“Gets the job done” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Cary, North Carolina
“Gets the job done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This location offers an excellent business travel experience. Friendly and fast staff, good-quality amenities, decent restaurant/bar on site, close to other food options, close to interstate.
Gym is weak (hah!) offering only 2 treadmills, some dumbbells, and a flat bench. Not sure why they bother to have a pool; this location is not one I would expect families to flock to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gary S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased to hear that you had a good expericne during your stay with us. Although we apologize that you did not find the fitness center adequate for your needs. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Erie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Turkish first
Lake Villa, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Monday the 21st of January, departing on the 22nd. While I peacefully slept, a blizzard arrived with several inches of snow, accompanied by 35-45 mile per hour winds and a temperature of 7F. Seeing my car, or the marshmallow it had become, I dreaded the frozen fingers and wet shoes that would start my day as I trudged out to clear the ice and snow from the car. To my greatest surprise, a hotel employee with a big parka, and an even bigger heart, came to my aid with a broom And completely cleared all of the snow from my car in a few minutes of bone-chilling wind chill. I am a customer for life of this hotel and won't even consider staying anywhere else in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear that you enjoed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind remarks. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Erie
Chesterland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Surprised to see that there are some negative reviews of this property. We come back to Erie frequently and have stayed overnight in many of the hotels along Route 90 and near the Peninsula. You cannot beat this place. The front desk, restaurant, and maintenance staff are all great people. Our room was spotless, fresh, modern, and vault quiet. Two weeks ago we stayed at the Courtyard which is next door and were unimpressed. I just don't think you can match the consistent quality of the Hilton Garden chain. Breakfast is fabulous.

Room Tip: Rooms which do not face the highway are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays in the past and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had gone through pro and contra reviews and thus had reserved a room for 26 December 2012. My choice for a room with 2 queen beds and that was good.The very large room was sparkling clean, the Jacuzzi was amazing with powerful jets, and plenty of towels, so relaxing. Free wired internet was the best. The bed was firm, just the way I like it, very comfortable. The breakfast was included in my package. You can get the precooked bacon, eggs, sausage, potatoes, french toast, or have the chef prepare your breakfast freshly. I got the already prepared, and it was fine. I was very pleased with my stay, and would definitely stay here again with my family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gary S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for writing a reivew and for the nice comments you made about us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again next time you are in the Erie area.
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Check in a little after 4pm and my room # was 516. I went to the bathroom after a long drive from Hagerstown, when I went to go to the bathroom I found a dirty tampon in the trash. HOW Discussing!!! So I moved to room 515 which was better. They don’t change your sheets every day unless told. My sheets had grape juice on them for three days before being change, and this is supposed to be the HILTON.HILTON STANDS FOR HIGHLY OVERRATED!!! 12/28/12. DON’T come here unless you want dirty rooms and sleep on the same dirty sheets because they won’t change them unless you ask them to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that you did not have a good experience during your stay with us. We do wish to respond, however, by acknowledging that we did address your concerns promptly duing your stay and provided compensation. Regarding the issue in your bathroom upon arrival we immediately gave you a different room. As for not changing sheets every day our executive housekeeper did explain that it is Hilton's policy to only change the sheets of stay over guests every three days so that we can be greener on our environment. We do change the sheets daily for any stay over guest who requests it and sinage in the room explains this policy. The rooms of stay over guests are cleaned differently than vacant rooms; we do not move the personal belongings of our stay over guests. We are sorry that your stay did not fulfill your expectations but we do point out that your evaluation of us is not typical of the reviews written by other guests. Our customer service evaluations give us high scores in cleanliness and service.
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently returned from a business trip that was in Erie, PA. This Hilton Garden Inn are like most Hilton Garden Inn's that I've stayed in, and that's a good thing. The hotel is conveniently off of I-90 and in proximity to several eateries.

Staff: The staff was great. They allowed me to check in early (very early) and noticed that I did not enter in my Delta SkyMiles number when I booked my room. I didn't know my number off memory, so I had to look it up on my phone, which took about 5 minutes. The lady that was waiting on me was patient and put in my Delta SkyMiles number so that I can get credit. In addition to that, the staff was friendly with their greetings and always asked how my stay has been. One night, I was coming in through the side door with a handful of items in both hands in the pouring rain. One of the employees was in the hallway and noticed that I was reaching for my card; he quickly came to the door and allowed me in. I was able to get my card out to show him that I really am a guest and appreciated that I did that.

Shower: Water was always hot and came out with plenty of pressure.

Room: The room was nice and clean with a microwave, fridge, flat screen television with HD channels, and plenty of lighting. Also, for once, there was a cat5 cable there for internet - something I much rather prefer over wireless because (I at least notice it) the cable connection seems much faster than wireless. Regardless of wired or wireless, the internet is fast and should render your surfing addiction on YouTube just fine,

Due to the amount of time I had to spend at the customer site, I was not able to take advantage of the exercise room, pool, restaurant, or bar.

My only and major complaint about the hotel is that my room did not have curtains that closed all the way. If I wasn't so tired from working, I would've thrown a major fit because my room faced Downs Dr. and all those neon signs and lights went right through the sheer. I hope someone from the hotel reads my reviews and installs curtains that can be closed all the way to darken the room. I ended up taking the hangers with clips on them and clipped the curtains together to block out most of the light. I don't know if this was something that was unique to my room or all rooms. This nuance is the only thing preventing me for giving this a rating of 5 and it's a huge nuance for me. I'm the type that needs a pretty dark room to fall asleep most of the time. If I have to go back to Erie for work, I think I'll give the Courtyard a chance if they allow guests to close the curtains all the way rather than depending on the sheer to block outside lighting. I'm a Hilton Honors member and of all the Hilton family hotels that I've stayed at, this is the only hotel that I've seen that does not allow you to close the curtain all the way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gary S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
We are glad to hear so many nice comments about the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. I am so sorry, however, to learn from your evaluation that you were not aware of the black out drapes. Every room has black out drapes that are monted behind the decorative drapes and sheer curtians. Next time you are in town give us another try and I am sure you will have a good experience and a good night's sleep.
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Recently stayed the weekend at the Hilton Garden Inn Erie. The room was immaculate, the customer service was exceptional, and the bed was very comfortable. We experienced a problem with the TV and it was corrected very quickly. The Breakfast Bar was included with the room, and was well-stocked with scrambled eggs, sausage, and home fries. They featured make-your-own waffles, fresh bagels, and a variety of breakfast breads and rolls. We stayed in a two-person jacuzzi room which proved to be a great way to end the day. The hotel is located along I90 and was convenient to downtown Erie, local fishing sites, and the Lake Erie wineries. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again next time you are in Erie.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Erie? Share your experiences!