“Very Pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Erie
cincinnati
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at The Fairfield Inn Erie. I was in town at the last minute to attend the funeral of my grandmother. I was having trouble finding a room in town that was affordable for such a last minute trip. I called and spoke to the General Manager Jennifer and explained my situation. She was more than understanding, and even though she was close to being sold out was happy to offer me a fair and affordable rate to myself and my family. She will never know how much this meant to me when I was going through so much pain and had no idea where I was going to stay. I can never thank her enough. My room was not only clean, but the housekeepers took it upon themselves to personally ask me if there was anything they could do for me and made sure any requests I had were taken care of. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Monessen, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently stayed in the Fairfield at Millcreek in Erie on business. The hotel is a bit older and the beds are pretty uncomfortable. The staff was decent and the lobby area was nice. I would stay here again in a pinch if everything else was booked which wa thhe case for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Got in at midnight from a long drive. Check-in took forever. Went to the room, keys didn't work. Went back to the desk for new keys. Back to the room to find some guy all pissed off I was trying to get into his room and woke him up because I was double booked. Back to the desk to finally get a room. Stayed here before but not one of their better moments.

Room Tip: One that's not double-booked.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FairfieldErie, Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for staying with here at the Fairfield Inn in Erie. We would like to apologize for the situation you encountered on the night of your arrival. I am very sorry that you began your stay in this manner. We strive to exceed your expectations each and every time you stay with us. I would like the opportunity to remedy this situation for you, if you wouldn't mind contacting me directly. I do hope that the next time you are traveling through Erie you try our hotel again, so that we can provide you with the experience you have come to expect from a Marriott.

Thank you again.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

It seems that many of the earlier Fairfield Inns, built with both indoor and outdoor corridors, have been downgraded into other budget brand hotels and that the Fairfield brand was wilting away. Though not brand new, this is a larger, multi-story (I think five or six stories) hotel that I suppose is a newer breed of Fairfields, with all indoor corridors and an overall format similar to other limited service hotels within the Marriott family.

Unless shopping at the nearly adjacent mall is what your after (and it's just a rudimentary suburban mall), the location is nothing to write home about. It's several miles from Presque Isle in Erie (could be worse, but could be better) and while it's literally right along I-79, to access it, you must drive through the shopping complex and likely wait to turn left at a very long traffic signal. Next door to the hotel is a very odd indoor flea market of sorts located in what used to be some big box retail store.

While I'm sure this hotel can be had for well under $100 many nights of the year, it's shame what this and other hotel rooms in the area sell for on summer weekends. The room was big, had a comfortable bed, a good-size television and great WiFi; and the front desk staff was friendly and efficient enough, but under no circumstance was the room worth almost $200/night. While I realize that the market was dictating it, it's not like it was located with an ocean view, along a boardwalk or in some great downtown location where once could walk to fun places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night on business. Room and bathroom were clean and quiet! I was disappointed there was not fitness room in the hotel but all in all it was a nice stay. The provided breakfast was delish and the bed was very comfortable!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just what you would expect from a Mariott property-cleaninside and out - bedding excellent-pet friendly - close to Presque Isle and other attrations like Waldamer Park and shopping - breakfast was plentiful - beverages were always available to you day and night - pool clean and inviting

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to say such nice things about our hotel. It's so nice to hear such positive feedback. I hope you enjoyed yourself in Erie at our many great attractions around the area. I hope you stay with us again sometime soon.
Port Dover
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

It was a very nice surprise after a long RIDE on our motorcycles from Jarvis, Ontario. Hotel is clean, well kept and pool is clean and refreshing. We arrived a bit late and they were waiting for us.
Too bad they filled in the hot tub though.
Continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fairfield Inn Erie? Share your experiences!