“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Zelienople, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband & I spent 1 night here after spending the night before with my sons family (son, his wife & 3 kids, 8, 6, & 2); at another hotel. We needed some time alone I heard that the rooms were a little small. WE LOVE THIS HOTEL The staff was wonderful, very kind & helpful The room was on the small size, but you didn't notice it because it was layed out so well The indoor pool & spa were very nice Breakfast was good (included) We had a king room & it had everything including a dishwasher Bed very comfortable Will stay here again In over 42 years of traveling I've only been disappointed in a Marriott product (hotel) 1 time 5 stars

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I am glad to hear you found some relaxation at our hotel. Thank you for staying and you are welcome anytime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Overall good and average but they can improve as the customer service was not as good as their brand image. There was a big power outage in the city, fortunately this place was not affected. Called the front desk about where can I find the open restaurant and in reply I got some rude answer. I hope they do understand that not all the visitor for this hotel comes from nearby towns. No water bottle and milk creamer and tooth brush kit. May be I am not staying a hotel frequently but the above mentioned items just vanished as their competition increased and the profit margin decreased by a little. And finally they charged my credit card account $50 more than the invoice/bill. ( still have to figure out why?)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. I apologize that you did not receive a definitive answer from our front desk staff regarding a restaurant referral when you inquired. More than likely our front desk agent at the time did not know where to send you as we were in the middle of a city-wide power outage. Approximately 30,000 residents were affected including a 10 mile radius around our hotel, how our hotel maintained power amid the crisis is beyond me. Regarding the toothbrush and coffee creamers we still do offer those complimentary to every guest. We have toothbrushes, toothpaste and a variety of other complimentary items at the front desk, all one has to do is ask and we are happy to accommodate. We also have a 24 hour complimentary coffee station stocked with flavored creamers, half-half, sugar and sweeteners, in addition to the coffee in your suites. The $50 charge you see is a temporary authorization that is held on your card for incidentals, which is standard at any hotel. That hold is released by our hotel once you check out and is typically refunded to you within 24-72 hours depending on your financial institution.
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked four rms for 3 nights for a family get-together - they put my husband and I across from the ice machine (WHY was it in the middle of the hall and not over by the elevators?) which was ok for the 1st 2 nights bc it wasn't working - ha! When someone finally fixed it (not sure if it really got fixed, or just came to life), it whirred and beeped all night and made it next to impossible to sleep. Housekeeping was not good - we checked into a room that had not been thoroughly cleaned - there was a used bar of soap and a used towel on the bathroom counter, plus a full trash can, all of which made me wonder if the sheets had been changed. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm wondering if I should have. Ewww. On the next two days, we arrived back at our room after being out all day, and the room still hadn't been made up. (Had to call twice, but it got made up at about 8 pm - luckily we had relatives that were with us, and we went and sat it their room while we waited.) On top of it, the couch was scary dirty, and the shower curtain had some kind of grease on it. To make matters worse, either the fitted sheet was the wrong size, or it was so flabby that it came undone all night long - I was literally getting tangled up in the lumps of sheet and mattress pad. On the weekends they take away the only healthy option at breakfast (eggs) and all there is to eat are bagels, toast, and sweet stuff. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Springhill Suites - it's nice and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear you had such an unusually bad stay. I wish the deficiencies you noted after you checked in were brought to your attention immediately as we would have happily accomodated you with a different room, and a member of management would have personally inspected that new room with you, to ensure your satisfaction. I am happy to say that we have ordered new fitted sheets and are in the process of eliminating those that do not fit our Marriott standard. As for why the eggs were removed for the weekend, I apologize for that inconvenience. I can only hope that you found our other healthy offerings such as our pre-made Quaker oatmeal with walnuts, raisins and cranberries, our whole wheat bagels and toast, or our selection of yogurts and fresh fruit a satisfactory replacement.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently finished an extended stay at the TownePlace Suites in Erie. It was great to be able to stay at a hotel that had a full kitchen that was nicely stocked, although the smaller suites do not have an oven (only a stove top) and microwave. The full-sized fridge is a plus too. Suites range from roomy to studio apartment sized depending on your price level. The staff is very helpful and friendly - there is even a small garden planted out back for travelers to pick fresh produce and herbs from. The hotel has a fitness room that has top of the line Precor products, although there is only one elliptical, two treadmills, and a set of free weights in it, so you may have to wait during busy times. There is a pool and whirlpool that are well kept. Most of the time other travelers are quiet, but on some weekends in the spring and early summer teams of children visit with their families and you don't want to be there during those times. Located within the Millcreek mall complex, this is a good hotel for shoppers visiting Erie. Another note, the hotel is pet friendly. One long-time neighbor had a very yappy Bichon that spoiled more than a few nights' sleep. If you don't have pets, or don't like dogs, this isn't the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for the wing facing the mall and you won't abut Route 79 - it is much quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review. I apologize for the dog barking I wish we would have known as we would have addressed it with the owner right away. We hope to see you again in the future!
Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were in Erie,Pa. for the Tall Ships event recently and stayed in this Hotel on Aug.4, 2013.
What a GREAT experience. The desk clerk Joann greeted us and was pleasant and very helpful. We did not have any reservations, but she was able to help us with a great suite.
All the staff were nice and helpful.
Our Suite was fantastic, very clean, large size bedrooms, great kitchenette, & quiet.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am happy to hear you had such a great stay, and Joanna with be ecstatic to see that you mentioned her. Please come back and see us again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here during an event - every other hotel in the area was full. What a pleasant surprise! Our room was small, but it was clean, luxorious, and had everything you could think of. The bathroom was large and nice. We had a corner room - very quiet. If I had realized that "suites" meant stove, full size fridge with freezer, dishwasher, wine bottle opener, spatulas, frying pans, pots, a sink, dish soap, plates, glasses, bowls - i would have brought groceries with me and ate in each night. The bed was so comfortable. There was a hot tub and pool which we took advantage of. There were grills in the courtyard for guests which i wish i had taken advantage of. The only negative I have is that the breakfast was a little cheap and the breakfast area was small. There wasn't nearly enough seating. The hotel is located right by the mall and is close to everything. I'd love to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate your review, thank you! The Towneplace Suites offers true to life suites which include full sized kitchens, no mini fridges here :) . I understand your frustration with the minimal seating at breakfast, typically when it gets really busy - such as holiday weekends - we open up our meeting room for additional seating, which is adjacent to our breakfast area. I am glad you found us during the Labor Da holiday and we hope you'll stay with us again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there over Labor Day weekend with my Fiance and 3yo Daughter and my Dog. Had a wonderful time. Great Service , Very Very Clean. Loved the setup of the building. Made us feel very welcome. Only complaint would have been that the bed sheets kept pulling off of the bed and that the pillows offer NO support at all. But, other than that, it was a great stay. Housekeeping staff is A+ and Sherika at the front desk went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. Will Definitely be back!!!! Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and Sherry (Sherika) will be thrilled to hear you mentioned her. I am happy to say that we have recently ordered new sheets and pillows and are in the process of discarding those that no longer meet our Marriott standard. We hope to see you and your family again!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie? Share your experiences!