“Mmmmmmmm Sushi!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Mmmmmmmm Sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here tonight to celebrate our anniversary dinner. We were greeted at the door and shown right to our table. Our waitress was very familiar with the menu and was able to make knowledgeable recommendations. We had the strawberry cilantro Daiquiri and the cucumber jalapeño margarita, both of which were different from any drink we've ever had, but both were very delicious. Our meals were fantastic, but our Sushi appetizers were the highlight of our dining experience. Wonderfully fresh and beautifully presented, it was definitely the best sushi we've ever tasted. If you love sushi, don't miss this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Erie, Pennsylvania
“The Chef's table - WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I and another couple had the pleasure of dining at the Chef's table. What a delight. Chef Dan answered all questions and had us sample Kobe Beef. Wow!
The kitchen staff has it all together.
The food we all had was excellent. The noodles I had with chicken wing and prawns was full of flavor and different tastes. My husband had the duck and enjoyed it tremendously. Our guests had the double pork chop and salmon. They never knew the Chef's dining area existed and would definitely go back. 1201 Kitchen is truly fine dining.

• Visited May 2013
Erie, PA
“The best food in Erie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

As an Erie native, and someone who has had the opportunity to eat at many restaurants all over the country (as well as England), I can honestly say that 1201 ranks with some of the best restaurants at which I have had the pleasure to visit. The last time I was there, I ordered their roasted pork belly. The incredibly succulent pork was served on top of two black bean burritos that were swimming in an incredible sauce. A fried egg was placed on top of the pork, and a side of garlic infused spinach sprinkled with sesame was included as well. This was all served in one bowl, and I actually closed my eyes so that I could fully enjoy this amazing dish! We decided to eat in their basement room, which adjoins the open kitchen. I introduced myself to 1201's owner/chef Dan, who is an obviously very talented young man, and enjoyed watching him plate all the orders. If you only visit Erie once in your lifetime, and want to enjoy the best food in town, simply make a reservation at 1201. I promise you won't regret it!

erie
“You dont want to miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We frequent 1201 monthly and have Never had a less than Excellent experience. From JB meeting and Greeting at the door to great wait staff to Chef Dan-all just outstanding!! The food is not large portions as Fine Dining is known for but the taste makes it well worth it and it is def enough food!. This is a one of a kind in Erie for sure! Their fish is outstanding!!

Ithaca, New York, United States
“Tastes good but tiny portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Ate here while traveling through Erie. Has the advantage of being open on Mondays which the first place I tried was not. However, I am glad I wasn't starving and that someone else was.paying because their idea of "fusion" is to combine Asian-inspired dishes with French haute-cuisine portion sizes and pricing. The food tasted fine and looked pretty, though.

The host who seated me seemed almost grumpy about having a custpmer to deal with. Also, the waitress seemed a bit clueless about their tiny, bottles-only beer selection. She didn't even know about the local microbrew (Erie railbender, which was one of the best things I had) without a consult. But she was very friendly so I'll assume she was just new?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere