“EL Capitan visits Erie PA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 35 hotels in Erie
Niagara Falls Ontario Canada
“EL Capitan visits Erie PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

EL Capitan visited the Quality Inn and Suites for a few days on June 18th and I have to say I was impressed with this hotel / motel. The staff is second to none - Stevie at the front desk took care of us like he was related. We requested rooms by the pool - we got rooms by the pool. Shawn (is my spelling correct - my apologies if wrong) also was there to take care of whatever we needed. The establishment has been there a long time - but the owners are working on spiffing it up and constantly working on the rooms to update them. Having said that - the rooms were spotless, the beds very comfortable and overall not a bad thing to report. The heated pool was spotless with - man once again I apologize if wrong - Bill out there every morning cleaning the pool. We spoke with Lamaar - a great guy and his attitude was whatever you need just call me and I can get it done. These two guys were there every day keeping the place looking tip top - great job. There is a restaurant on the premises that opens at 5 PM - serving all kinds of food and drink. In the morning, the breakfast buffet (included with the price of the room) was fantastic with everything you could imagine - eggs, sausage, home fries, yogurt, danish, waffles, fruit - whatever you wanted. All in all this was a great place to stay one exit from Peach St and almost across the street from the racetrack and casino (there is a shuttle if you like) - I would recommend the Quality Inn and Suites to anyone traveling to Erie for a few days of shopping and R&R.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs or a walk to your room - choose a room on the bottom floor on the outsi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review and your wonderful compliments! See you again soon!

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
West Seneca, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

As people stated in other reviews the lobby was beautiful. However, I told the staff I had knee surgery and they still gave us a room on the second floor. Dated room, bathroom had the ceiling falling apart, carpet was disgusting, and there was grass in my bed (that I didn't put there), dirt on my daughter's pillow cases and it definitely had the feel of a poorly maintained hotel. If we weren't so tired we would have left. The room next to us had loud, drunk people fighting and making noise. After contacting the front desk and quite a wait they came to the room. As the staff member was walking away the people turned their volume on the TV to full blast. No we didn't get much sleep. The breakfast was OK and I appreciated some warm food in the morning but hand railings on the stairs were disgusting and sticky. The walkway to the rooms were soaked as the A/C units run water right onto them. It was annoying to think I had to hike through this with a bad knee. Never again!

Room Tip: Opt for breakfast at a local restaurant and stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for your review. You are correct, unfortunately we do not have an elevator to get to our second floor rooms. Due to high demand in the summer our first floor rooms get taken first because of the pool, volleyball net etc. We do our best to fulfill every guest's requests. Please contact us to let us know which room you stayed in with the issues you brought up. Our apologies for the guests next to you causing all that noise. Please consider us again in the future.

Estero, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Opted NOT to stay here May 30, 2013, advertised as pet friendly, I announced a pet and was given a "pet room"".........2nd floor, no elevator, end room overlooking I90 and it STANK!......left and had an EXCELLENT experience at a Day's Inn close by.........at Days INN excellent breakfast and good room amenities...........stay here and FORGET the Quality INN which is badly worn and in need of a teardown...........front end personnel were very professional and courteous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We checked our few pet rooms out to see if there was an odor issue and found nothing. We are not sure which room you stayed in? If you wouldn't mind, please contact us so we can get more information.

Thanks again,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Stay else where . We were in area for lecom graduation. So we changed our reservation to stay there because my wife wanted a pool .The lobby and pool were the only good aspects. Don't judge this motel by its lobby the rooms have been ruffed up , do to it being the fun hotel as the front desk person put it when we checked in room we stayed is in need of major repairs 116 . During the days we were busy with graduation stuff. After 2 nights I finally had time to complain about the rooms being over priced, and having a bad valve on the spicket that ingaged the shower so there was water coming out the bottom and the top so your feet could get a shower too I guess jk. carpet had burn markets and rips as well as the picture tube on the 10 year old t.v. was going bad and had purple on one side. Plus it looked like some one had tried to break in the door . And to top it all off the maid left her universal key to all the rooms in our room which we turned in upon check out. So I complained on Sunday when I had time to the girl at the front desk, that I felt I was being over charged and needed to speak with the manager. One was not available on Sunday evening and she assured me that my bill would be adjusted upon check out Monday mourning. So I talked to the manager Tony who was no more than a front desk persin as well.Monday mourning and told him I talked to the girl the evening before and told him what she told me. He was unable to adjust my bill and said he would have to go through a process and investigation as to speak with the GM and they would CALL ME THE FOLLOWING DAY Tuesday, which they would not do. So I told him I would like to get this taken care of in person, not by email or over the phone and I would leave this review if they did not follow up with me. So they have not called and that room was crap for the price. PLEASE look a pictures of this dated ragged out room. Service at bar is just as bad as well.could write another rant about it also , I will just say 40 mins for pretzel basket with dip which I never saw and we left and told them to take it off bill, which they did. Sit by register if you want the servers to serve u. They had a very hard time waiting on tables when there were more than 5 people in there. Stay else where if you want quality.

• Stayed June 2013
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We would like anybody who reads this review to know that room 116 was scheduled to be remodeled this past monday, and today is a brand new room. We have only 2 more rooms left to be remodeled (being done this monday) and the entire inside of everything at the hotel will be completed.
These pictures are now irrelevant.
We are curious why this guest would threaten the front desk staff that unless we comp their entire stay they will "bash us on trip advisor"? If you have an issue in the future wherever you may stay please inform the hotel staff so they can fix the issues you are facing while you are staying. You did tell our front desk you work in hotels and "know how this works" (receiving comp room nights) correct? Thank you for returning the housekeepers keys, but throwing them at our front desk clerk wasn't appreciated.
We would have been more than happy to switch rooms for you during your stay. Strange this guest extended their stay another night considering the hotel is "Anything but quality".

Washington, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Once again, we thoroughly enjoyed our 7-day stay here. Tony is a great manager and the maid staff are exemplary! We found a great little golf course (Orchard Ponds) only a few miles from the hotel and loved it! Shopping on Peach Street made my wife's day...several times! We're Looking forward to seeing you all again in September!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Great review and thank you! We are happy you enjoyed your extended stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again in September!

Thanks again,

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We booked this hotel through priceline.com and really got a steal, when looking what the hotel charges online, we paid about 60% off their list price. Given that, perhaps we were not expecting much,but what we found was fantastic. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. The lobby is warm, inviting and clean where there were two front desk agents. I've been in hotels where there's no one at all, so finding two friendly agents able to check me in right away is fantastic. The Hotel is old, and the outside is of old architecture, but the rooms are wonderful. The BEDS have amazing pillows and amazing mattresses that you would find in a 5 star hotel, just the comforters were a little thin.

The bathroom is clean and the shower head gives good pressure, and basic toiletries are provided.

The WIFI if FREE (And I've had to pay big bucks at some hotels) and coverage AND speed are good.

The restaurant is open until 11, and for Canadian standards is quite cheap. I am sure for American standards it may be a bit pricy. They also have pool tables for $1.00, Foosball table, darts etc.

There was an outdoor pool, we didn't bring bathing suits, but we did check the water temperature and it was lovely.

Top it all off they have free breakfast.

In a nutshell, their list price on their website (109-120) is a bit high, but if you can find a deal through a 3rd party, paying only $45.00 for this hotel makes it a surprising find, fantastic value, and I would definitely, definitely, definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Book through a 3rd party such as expida or priceline and you will get a fantastic rate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello,

Great review! Just as you said, the building is older, but we are constantly renovating things to improve everything. You kind of gave out the secret to booking rooms cheaply also. lol The thing with those 3rd party sites is you never know where you will be placed until after you pay for your room. We try to, especially in the slower months, expose ourselves more to these websites. They are good for exposing the work we have done here to new guests, that hopefully like yourself, will be impressed with us and become loyal fans of the hotel.

Thank you for the wonderful review.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little dated but was comfortable and clean. My only real issue was the price. I am familiar with the area and the prices and for what I got I was a little disappointed. The breakfast was great and the staff did their jobs well. But there are other better priced hotels with higher quality rooms and amenities. I would stay again during the off season. But summer season prices are quite high.

• Stayed August 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your thoughts on our hotel. Very happy to hear that the hotel was comfortable, clean, and that you liked our breakfast and staff. Unfortunately, when we get into the summer months our rates are generated based off of supply and demand/competitor's rates. Everyday the rates are analyzed and adjusted accordingly.
If you stay here often, we can look at your history and see what we can do for you in the future.
Contact Tony or myself.

Thanks,

Ryan

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!