“Great place, great Staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great place, great Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed over in Erie for a couple of nights and our first night was not the best as the hotel we had booked showed a hot tub but did not have it, and the pool they had was to cold. Contacted the TownePlace Suites and asked if they could help us out and they went over and above what they had to do! The Hotel was very clean, the rooms very clean and spacious and the staff could not help us enough! Next trip to Erie, we know where we are staying!!! Thanks gang for helping us out!!

Right next door to the Millcreek Mall.

Room Tip: I would pick the rooms on the side of Highway 79, as the rooms are very quiet, but your room also lo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your kind words. I am very happy to hear that we were able to help you and your family regarding our pool and hot tub. I hope you enjoyed it as we take great pride in our saline system as it definitely cuts down on the use of chlorine which is much more sensitve on the skin and eyes. We can't wait to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

From check-in to check-out the experience was upscale and amazing! The front desk was courteous and friendly and catered to me and my family's every need! I felt like we were hot shots for the weekend living the lavish life! The suite was very clean and accommodating the pool was well chemicalized and clean as well and the whirlpool spa ! The hotel made me wanna never leave and I'm coming from NYC and I can honestly say the 7.5 hrs was well worth it! Me and my family are Teamtowneplacemarriotsuites! Thanks for everything Towneplace Erie !

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your review, I'm happy to hear our staff treated you so well while you were here - we strive to treat each and every customer with the utmost respect in order to make the Towneplace Suites feel like your home away from home. Please come see us again in the future!
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for work. My favorite part of the rooms are that they are very clean, the TV has a lot of channels and the beds are very comfortable. I will also say the staff was very friendly, as well.

The staff was also knowledgeable about dinner recommendations and things to do. I will definitely return to this hotel again for a weekend trip!

Room Tip: A room facing the courtyard has a nice view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our beds and that our staff was helpful in directing you to one of our many nearby restaurants. Please come see us again sometime in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After being "walked" by a major hotel in downtown Erie and sent to the Towneplace (not knowing what to expect) I was in a pretty foul mood. That soon changed when a very nice bubbly front desk clerk named Shakira checked me in. She was extremely pleasant and hospitable. My room was very clean and modern. a huge walkin closet and a full size kitchen. I didn't choose this hotel, but if I come back to Erie, PA I would seriously consider staying here.

Room Tip: My room was a bit noisy facing Highway 79. I would avoid that side if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello, although you didn't choose our hotel we are glad you had the opportunity to stay with us. Sherika will be very happy to hear that she helped make your stay an enjoyable experience. I am sorry the highway noise was an issue, sadly its one of the downfalls to being conveniently located off of the highway. Although we aren't on Erie's bayfront we hope you enjoyed our promximity to area shopping and restaurants. We are glad you were able to stay with us and hope to see you in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for about a week. The 2 bedroom suite was perfect for our family! We had the most friendly staff (Mark, Toni, & Sherry). The breakfast was great and so were the breakfast staff members. Our kids enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and the sauna was great! It was located next to the pool, so we were able to watch the kids while we relax in the sauna! We highly recommend this hotel! Thank you for a great experience! -Henschel Family

• Stayed June 2013
We really appreciate your review, and are happy to hear that your family enjoyed our pool and sauna. We loved hosting your family and hope to see you again in the future!
Horseheads, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We loved staying here while on a family vacation. We have 2 small children so the 2 bedroom worked out great for there sleeping schedule. Everything was very tidy and modern. The indoor pool was a hit for my kids, just the right temperature! The breakfast was a typical breakfast with cereal muffins waffles, a bunch of carbs. We ended going out for breakfast in the moring, thats why I only gave 4 stars. Other than the unhealthy breakfast options I would definatly recommend this to anyone who is on a budget and wants some relaxation and fun on vacation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We appreciate your candid feedback regarding our hotel. I am sorry we didn't have more nutritious offerings for breakfast. We try to accomodate our guests with healthy options such as oatmeal and fresh fruit, but I understand it can be limited at times. Thank you so much for staying and we hope to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just minutes away from everything great location. Great Gov.rate.We used the court yard daily to let kids run around we even had a birthday party! Very clean comfy rooms, extra towels was never a problem staff always has a smile & most of all A Helping hand.Jo Ann @ the front desk is awesome we love love love her!

• Stayed June 2013
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. I am happy to hear that our patio afforded you a great space for your family to relax and unwind. Thanks for mentioning Jo Ann, our staff loves to hear that their great service is appreciated by such wonderful guests such as yourself. We can't wait to see you again in the future!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie? Share your experiences!