“Dirty and smelled weird.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bayfront Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Erie
Bayfront Inn
2540 W 8th St, Erie, PA 16505   |
Ranked #33 of 35 hotels in Erie
Clarion, Pennsylvania
“Dirty and smelled weird.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel room seemed nice, but as soon as I walked in it had a weird smell and tried to turn on the lights they wouldnt come on. Went to plug the lights and the clock in and there was no outlet near them. Me and my friend went back to Waldameer while my mom stayed there. When we returned my mom told us that above the one light there were cobwebs and the stand between the beds were dirty. I looked at the floor and found a small potato chip on the floor and the floor between the beds and the stand was dirty. My mom said that on the website it said free internet but when i went to the check in/out desk and asked about it the man said there was a $5 fee per devise. They barely had any thing to eat for breakfast. The man at the check in desk talked really quite and could barely understand him. The only thing good about this inn was it was not far away from Waldameer. I would not recommend this inn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I wish I had read the reviews. I couldn't even get a room that I had reserved (turned out to be a blessing). A young lady who spoke very little English said the owners were in Cleveland. She couldn't process my reservation or give me a room, so I left. And they charged me!!
And now of course I can't talk to anyone at the 'Inn' about it because the owner isn't available.
I have emailed and called twice. STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Never again in spite of location! The bathroom was dirty, hair on dirty tub, toilet dirty, coffee pot not cleaned, microwave didn't work,salt water pool, strong lysol smell etc. My grandchildren are only 9 and 5 and they noticed how dirty it was. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Dirty rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Wish I had looked at the reviews before I stayed!
Booked in for $85 +tax Room is dirty and stunk. At least the bed looks ok...
Lady at the desk told us there was no internet that she knoew of, but it advertised HSI on their road sign and in their brochure... turned out there was internet so after asking again she found out the network code... TV was stuffed but after a few good hits the picture came right... once again we went back to the front desk to ask if there was ony soap etc that should be in the room, she went into a room next to ours and took it out of there... Oh well lets hope it doesn't get any worse... lesson... nexttime check the reviews!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is the email I sent to the owners plus some of my thoughts for the traveler looking to book a place to stay.
When I booked two rooms on December 2, 2010 I based my decision to choose your hotel based upon the photos on your website and the fact that your facility had a pool. My group was not pleased to arrive to see the pool down for service and being sandblasted. I really wish I would have been contacted about this. I feel this was misleading. Also, the breakfast on premises was quite sparse... 2 bagels, 4 apples, no coffee made.
I will say that the beds were well maintained as well as the bathrooms.
I just wanted to let you know the positives and negatives of our stay. I feel I should have been offered a discounted due to the lack of swimming facility onsite but this was not able to be done.
The rooms also had a funky smell and we Febreezed them ourselves. Oh yeah, The ice machine states that each room is permitted one bucket of ice. I guess this means per day but we had coolers and figured they owed us the courtesy of getting more than bucket per day since there was no pool and the breakfast was so sparse. They didn't even have tea bags.
Do yourself a favor and drive on by.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

We went to the lake to enjoy Labor Day and stayed for the 4th and 5th of Sept. The usual owners, who also manage and work the entire place, were not there upon check in they had a nice young couple covering for them who did not know how to use the computer system for billing. Instead of the owner being apologetic that we were over charged he informed me I could argue all I want he would not look into the bill because my statement had not been at month end for the credit card I had used!! Very rude, ignorant and dirty place all around!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Woodstock, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I took my son here for the FLW fishing tournament, I didn't know the area so I tried to get a hotel as close to the marina as possible since tournament check in is at 5:30 am, the only thing and I mean ONLY good thing about this place is the location! We are 2 miles from Presque Isle Bay State Park. As I sit here I am looking at a piece of gum on the wall, a cheerio and filth behind the night stand, mold on the ice bucket lid etc... I'm going to search the area for another room now because I am physically getting sick looking around here!
If I came here earlier yesterday I would never had stayed but we drove 6 1/2 hrs. and were exhausted, now that it's becoming daylight I'm seriously grossing out!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Bayfront Inn? Share your experiences!