“Good Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Good Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This Fairfield, is average but very clean. It's what you should get from Fairfield. The front desk folks were great. Our room was clean and everything worked fine. Breakfast was fine other than the sausage they are serving. I don't even know what that is! It sure isn't sausage. However you could find things to fill you up. It's close to a lot of places to eat. The only thing bad I will say is about the pool. Take a look at their website and the photos. Their pool photos show a hot tub behind the pool. I looked in and there was NO hot tub in the pool area. In fact the picture online is definitely not from this hotel. This is not the first time I've had this happen, and it always makes me mad. Part of my decision on a hotel is that they have a hot tub because of my back. If you want a clean, friendly hotel, this place is just fine. Erie hotels tend to be over priced and beat up so this Fairfield is a good bet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear that there were so many positive experiences during your stay, especially with respect to our staff. I will make sure to pass on your praise to them as well. I do apologize that you were led to believe that we have a hot tub at our property. Unfortunately this feature is no longer available at our hotel, and I am sorry for the confusion this caused. We value your feedback greatly, and hope that you will return to our hotel upon your next visit to Erie. Thank you,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We found this hotel to be better than expected. The place was very clean and our room was immaculate. The breakfast was very good - eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, yogurt (even Greek yogurt), fruit and several varieties of juice. The area is a little small but it is nicely laid out.

They had three different newspapers - even over the weekend. The staff was extra friendly. The hotel is conveniently located with plenty of parking. Our room was very quiet and very comfortable - about as big a room as any I have seen at a Fairfield.

I had a question after my stay and received top notch attention when I called and got a follow-up call, which is pretty unusual in the hotel industry. I'll stay here any time I'm in Erie.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Fairfield Inn Erie. We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Geneva, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel was a great place for our girls hockey team to stay. The block rate for the team was $119 a night, including a microwave and refrigerator our room. The staff made you feel as though you were at a Disney resort with their energy, smiles and professionalism. Maria in particular is a gem for the hotel who went the extra mile and made a sign to welcome our team. The queen beds were very comfortable, and the FIVE pillows on each bed were luxurious :) You could smell the 'clean' of the room as you opened the door. The included breakfast was delicious offering a variety of foods from bagels, waffles, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, oatmeal (with nuts, raisins and brown sugar for topping choices!) also they even had Greek yogurt!! If you have time for shopping, the mall is only a parking lot away! I would definitely recommend this hotel! One change I would make to the website is the directions to get to the hotel. You have to actually turn into the shopping center and drive through the parking lot to get to the hotel. It is hard to see the hotel from Interchange road.

Room Tip: You can request a refrigerator and microwave at no extra charge!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel, and I will be sure to share it with our team (especially Maria). We hope that you will return to us the next time you are in Erie. Thank you again.
Shinglehouse, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Spent the night here after dropping our son of at college. Nice comfortable queen beds in the room and lots of pillows. Room was clean. Continental breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, English muffins and bagels, fruit, coffee and so on. Plenty to fill up on and start the day. This hotel has a very nice indoor pool but we didn't have an opportunity to use it. Price was right by putting in a bid on Priceline.com. Got the room for $65. This is right next to the Millcreek Mall. Many great places to eat close by.

Room Tip: Only 4 floors but the elevator works fine.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you on any return trips to Erie! Thank you again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Arrival: We arrived on Thanksgiving evening around 8pm. The hotel is located right next to the mall and near many restaurants.

Check-in: The check-in was the best part of the stay. The employee, Maria, was excellent. Her badge said she was a new employee but she gave great customer service. For having to work on Thanksgiving evening she was friendly, nice and had a great attitude. The check-in process was easy and I must say enjoyable for once. I stay at hotels often, write a lot of reviews and this by far is the best check-in I have ever had!

The room: We have stayed at a few hotels in Erie and this room was an average room for the Erie area. The room had two queen size beds, smaller flat screen TV and appeared to be clean. The room had a view of the mall...we watched the Thanksgiving shoppers at the mall and laughed. To think people would interrupt a day to be thankful to go scrooge shopping is sad but oh well.

Overall the stay was nice and we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I am pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel, especially in regards to your encounters with the staff. I will make sure to pass your praise along to my team. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the holiday, and I hope you will return to us during any future visits to Erie.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel was a great spot to stop overnight with our dog. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful to us and to our dog (who is a 75 lb golden retriever). Accommodations were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive experiences on TripAdvisor! We enjoy being able to host your pets at our hotel, and are pleased that you had such a great stay. We look forward to seeing you (and your Golden Retriever) in the future. Thank you again.
Yoho National Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this property, that is very pet friendly. NO the place is not over run with Dogs, in fact I only notices 1 other dog during my entire stay. My hotel room was very clean and smelt nice, the bed surprisingly with teh Hotel not being a full service Marriott, was very comfortable if not luxurious. The front desk staff in teh afternoon, evening and morning were very attentive, friendly and professional (Marriott does have the best staff).

Last time I was here I thought the breakfast was very sub par, to say the least, cosnisting of microwaved egg and sausage biscuits and not much selection. Thankfully it now seems they have fresh cooked eggs and sausage and more selection. I hope this was not just a weekend thing, that the breakfast was fresh. The location of the property is fine, you can walk to the MillCreek Mall if you wish. The only thing I would recommend, is that they replace the hallway carpets. Also the pool is very nice. I would stay again with or without my pet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel, and that the staff took good care of you during your stay. We just began serving hot items on our breakfast back in June, and so it has taken a little while to get all of the kinks worked out. I am pleased that you found the breakfast to be to your satisfaction on this visit. Thank you again, and we hope to see you on any return visits to Erie.

Been to Fairfield Inn Erie? Share your experiences!