“STAY AWAY!” 1 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2950 W Lake Rd, Erie, PA 16505   |
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Erie
“STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Do not be fooled by the outside. Came a day early so decided to stay here for one night. Worst idea ever! Holes in the walls. Stairs to rooms falling apart. No covers to lights. The smoke alarm was on top of the tv stand without a battery in it. Did not take our shoes off and walk on the carpet. Shower was moldy and the toiletries were leftovers from the people before us. Bed was like sleeping on rocks and felt disgusting. Neved again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank stewartka416

Keedysville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Don't be fooled by the pictures on the website. From the outside and the pool, El Patio, doesn't look bad, looks throw back, which has the potential to be really fun. However, the inside was another story. We were on the second floor. The bathroom window was up when we went in, with no screen. We didn't need the AC, but it was on an extension cord. Face plates to outlets were missing, burn marks in bedding and stains on the towels. We found trash under the bed - decaying food! I felt like I was in a fire trap all night.The bathroom was the cleanest part of the room.

Room Tip: Definitely ask to see the room before you decide to stay there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
4 Thank skicats

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

So we decided to go to Erie for a last minute trip. After lunch and a quick fishing trip to Presque Isle we figured maybe we should spend the night. Unfortunately most every other hotel was booked because of a beer fest in town so we ended up here. This place literally looks like only the linens have been changed since the 60's. The walls were covered with cig smoke, the carpet was pretty much the grossest thing ever, and I won't even discuss the bathroom. Half the light switches didn't work or have the plates on them. The only light we had was an old lamp falling off the wall next to the bed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bob F
Butler, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Will never go here again! A long time ago was not a bad place. This time the room was filthy, the tv blew up when we turned it on, something wrong with the electrical outlet could smell it burning, lights in bathroom did not work, toilet would not flush, and mold everywhere. Was too late to go elsewhere, so we switched rooms. Only slightly better, but had to call police in middle of night because of a 1 1/2 hour long fight in the room above ours. Sounded like a drug deal gone bad. Police said they are there 2-3 nights a week!! This place should be shut down. Definite health and safety hazard!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Tracy H
Rockford, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We ate at a really great restaurant called Joe Roots Grill in Erie, and then looked for a place to stay overnight. This one was right across the road. We looked at a room before staying. We walked by the pool on the way, and it was all covered with algae. The stairway was very dirty and things left around. We opened the sample room that he sent us to, and it had a very bad moldy odor. I would have taken pics of the room, but we couldn't stay in the room that long, because of the smell!!! NEVER go here. Plus, when I came back in to give the guy the room key, he was talking to a girl in there, who worked at the adjoining bar, and they were "F.." this and "F..." that. Not very professional at all. I would never support a place like this!!!!!!!!!! We drove on east into Falconer, New York, and stayed at the RedRoof Inn. Great place, and got it for only $62.

Room Tip: There were some parts of the motel that looked a bit newer from the outside, but still not sure if t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
5 Thank MGMMUSIC
Pittsburgh, Pa.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I am 62 years old and this is by far, THE WORST HOTEL ROOM I HAVE EVER BOOKED. I am quite a traveler and I know about hotels/motels and all I can say is SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

It was 85 degrees and there is no a/c. The place is seedy and I would NEVER bring my family to this place. This is by far the worst place in Erie to go............trust me.......nothing but a DUMP.COM.

Room Tip: don't do it you will be sorry.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank nickynono
Klamath Falls, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I have a soft spot for the old motor lodges, and we have driven by this place 1,000 times saying "Some day we should stay here"

A flight got cancelled and we found ourselves in Erie for an extra night, so we went here. I was shocked by the $69 price tag for a weeknight room, but heck, maybe it is worth it.

I opened the front door of the non-smoking room to the smell of cigar, cobwebs and the floor had not been vacuumed yet this year. The bathroom had not been cleaned from the previous victim. There is a small table that was sticky, and chairs I would not let my dog sit on.

I went to the front desk again and had to wait as the staff person was telling the another person there to bring him food. I quietly stood there and listened to this conversation when he finally turned to me and said "If you want directions, I am terrible at that." I told him my concerns about the room and it was obvious he had heard this before. He offered another room, which I declined. I had already spent 10 minutes trying to make this one better! He stammered around for awhile and I walked out. It is one night, I will tough it out for one night.

The hot water in this place is scalding hot, scalding. There is no where to put toiletries in the bathroom, unless you want to brave the back of the toilet. I had to walk back and forth from the table to the bathroom to brush teeth, do hair and makeup, etc..

There is absolutely no reason to stay here except maybe Choo-Choos, the nice little dive bar on property. It did have food, but apparently the management screwed that up enough that the lease is available.

Hotel Impossible could not salvage this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple