“Close to shops restaurants” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Erie
York
“Close to shops restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We arrived during a torrential rain storm and were welcomed by reception staff.
The room and bathroom were OK, clean but generally a bit tired.
Coffee available all the time but both times we had some it was cold.

Breakfast looked good but the fresh fruit had been frozen (much of it still was) so some of the fruit had turned to mush.
Sachets of porridge offered but with only luke warm water to mix it with we ended with another bowl of mush.
Coffee at breakfast was good and plentiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
FairfieldErie, Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the many issues you had during breakfast and with the coffee during your stay. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and I take it personally when we fail. I hope this does not hinder you from giving us another chance to impress you. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel with outstanding staff! Rooms were very clean,quiet and amenities were as advertised.
Staff are genuinely interested their guests and go the extra each time they interact. A definite must stay at hotel!

• Stayed May 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here one night and it was pretty good. The rooms are big and comfortable (me, husband and toddler). The hotel was completely booked so there was a lot of traffic and noise in the hallways but was mostly quiet at night. Walls must be pretty solid but the floors/ceilings are thin. We heard kids running around in the room above us which was annoying at 7am. It's also pet friendly and even as a dog lover/owner I was irritated by a dog in another room whining when the family left. The pool is small but was heated and stays open till midnight! Breakfast was included and was pretty good. Beds and pillows were comfy but the fitted sheet kept sliding off; Minor issue but annoying. The staff, even house keeping were very nice and polite. It's in a prime location so we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Biggest complaint was the bed - so soft - my back ached for days after! Other than that its your basic small hotel - no bells and whistles - that's for sure! Room was cleaned satisfactorily. Breakfast was edible, I guess. However the location was fantastic if you want to shop! We paid about $120 USD per night - too much in my opinion. A rate of about $90 per night would make this hotel more worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate feedback of any kind, and are constantly striving to improve your experience in any way we can. I apologize that you found the beds too soft. I am pleased to see that you found your room to be satisfactory, and the location was just right for you. I hope that you will return to us on future visits to the area.
WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel before and recently over the weekend. Marriott has recently upgraded this hotel to a category 5, but I would say it is a category 3 at most. The first room they gave me had a smell of smoke. I went to the desk and asked for another room and they gave me one, but to my surprise this room was occupied. I am sure the person in the room was very unhappy to hear the door open at midnight, luckily he had the safety latch engaged. I finally got a third room and it was clean and comfortable, but showed signs of wear. The breakfast was about normal for Fairfield Inn. The hotel gave me 10,000 Marriott points for my troubles, but I don't see how you can ever give someone a room that is already occupied.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry to hear of the negative experience you had while staying at our hotel. We strive to provide the best service to you, and we have clearly missed the mark with your stay. I am pleased to see that we were able to provide you with a resolution that you found to be satisfactory. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope that you will give us another chance to WOW you on your next visit to Erie.
Centennial, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The room was basic, but fine. There was no market or area to purchase sodas or anything.The breakfast provided was scarce at best. But the thing that really frustrated me was the staff. Multiple times I waited quite awhile at the front desk waiting for assistance. I also asked for a late check out, as I had an interview that lasted from early morning until after check out time. The girl was hesitant but agreed. I happened to return early from my interview and another staff member told me they would need me to get out of the room as soon as possible. I am an employee at a Marriott and I would never talk to a guest this way. I am so disappointed by the treatment. I definitely would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the many service letdowns you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and I take it personally when we fail. I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Have stayed @ all the Marriott banners from Ritz Carlton to the 3 star banners. First time @ Fairfield Inns and found the room very, very basic. Disappointing versus the competition in Erie. Staff were friendly. That's not the issue.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Fairfield Inn. I apologize that you did not find our hotel brand to your liking. I do appreciate that you found our staff friendly. We do pride ourselves on being able to provide excellent service for our guests, and we thank you for recognizing that.

Been to Fairfield Inn Erie? Share your experiences!