“Good hotel with good people” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Branchport, New York, United States
“Good hotel with good people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We recently spent two nights at Farifield Erie while visiting Mercyhurst University with our daughter. We prefer Marriott in general. The hotel is located inside a shopping center - so we missed the turn the first time through, but the location is perfect to be in the heart of Erie. Just a few minutes from everything. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful with questions and directions. Val at breakfast was wonderful and spoke to us about the College and the area in general. She remembered us the next AM as well and checked-in to see how our visit was. The staff was also very prompt with our request for additional linens. It took less than 5 minutes from calling the front desk to having a stack of clean linens for the pull out sofa in our fourth floor room. No waiting around! Thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Terre Haute
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I needed a pet friendly hotel for my return trip to Indiana and chose this hotel due to it's location in Erie PA. I was able to procure a room with refrigerator & microwave so I could save on a meal out. The hotel was off the main road back behind a shopping mall. The room was clean and my cat enjoyed the window ledge overlooking the parking lot below.
WiFi was free as was the typical continental breakfast.
I would stay here again if I was passing through Erie.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is a great location, right across the road from Mill Creek Mall and also right beside #79 highway which takes you to Grove City Outlet Mall in 50 minutes. The hotel is very clean and has very pleasant and accomodating staff. Only some rooms have refrigerators, so when we checked in and didn't have a frig, the front desk offered to put our perishables in their frig. The beds are very comfortable. A welcome thing after a day of shopping. Complimentary breakfast is 7-9 and was perfect to start the day. Coffee and tea seemed to be available throughout the day. Although they don't have a restaurant on-site, there are many to choose from within 5 minute walk. This will always be my pick for an ERIE shopping trip.

Room Tip: If you want a frig in your room, request it at time of booking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
La Sauvetat-du-Dropt, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived late and was greeted pleasantly by the front desk. She maintained her pleasant demeanor even after my son vomited in the garbage in the lobby. They added an extra hour onto our check out time which wasn't needed after all but a nice touch. The bed was so comfortable I should have stayed another night. The location is great for shopping as it it in the same drive as Macys in Milcreek. The breakfast was good and lots of it

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Milton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just arrived home from two nights at this hotel. I travelled with friends for a shopping weekend. The location is perfect for a shopping weekend - right directly beside a mall and within walking distance to a few big box stores. The room was a little bit tired but clean and comfortable. The check in was quick. The breakfast was fresh and good with many choices. There was an evening snack and fresh coffee and water offered in the lobby throughout the evening. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FairfieldErie, Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
jrbmMilton,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We’re glad that you chose to stay with us and had a great experience. I appreciate your compliments about our staff as well as your added compliments about our hotel amenities. The next time you plan to shop at the Millcreek Mall, we hope you will come and stay with us again.

Best regards!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel was very nice. Good breakfast. Close to restaurants and mall. I wish the drapes would close better so no light would get in.staff was helpful.We were just passing through and it met all our needs

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here. I hope the next time you travel through our area you choose to stay with us again.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The reason I say 4 sleepless nights is because the Fairfield Inn has some type of control built into the supposed AC/Heat system for the room. No matter what temperature you set, it stays a good 5+ degrees under that. If you set the fan for Auto, it doesn't stay on. So basically, you can feel as though you are in control of your environment but really, the Fairfield Inn is! And to make matters worse there is a motion sensor in the room, so unless you are moving around, the system shuts off! How do I know this? Cause once I was in the room for the night - sitting and reading - the AC kept turning off. When I got up it would magically go on. After about a half an hour of this I timed it: if you did not move for 8 minutes - YES 8 MINUTES - the system would turn off!! I called the front desk to ask about it but nobody knew anything. The next morning I asked at the front desk. I think I was speaking with an Assistant Manager and she did confirm that their new AC/Heat System did have controls built into them - but it should only be a 2 degree discrepancy. She didn't know it was 8 minutes and it would turn off - her suggestion was to put a balloon in the room and maybe that would help! Woke up multiple times in the night cause I was hot and would have to wave my pillow around to trip the sensor so the AC would go on. So the next day, I bought a balloon! My daughter and I were like a comedy act, moving the balloon around the room trying to trick the sensor - didn't work. Every morning I'd stop by the desk to complain and be told they'd notify maintenance. When I'd come in for the evening, I'd ask the front desk again (different person at this point). I never knew if anyone was actually checking into my complaints. The 3rd night a maintenance man was sent up. He first off told me he knows nothing about the AC/Heating - he's more of a plumbing guy - so he popped the front off the wall unit and confirmed he didn't know what he was doing. As a last resort he offered to lend us the stand fan that was in the laundry room. We absolutely said yes to that - but really - is this Fairfield Inn's way to remedy a lousy AC system?? I used Marriott miles for this stay (which is why I didn't immediately check out!) - never again will I stay at a lower level Marriott property - and certainly never at the Fairfield Inn in Erie, PA!

*also, even though we were told the room would have a refrigerator and microwave we had neither.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Erie? Share your experiences!