“A mistake to stay here!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bayfront Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Erie
Bayfront Inn
You added Bayfront Inn to your Saves list
2540 W 8th St, Erie, PA 16505   |
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A mistake to stay here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room rate was pretty cheap, that is your first clue.

Upon opening the room a smell that seems like it is chemical in nature in an attempt to cover something else up. Towels smelled clean but upon further inspection were stained with God knows what. Looked inside the coffee pot to find some coffee still inside it and a nice colorful biological sample of mold floating on top.

Upon request the towels were replaced with towels that were also stained. The coffee pot was "cleaned" by dumping the coffee out in the parking lot and rinsing it with water in the sink. The staff did not try to even hide their lack of effort in cleaning.

The "clean pool" also had things seemingly growing in it and was probably only half full.

The free WiFi surprisingly worked but only for 1 hour at a time. Literally every hour on the hour it will shut off.

The only nice thing is the quick access to Presque Isle and downtown Erie.

I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me 10 times what they charge. Would rather sleep in my car or anywhere else for that matter. Don't book here unless you want to punish yourself and waist your hard earned money!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here, don't even book here! Waist of money!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Here is a list of items out room did not come with:

Phone,
remote,
hangers,
closet pole to hang clothes,
ice bucket,
cups,
coffee pot
wall decorations.
Hair dryer
Ironing board

The room looks like it was recently remodeled. The loose fitting sink would attest to that. The mattress was less than 5 inches thick and was foam. It was a foldaway couch mattress. The floors were dirty. And there was dirt on the bathroom floor and trash in the closet. And the towels were stained. The staff acted like we were an inconvenience the entire time. This was the worst experience ever.

• Stayed August 2014
Monongahela, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The room was so smelly. The sheets and towels were dirty. I had my do not disturb sign out on door and the housekeeper still came into our room. I will never stay at this motel again. The worst one I have ever seen.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was the absolute worst experience. Better business bureau and health department should shut this place down. Service was horrible. The manager understood NOTHING we were saying but had plenty to say. Apparently large maintenance ladders are safe to have in the pool area as well as the pool vacuum in the pool while patrons are swimming. We were told "it's safe, it won't electrocute you." No it won't but the long cord is not safe because it will catch on you and drown you. We took pictures of the filth. The beds are covered in plastic, then have a pad with imbedded hair covered then by two or three sheets with burn holes and apparent stains in them. The cleaning lady claims she takes a long time cleaning each room. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Not recommended at all! Spend the extra money and stay at a nice place. You will be glad you did. The nicest part of this experience was the burnout we left in the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2013
Millersburg, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I chose this hotel because every other decent hotel in town was booked for the dates we needed. I found their website and it looked like an acceptable hotel with all the conveniences you'd expect from a good hotel. However, I found that online hotel shopping, much like online dating, can result in real world disappointments. We walked into our room, and reality struck with a vengeance. The room was not only stripped of everything besides a 1980's TV, bed, and phone, but it was dumpy and absolutely filthy. There were cobwebs and grime on the walls and doors, dirt and dead bugs on the floor, stains on the carpet, and pubic hair in the bed sheets. But none of those things would have motivated me to write a negative review, were it not for the service... or lack thereof.
I walked up to the front desk and tried as politely as possible to tell him (the owner/manager) our room was dirty. The friendly demeanor he'd assumed at check-in vanished instantly, and he told me to show him the room. Which I did, but he obviusly had no intention of seeing whether the room was actually clean or not. Instead of offering to give us a refund or clean bedding, he simply stood in our filthy room and proclaimed it was clean. I'm not sure what sort of magical effect that was supposed to have on the room, but it didn't work. He also informed us that if we chose to leave, there was no refund, and he could move us to another room, if we payed the difference. Refund or no refund, we chose to leave instead of spending the night there. At checkout I asked for even a partial refund, which he not only refused, but also accused me of lying about the dirty room. We paid $89.99 plus tax but we decided to leave the room and our money behind instead of snuggling up to someone else's curly hairs. No, we weren't lying. Room #137 will go down in history as the worst hotel room I've ever had.
If you find yourself in need of sleeping accomadations in Erie, with every hotel booked, I recommend sleeping in your car. If you don't have a car, try a park bench. At least a park bench is washed every time it rains.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Varysburg, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were traveling with a group and had planned our trip well in advance (5 months). When we arrived at the motel I was told that my reservation had been cancelled. I said I did not cancel the room and was told that the computer does not lie, people do. So much for customer service. The only rooms available were a jacuzzi suite ($40 more per night) or a room with double beds which my husband can't do as he is too tall. One of the people in our group switched their room so we could have a king size bed which was our original reservation. Also we were all quoted the same rate, yet when one of our group checked out, his room charge was $20 more than the rest of us. He was told that he was given the rate for the day he called to make the reservation because the rates change daily. The management would not budge. When another person in our group complained that the AC was not working in his room on a 90+ degree day, he was told they would see what they could do to find another room and if that didn't work, oh well. When our friend said I am not paying full price for a room with no AC he was told, "Then you can leave." It is the most mis-managed motel we have ever stayed at and we travel frequently. The management did nothing to accommodate us and we had booked 6 rooms. Apparently our business didn't matter to them at all. Needless to say none of us would ever make a reservation there again.

Room Tip: There is no tip. Just don't go there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been going there for years. Prices have soared in past year. Not too clean but adequate. But the staff is RUDE and accusatory. Insinuated that a friend stole the towels when room was reassigned because the lights did not work. Big sign in room warning guests about taking their property. They threatened tto charge for the towels for which the maid did not leave. Staff is all family run. They are not very friendly. They walked away when we tried to discuss the matter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bayfront Inn? Share your experiences!