“Good for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn - Erie / Depot Rd.

Rodeway Inn - Erie / Depot Rd.
You added Rodeway Inn - Erie / Depot Rd. to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn - Erie / Depot Rd.
4050 Depot Rd, Erie, PA 16510   |
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Lebanon, PA
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here from 10/18 to 21/2012 with a friend of mine while visiting the area for steelhead fishing. Our room was clean and neat. The bathroom, although very small, was adequate for a couple of fisherman, and it was quite clean. Only problem was a maintenance issue where the upper hinge on the bathroom door was loose due to screws being stripped out.

This motel is part of truck stop and is immediately adjacent to I-90, so there is above average noise, although it was not as bad as you might expect. An excellent part of this stay was that the room included a full breakfast bar at the truck stop restaurant. It was really quite good, and offered a wide variety of choices so that even with my low carb diet I was able to find plenty to eat. We had a rrom with two queen beds, non-smoking, and the three nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) cost us just about $200, or about $64/night (senior rate).

This is not a place for a romantic get away, or someplace you want to go to impress the special person in your life. It is pretty much utilitarian, but it exceeded my expectations. And, whereas the location in the truck stop has its drawbacks, it also gives you the convenience of a decent restaurant literally just outside your door, a place to grab coffee or snacks, and competitively priced gasoline. I am comfortable recommending the place if you are looking for clean, basic accommodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ajax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just spent 2 nights here. Yes it is in a truck stop but not a bother. Store and restaurant a quick walk away. Big clean room with fridge and microvave.
One little problem at check in. Gave us a room, went upstairs with my 2 small children (no elevator) and our smoking room was being cleaned. Told the 1-800 people booked this room. We don't smoke.
Cleaner called manager Patrick and told to go see him. Back to the restaurant and given a first floor no smoking room plus a small refund.
Only thing would bring your own pillow.
The restaurant was nice. Had dinner and 2 breakfasts there. Found is decent, Above average.
About 8 miles from Erie and close to the lake.
Would stay here again and already planning the next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We found this place to be very nice. I was a little apprehensive based on previous reviews but I must say we would absolutely stay there again. The service was wonderful, staff very friendly. The restaurant was a great value, esp since the breakfast buffett was included in our room price. The room was very clean and free from offensive odors (as noted in other reviews). There was no issue with noise from the gas station or truck traffic. Signs are well posted that let you know to check in at the info center (store). The restaurant and store are both open 24 hrs. There is also a Subway and a Pizza Hut inside the plaza with regular business hours as well as a service station. This I found to be very convenient. We got our dinner, room, a little souvenier shopping, gas, air for the tires and a few games in the game room all in one place. The room itself was less than $70 a night with AAA discount (single room w/ 2 queen beds) . My only negative comment - the mattress was too hard , but i like a very soft bed. My daughter loved it, said she slept like a baby. A+ in my book.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Since the Erie area is expensive and the weekend we were there it was packed, so my friends and I stayed here because we didn't have many other options and we wanted something on the cheap side. I understand how people found it difficult to find, since it's right next the interstate and the only thing you see first is a gas station, so you should take that into account: the hotel is at the gas station! When we arrived we thought "Oh boy" since the hotel doesn't look very nice from the outside, and it's also located in a travel center area (truck stop and whatnot). But the rooms were clean and had everything we needed, mini fridge and a microwave included. The bathroom was clean as well. The only exception (and "eew" part) was when I had to move the bed because my cell phone felt through and I found a beef jerky bag, so I guess they didn't clean that area...No wifi, though. Breakfast was included, greasy but OK food, you have to pay for the drinks (plus tips). Overall, OK experience. If I go to the Erie area again, I'd probably look for a different hotel, since it's not the cheapest and the location is not good either. But if you are travelling and need to stop for one night, I'd definitely stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I don't understand how people couldn't find this hotel. Yes, there isn't much signage, but if you get some decent directions, it's very simple to find. It's right next to the Interstate. The hotel is indeed a part of a truck stop. The check in desk is in the actual truck stop (which is a tad weird, I admit), but check in is pretty easy. The free breakfast buffet (also in the truck stop) was very good. You just need to buy your drink. The room itself was pretty decent. It's just your typical, basic hotel room. They are very clean and quiet (I was on the side facing the Interstate). The water does get REALLY hot though. I swear it was practically boiling when it came out. Overall, it's really not a terrible hotel. It's good if you're just traveling through.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Lancaster, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our family of 4 (2 children) stayed here one night on our way to Niagara Falls. It was a satisfactory place to spend a night. They offer a free breakfast, not including drinks. It was a decent value. The location was more like a truck stop, but it is fine for a night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The property is hard to find as there is no signage. You are required to check-in with the BP gas station cashier. The check-in process is slow. And when asking about restaurants in the area, the staff had absolutely no idea other than the ones on-site. I have never dealt with a staff so clueless. The location is in the middle of nowhere. The door to my room was left open and due to it being located in a truck stop, I had concerns about the general safety of the property. I would never recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Rodeway Inn - Erie / Depot Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn - Erie / Depot Rd.

Address: 4050 Depot Rd, Erie, PA 16510
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Erie
Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Erie
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rodeway Inn - Erie / Depot Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rodeway Inn Erie
Erie Rodeway Inn

If you own or manage Rodeway Inn - Erie / Depot Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.