“Dirty and smelled weird.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bayfront Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Erie
Bayfront Inn
Save Saved
You added Bayfront Inn to your Saves list
2540 W 8th St, Erie, PA 16505   |
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Clarion, Pennsylvania
“Dirty and smelled weird.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel room seemed nice, but as soon as I walked in it had a weird smell and tried to turn on the lights they wouldnt come on. Went to plug the lights and the clock in and there was no outlet near them. Me and my friend went back to Waldameer while my mom stayed there. When we returned my mom told us that above the one light there were cobwebs and the stand between the beds were dirty. I looked at the floor and found a small potato chip on the floor and the floor between the beds and the stand was dirty. My mom said that on the website it said free internet but when i went to the check in/out desk and asked about it the man said there was a $5 fee per devise. They barely had any thing to eat for breakfast. The man at the check in desk talked really quite and could barely understand him. The only thing good about this inn was it was not far away from Waldameer. I would not recommend this inn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Never again in spite of location! The bathroom was dirty, hair on dirty tub, toilet dirty, coffee pot not cleaned, microwave didn't work,salt water pool, strong lysol smell etc. My grandchildren are only 9 and 5 and they noticed how dirty it was. Don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

We went to the lake to enjoy Labor Day and stayed for the 4th and 5th of Sept. The usual owners, who also manage and work the entire place, were not there upon check in they had a nice young couple covering for them who did not know how to use the computer system for billing. Instead of the owner being apologetic that we were over charged he informed me I could argue all I want he would not look into the bill because my statement had not been at month end for the credit card I had used!! Very rude, ignorant and dirty place all around!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Woodstock, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

I took my son here for the FLW fishing tournament, I didn't know the area so I tried to get a hotel as close to the marina as possible since tournament check in is at 5:30 am, the only thing and I mean ONLY good thing about this place is the location! We are 2 miles from Presque Isle Bay State Park. As I sit here I am looking at a piece of gum on the wall, a cheerio and filth behind the night stand, mold on the ice bucket lid etc... I'm going to search the area for another room now because I am physically getting sick looking around here!
If I came here earlier yesterday I would never had stayed but we drove 6 1/2 hrs. and were exhausted, now that it's becoming daylight I'm seriously grossing out!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

The photos are nice but the motel is terrible. Lobby was old looking and dirty.
We were in the last room way in the back. Large room but the floors were wooden and you could hear the people below talking very loud, tv going all night long and the doors banging shut. The bathroom was large enough but not handicap friendly at all. I had to stand on a towel to keep from sliding in the tub. The bathroom sink was clogged very slow going down, the bathroom floor was pieced together with tile. The ceiling looked like someone took a roller on a stick and just went over it with ceiling tectured paint and didn't stop even the light cover was covered with the texture paint. A NOTICE was glued into the wallpaper about everything being counted for and you would be charged for anything taken. I asked for a hairdryer according to the post ing on the website hairdryers were available in rooms but I had to ask and was told there could be a charge at the end but there wasn't when I returned it.
There was some breakfast but I was not going to eat anything there, the banana's were brown, there was very few rolls and no coffee left in the pots.
I will never stay at that place again and if you are smart don 't stay there either. For $200.00 for 2 nights I could have stayed someplace nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

We stayed here on a Saturday night this summer because the motel we usually stay at in Erie was booked. I'm kind of glad it was, because we really liked the Bayfront Inn, maybe even better! We had a non-smoking king room, and the bed was comfortable; we slept like babies. It was a nice size room, with a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The bathroom was updated which we really liked. The motel itself had pretty landscaping and a really nice pool. The location is great because it is right next to (within walking distance) The Colony shopping complex with many cute stores, a small grocery, and a restaurant. It was more than reasonable - $99 including tax and I easily made my reservations on line. We're looking forward to going back to the Bayfront Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My friend and I stayed at this hotel on Friday, August 6th for 1 night. We came to the area to visit Waldameer Amusement park, after staying the previous night just north of Pittsburgh, from a day at Kennywood park. We did not have reservations, and found this hotel via Waldameer's website. We contacted the hotel on Friday morning,and was told they have a room with 2 double beds, non-smoking for $100.00 / night plus tax. (note - checked the price on the hotels website for this coming Friday, and the rate is 79.99 to 89.99 - so, we were over charged 10.00 a night when booking on the phone). Anyhow, back to the review. We 'checked in' at the front desk around 10:30 am. Was given the room key, and told however, the room is not ready yet, and will be ready around 2pm. So, we decided to head out from the office for our day at Waldameer park. After a day at the park, and a late dinner, we arrived back to the hotel around 11:30pm. Went into the room, and, lets just say, the room was in an 'ok' shape. Nothing to brag about, - a little dingy, and drab. Closed the door, and the back (inside) of the door looked like it hadn't been cleaned in over a month. Dirty from general dirt and grime. The paint on the walls looked like it had seen better days too, and the carpet also showed its sign of age. This hotel hasn't been updated in a very long time, by the looks of the room. In my estimation, not worth the $100 per night we were charged. Well, we got some sleep. Woke up the next morning, and went to take a shower. Well, the 'inside' of the bathroom door again, looked like it hasn't been cleaned in over a month. Dirty and filthy. There were hairs on the bathroom floor, hairs on the walls, and general grime in the sink. The mirror had also seen its better day. Moving on to the shower / tub. There was hairs on the shower walls, and grime, and mildew stains on the shower walls. Again, very poor job of cleaning. I showered, came out, got dressed. My friend then took a turn in the shower. I then tried to check my email using the hotels wireless connection, however, I needed a password to connect, and there was no instruction card anywhere to be found. I tried to call the front desk to ask how to connect, but, guess what, the phone in the room didn't work. I picked up the phone, and it was dead. Tried to dial the front desk as instructed on the phone, and nothing - dead. About 15 minutes later, a knock on the door, and a guy said, someone was trying to call the front desk from this room, and kept hanging up. I informed him, I had tried to call, however, the phone was dead. He said I needed to plug the phone in. hmmm - If I had needed to 'plug the phone in' to get it to work, how did he know I was calling? So, it must have been 'plugged in' to work, but, not working correctly. Oddly enough, when checking the drawer where the phone sits on, there was a 'booklet' of info about this hotel - from 2009. This hotel used to be a Roadway Inn by Choice Hotels. It also listed area information, and hours and prices for Waldameer park - from 2009. This is 2010 - August of 2010, and they still have information from 2009 - and the hotel isn't even a choice hotel anymore!

We then proceeded to the office to check out. We then informed the girl at the desk of our 'problems' with the room, and asked what she could do. She said, basically, there is nothing she can do. I informed her, well, this room is not worth the $100 per night price they were charging, and requested a discount due to the filth of the room. Again, she said, there was nothing she could do. I then asked to see the manager. Our she went, and in came the guy who showed up at our door asking who was calling the front desk. So, we explained to him our situation, and he said, sorry, there is nothing he can do. Again, I said what a filth the room was, and he said, we should have contacted the desk last night. I reminded him, even if we would have tried to contact the front desk last night, the phone didn't work, His answer, well, I told you you had to 'plug it in to get it to work'. Again, we told him, things should be in working order when a guest checks into the room. Again, he didn't care, and said, there is nothing he could do. I asked to speak to his supervisor, and he said, he is the owner. I asked for a discount or a refund, and was told 'no, there is nothing he can do'. I then informed him he has no clue on how to run a hotel, and also informed him that I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau when I get home (which I have done).

I have since found out that this hotel did used to be a Roadway Inn, and that Choice Hotels dropped them from their chain. Hmmm - I wounder why - unclean filthy rooms, managers / owners who have a poor attitude in dealing with customers - no wonder why choice hotels dropped them.

So, bottom line, if you want to be treated like dirt, and stay in an over priced dump, then this hotel is for you, if not,
AVOID THIS HOTEL - your money is better off spent at an EconoLodge.

Gary Moyer

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Bayfront Inn? Share your experiences!