sit on the couch not aloud to move I will not be back! and we will see if i get my money back cause i am checking out tomorrow!

Room Tip: I am sorry i have no good tips to give i checked on line to book this room was taken then it was not...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. This is certainly not the typical experience at our location. It seems we fell short in many ways and my deepest apologies go out to you and your family. As promised, we do have our Suite Assurance guarantee which ensures that if you are not satisfied and we could not correct your issues to your satisfaction that your room is on us. This guarantee was honored in this case and therefore, you were not charged for this stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to make your stay a memorable one.
Salamanca, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed here on a Thursday night & didn't know they had a little dinner buffet Monday-Thursday nights. It was a nice surprise & also very good! We enjoyed our stay here except for the bed! I thought I was booking a double double but ended up with just a queen bed and we are used to sleeping in a king bed so we were very uncomfortable plus the mattress is way way too soft! It was like sleeping on a big old fluffy marshmallow! Neither of us slept well at all. But the staff was nice, the hot tub was nice (but the control for the jets is hidden by the fire hydrant!) and everything was very clean. But we probably won't stay there again as the bed was too uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a firm mattress! Unless you like super soft beds
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It seems you enjoyed your visit. I do apologize regarding the comfort of the mattress. All of our guest suites have the Hilton standard Serta Suite dreams mattresses to provide the best sleep experience possible. Based on usage, I am sure some may be softer/firmer than others. I hope this will not hinder you from staying with us in the future. We do offer King Suites which seems like it will fit your needs. I hope you will give us another chance in the future. To ensure the correct room/bed type, you can call the hotel directly to book your reservations.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

So, I was really excited when I found out I was staying at this hotel for my trip to Conneaut. It features all suites, and breakfast and dinner. I have to admit I was disappointed. The room was nice and I enjoyed having the kitchenette area, but I had an issue with the thermostat all week. Every night I would set it at something like 68, and when I woke up in the morning, it was somehow set to 74 or 75. Stifling!

Housekeeping was so so. They never replaced the makeup removal wipe that I was thrilled to find when I checked in. They never emptied the coffee pot. Once they didn't replace the coffee I used. I got a blanket out of the closet the first evening, and while I didn't expect them to put it away, they just left it in a pile on the couch.

And finally, the food was also so so. The breakfast was the usual kind of breakfast served at these hotels, and was fine. Dinner was the disappointment. If you didn't get down there right at the start of the meal time, pickings were slim, as they were not quick to refill anything. The second night was supposed to be meatloaf, and they were basically just hamburger patties with very little flavor. The wine was a nice touch though.

So overall, it's a decent hotel, but nothing that would make me stay here over any other local hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and it seems we fell short during this visit. As far as the replenishment of the amenities in your room, there are certain items that are only in placement upon arrival. We would certainly replenish if asked, but unfortunately not all items are to be replaced daily. Also, my apologies regarding the breakfast and dinner concerns and I will certainly heighten focus in these areas to ensure that all of our guests are satisfied. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with a great hotel experience

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie? Share your experiences!