“Save Your Money!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Estero, Florida
“Save Your Money!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Opted NOT to stay here May 30, 2013, advertised as pet friendly, I announced a pet and was given a "pet room"".........2nd floor, no elevator, end room overlooking I90 and it STANK!......left and had an EXCELLENT experience at a Day's Inn close by.........at Days INN excellent breakfast and good room amenities...........stay here and FORGET the Quality INN which is badly worn and in need of a teardown...........front end personnel were very professional and courteous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We checked our few pet rooms out to see if there was an odor issue and found nothing. We are not sure which room you stayed in? If you wouldn't mind, please contact us so we can get more information.

Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Stay else where . We were in area for lecom graduation. So we changed our reservation to stay there because my wife wanted a pool .The lobby and pool were the only good aspects. Don't judge this motel by its lobby the rooms have been ruffed up , do to it being the fun hotel as the front desk person put it when we checked in room we stayed is in need of major repairs 116 . During the days we were busy with graduation stuff. After 2 nights I finally had time to complain about the rooms being over priced, and having a bad valve on the spicket that ingaged the shower so there was water coming out the bottom and the top so your feet could get a shower too I guess jk. carpet had burn markets and rips as well as the picture tube on the 10 year old t.v. was going bad and had purple on one side. Plus it looked like some one had tried to break in the door . And to top it all off the maid left her universal key to all the rooms in our room which we turned in upon check out. So I complained on Sunday when I had time to the girl at the front desk, that I felt I was being over charged and needed to speak with the manager. One was not available on Sunday evening and she assured me that my bill would be adjusted upon check out Monday mourning. So I talked to the manager Tony who was no more than a front desk persin as well.Monday mourning and told him I talked to the girl the evening before and told him what she told me. He was unable to adjust my bill and said he would have to go through a process and investigation as to speak with the GM and they would CALL ME THE FOLLOWING DAY Tuesday, which they would not do. So I told him I would like to get this taken care of in person, not by email or over the phone and I would leave this review if they did not follow up with me. So they have not called and that room was crap for the price. PLEASE look a pictures of this dated ragged out room. Service at bar is just as bad as well.could write another rant about it also , I will just say 40 mins for pretzel basket with dip which I never saw and we left and told them to take it off bill, which they did. Sit by register if you want the servers to serve u. They had a very hard time waiting on tables when there were more than 5 people in there. Stay else where if you want quality.

• Stayed June 2013
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We would like anybody who reads this review to know that room 116 was scheduled to be remodeled this past monday, and today is a brand new room. We have only 2 more rooms left to be remodeled (being done this monday) and the entire inside of everything at the hotel will be completed.
These pictures are now irrelevant.
We are curious why this guest would threaten the front desk staff that unless we comp their entire stay they will "bash us on trip advisor"? If you have an issue in the future wherever you may stay please inform the hotel staff so they can fix the issues you are facing while you are staying. You did tell our front desk you work in hotels and "know how this works" (receiving comp room nights) correct? Thank you for returning the housekeepers keys, but throwing them at our front desk clerk wasn't appreciated.
We would have been more than happy to switch rooms for you during your stay. Strange this guest extended their stay another night considering the hotel is "Anything but quality".

Washington, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Once again, we thoroughly enjoyed our 7-day stay here. Tony is a great manager and the maid staff are exemplary! We found a great little golf course (Orchard Ponds) only a few miles from the hotel and loved it! Shopping on Peach Street made my wife's day...several times! We're Looking forward to seeing you all again in September!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Great review and thank you! We are happy you enjoyed your extended stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again in September!

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We booked this hotel through priceline.com and really got a steal, when looking what the hotel charges online, we paid about 60% off their list price. Given that, perhaps we were not expecting much,but what we found was fantastic. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. The lobby is warm, inviting and clean where there were two front desk agents. I've been in hotels where there's no one at all, so finding two friendly agents able to check me in right away is fantastic. The Hotel is old, and the outside is of old architecture, but the rooms are wonderful. The BEDS have amazing pillows and amazing mattresses that you would find in a 5 star hotel, just the comforters were a little thin.

The bathroom is clean and the shower head gives good pressure, and basic toiletries are provided.

The WIFI if FREE (And I've had to pay big bucks at some hotels) and coverage AND speed are good.

The restaurant is open until 11, and for Canadian standards is quite cheap. I am sure for American standards it may be a bit pricy. They also have pool tables for $1.00, Foosball table, darts etc.

There was an outdoor pool, we didn't bring bathing suits, but we did check the water temperature and it was lovely.

Top it all off they have free breakfast.

In a nutshell, their list price on their website (109-120) is a bit high, but if you can find a deal through a 3rd party, paying only $45.00 for this hotel makes it a surprising find, fantastic value, and I would definitely, definitely, definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Book through a 3rd party such as expida or priceline and you will get a fantastic rate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello,

Great review! Just as you said, the building is older, but we are constantly renovating things to improve everything. You kind of gave out the secret to booking rooms cheaply also. lol The thing with those 3rd party sites is you never know where you will be placed until after you pay for your room. We try to, especially in the slower months, expose ourselves more to these websites. They are good for exposing the work we have done here to new guests, that hopefully like yourself, will be impressed with us and become loyal fans of the hotel.

Thank you for the wonderful review.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little dated but was comfortable and clean. My only real issue was the price. I am familiar with the area and the prices and for what I got I was a little disappointed. The breakfast was great and the staff did their jobs well. But there are other better priced hotels with higher quality rooms and amenities. I would stay again during the off season. But summer season prices are quite high.

• Stayed August 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear your thoughts on our hotel. Very happy to hear that the hotel was comfortable, clean, and that you liked our breakfast and staff. Unfortunately, when we get into the summer months our rates are generated based off of supply and demand/competitor's rates. Everyday the rates are analyzed and adjusted accordingly.
If you stay here often, we can look at your history and see what we can do for you in the future.
Contact Tony or myself.

Thanks,

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hotel is pretty run down. Lobby is beautiful, the rest of the property looks as though it has had no maintenance for about 10 years. Property is right next to the highway and very noisy. Bathroom was very small, hard for average person to fit between door and toilet. Paint was bubbled on ceiling in bathroom. Peeling paint on ceiling of walkways outside. Lots of broken stucco outside. Whole building needs an overhaul. They offer a free breakfast, which we were told was a "full buffet". We got there a half hour after it started. There was an empty container with remnants of scrambled eggs, which was not refilled as long as we were there. I did have a stale danish and cold biscuit and gravy, which was good after I warmed it up in the microwave. They did have it in a covered dish, but the heat under it must not have been working. It is close to the casino and the have a shuttle. It does not run at any regular schedule, and we just drove to avoid any hassel. If you travel 2 miles west to the Peach St. exit, there are several hotels that do not look run down. Looks to be a nicer area of Erie, more restaurants and a Wal-Mart.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, our hotel takes a beating in the winter months and we spend the spring months getting it back in shape. I am also sorry to hear that our complimentary breakfast was not up to par. I really don't know how it could be that bad at 6:30am. We prepare everything fresh everyday, and usually have very few guests in the breakfast bar that early.
We will look into your concerns.

Paris, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We go to Erie several times a year for the past 10 years. The hotel has made many upgrades over the years. Great place to stay, front end staff is very thorough and customer service oriented. The housekeeping is exceptional and are willing to please.We will be visiting again in about 3 weeks and this will be our first choice. Good job!

Room Tip: if you are travelling in the summer, interior room right by the pool- NICE
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for review! We are glad you enjoy staying with us when you visit erie, and are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks,

Ryan

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!