“Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
State College, PA
“Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had four rooms at this property due to a funeral. Three were standard rooms and one suite. Mark, with whom I made the reservations, could not have been more accommodating. He even had two sets of directions to the funeral home printed for us, prior to arrival, so that when we checked in they handed us the pages.
The staff was kind and kept asking us if there was anything else they could do.
The rooms were clean - I am quite picky. The issue we had was that the noise from the 4th floor above could be heard in our room on the 3rd floor. I would ask for 4th floor room.
Some of us were up super early, and though the breakfast area was not open yet, the staff put out fresh coffee and asked that we help ourselves to fresh fruit while we waited.
Very nice place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reenie B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you stay was here at the TownePlace Suites. Our heartfelt thoughts were with your families and friends. It is such a difficult time and we just wanted to make sure our part made things as easy as possible for you all. Thank you again for thinking of us! Mark Drummond/General Manager and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean, modern and fresh. The breakfast was delightful. No complaints from this family of four on our one night stay. Check-in was a breeze. The exercise room was small, but the treadmills were top notch. Pool was cool and refreshing. We will stay again when in Erie.

• Stayed January 2013
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the truly nice review of our hotel! Our staff really enjoy reading our reviews and feel so accomplished when they are positive. We pride ourselves on our rating with Trip Advisor and are delighted to be rated so high by you! Come see us again soon!
Beamsville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed here on the Thursday of the Black Friday weekend. My mother in law, father in law, husband and I booked a "suite" to share. Apparently, if you add a kitchen to any room it becomes a suite! The room was insanely small for 4 people, we could not pull the pull out couch out without it touching the bed. We are a close family....but not that close! We had to book a second room to accomodate my husband and myself, and the staff informed us there were no deals or sales on the rooms that we had to pay the $229 per room per night. We then went back up to our room only to see online that there was a deal for a room at the rate of $109. The staff gave us both our rooms at this price after we showed them the deal online. But why did we have to find it? The room is modern in decor, clean, and spacious for 1 or 2 guests per room. It was located in the perfect spot for us as we were doing black friday shopping and you don't even need to leave the Millcreek Mall parking lot to get back to your room. Over all it was an ok stay, not fabulous, not terrible. Next year we will book at one of the other 2 hotels located in the same area however.

Room Tip: Great rooms for 1 or 2 people, definitely not more!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for the review of the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. We sincerely appreciate your time and willingness to let potential guests and our staff how we are doing as a hotel! We do have different suite types that may have worked out as a better fit for your stay. Our 2 bedroom suites are spacious and have 2 seperate bedrooms. We have 16 of these suites in the hotel and they do book up quickly. This time of year brings out a lot of shoppers that create a demand that makes the rates a bit pricey. However, keep a watch on our Facebook or Twitter and I am sure you will see some great deals throughout the year! Thank you again for your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Clean property. Friendly crew. Stayed here many times with ZERO issues. From the free papers...free party nights and great breakfast...your going to enjoy your stay!
Dinner recommendation: walk to a number of great places.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so very much for such a nice review of the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. We are delighted when we make our guests happy and meet our goals of 100% satisfaction for our clients! Please come back to Erie soon and we look forward to hosting you as a very welcome guest!
Philadephia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at plenty of hotels over the years and I have to say that this hotel is by far the best yet! When I checked in the girl working the desk (I believe her name was Joanne) was so cheerful and helpful. She reccommened a wonderful place to eat and even gave us directions. The room was absolutley beautiful...very clean, very roomy. I travel to Erie several times a year to visit my grandchildren...I will be sure to stay at TownePlace every time I come!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
You made our day with your glowing review of our hotel! We are delighted when we succeed at our mission of hospitality. Please come back soon and enjoy the TownePlace in Erie again!
Milton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

If were to rate our stay on the staff and the room, it would have a "very good" rating. If I were to rate our stay on the way they handle issues when they arise, it would have a "poor" rating... so I chose an "average" rating.

I want to start with all the positives about our stay at this hotel because they out weight the negative although the negative in the end... ruined our stay.

First off, the check-in staff was extremely AWESOME! We checked in with our dogs and they also welcomed them with open arms.

This was the first time we stayed at any TownePlace Suites so we were pleasantly surprised to find out we had a stove, fridge, dishwasher and microwave. It put me in mind of a mini Residence Inn. The room was big and so clean! The bed was comfortable. The halls and lobby were clean. They had a section outside in the back where our canine children could go potty - all equipped with potty bags. We always travel with our own but it was nice to know they provided them in case you forgot. We were so impressed with the room and the surroundings.

Now I must share the negative feedback. I HATE that I even have to mention this. We stopped off before we checked out to explain the situation – I wanted to give them a chance to make it right and all we got was a smile and “I’m sorry”.

As I said - check in was great. The room was great. We unpacked, got cozy and went to the bathroom. When we flushed the first time all was well. A few hours later, right before bed, we used the bathroom again – we tried to flush and it wouldn’t go down. I waited until the tank filled up and tried again... nada. So, I went down to the desk and asked for a plunger. The plunger was used and return back to the front desk. We figured it was just a fluke so we went to bed and throughout the night the toilet did the same as before. It wouldn’t flush. It was late and we didn’t want to disturb anyone so we just waited until the morning to ask for the plunger again. First thing in the morning we got the plunger. We kept the plunger in the room just in case it happened again and every time we used the bathroom we had to plunger the toilet. -_-

This should not happen in a Marriott!

We were beyond annoyed at the situation and wanted to explained the issue to the front desk and like I said she just apologized. I’m sorry but we wanted and deserved to have more than “I am sorry”. We couldn’t use the toilet the whole stay minus once when we first checked-in. Sure we could have went to the front desk and requested another room but it was late when we realized the toilet had issues. And sure we could have asked for the plunger throughout the night or requested the front desk staff to come in every potty break to plunger the toilet all hours of the night but I find that ridiculous. In my opinion, we should have gotten a percentage off our stay, something other than “I’m sorry”. We paid top dollar for our stay here – we didn’t go through any of the ‘deal websites’ to get a discounted price. We never do. We go straight through Marriott’s website to book our hotel stays with Marriott.

I’m extremely disappointed… I’ve never known a Marriott to do that to their customers.

Room Tip: Under the desk there is a smaller table. If you pull that table out it can be used as a kitchen tabl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for writing a review. Many guests benefit from experiences such as yours and management gets an honest view of their property. TownePlace really is a great Marriott product and I am delighted you enjoyed what we have to offer! Being pet friendly is a great perk in hotels nowdays and I am glad you thought so as well. I am truly sorry about the maintenance issue you experienced. Just from my years in hotels it sound like something got flushed and needed the attention of our plumber! Usual culprit is a key card believe it or not! Next time call the desk and request a room transfer at your leisure!!! We want you to be happy and comfortable. We want to invite you back as our guest for a problem free stay. Call me and I will arrange for you!!! Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We returned to the TownePlace Suites after having a great experience earlier this year. Our King studio suite was very spacious and spotlessly clean. I raised the lack of mirror situation with the hotel assistant manager, who assured us that the problem was being addressed by the new management company and would be remedied.
I cannot say enough about the employees at this hotel. Everyone was friendly and accommodating, giving us suggestions for restaurants and local activites. Even the manager came out to ask us if we were enjoying our stay.
I travel a lot and this is one of the best properties I have ever stayed at. Definitely surpassing MArriott's high standards!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reenie B, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We thank you for such a nice review of our hotel. Our greatest assest is our friendly staff members. Everyone who works here truly wants every guest to be WOWED! Please come back again soon! We enjoy making our guests happy and comfortable!

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie? Share your experiences!