“Generally good, but still smell of smoke in parts” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3041 West 12th Street, Erie, PA 16505 (Formerly Hampton Inn Erie - North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Chicago, Illinois
“Generally good, but still smell of smoke in parts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We enjoyed our stay--beautiful pool out back, great breakfast with make-your-own waffles for breakfast. But we still could smell cigarette smoke in our bathroom, and didn't realize how annoying that can be until you smell it. Bed linens are lovely and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed here while travelling by bicycle. I called to reserve a room by phone and did not want to read my credit card number over the phone in public. They held the room anyway. While I was there, the courtesy shuttle driver was kind enough to allow me to ride to a nearby drugstore. The property is clean and well-located near some restaurants. It is probably the closest motel to the airport if you need that. The room was clean and well-equipped and very quiet. The price was fair for the location and the amenities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here twice and both times we were greeted with politeness and rooms were clean. Our grandson loved the pool as it was warm and plenty of toys for the kids. The beds were comfortable and we slept very well.

Room Tip: Overall it is a nice quiet place to rest and very good breakfast
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel the last week of June and overall it was a nice hotel! We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and we really enjoyed the newly renovated rooms with large TV's and free Wifi!
The location is great and a lot of restaurants will deliver to this hotel. The room was clean and large. We ended up with an accessible room but it worked out ok. The AC worked well and was quiet. We were on the first floor beside the "A" entrance and it was fabulous - so close to our car if we needed to run out to get anything. I thought it would be loud with the dining area not far away along with the registration desk but it was so nice and quiet. We really enjoyed this hotel and we would return the next time we are in Erie!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Checking in after 4 pm, I was surprised to hear that our room wasn't clean yet. When we got to the room and found that the wall paper was dated, the carpethadahuge stain, the refrigerator was missing, and the room smelled like urine. When I picked up the phone to call the front desk, I found that it was broken. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We started staying here about 5 years ago and it was pretty good albeit pricey. I stay a lot at Fairfield Inns that don't cost much more but get a lot more. This being about year 5 it's going down the slippery slope. Showing wear and dirt. We are not smokers but took a smoking room and the smell is incredibly terrible. I have had to stay in smoking rooms before where at least an effort is made to quell the stinky aroma. NOT HERE! This would be great place for Captain Obvious to make an ad of where not to stay. Sorry to see it slide downhill. Location is good but we will try another place next time. We opened the window a tad to try and evacuate some stink and it darn near fell out!
All hotels should adopt no smoking except outside. Here they get the convenient rooms on the bottom floor where they should get the top floor.

Room Tip: Consider another hotel a little further out for a nicer facility. This one is going downhill sorry t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

OK, this was a decent place and I would stay here again

Stayed here one night, 6/20/2014, and was pleased it was a decent place. I pulled up around 10pm and there were several people outside the front entrance in animated but pleasing chatter. The lobby had 4 or 5 groups of people talking, several had children under 12 years old. All seemed like a lively well attended hotel. Front desk was pleasant enough and they checked me in quickly. I went to park around back and when I got out of my car there were 40 or so people at the outdoor pool, many children included, all having a fun time with the pool there. I knew I chose a good family hotel. Definitely I would stay here again.
A few notes:

- room was clean and nice size
- room was cooled with a/c before I arrived: nice!
- bedding good with 5 pillows for king bed, pillows comfortable
- the bed turned out to be comfortable for sure
- the sheets crisp and clean
- a nice 34" or 37" TV with good channels
- fridge & microwave
- bathroom clean and good size
- plenty of towels, clean and not too old
- room work area adequate with comfortable chair
- decent room lighting
- in-room Internet worked well, easy to connect
- free breakfast was good. Eggs, sausage, waffles, breads, fruit- decent quality and a bit better than I would have expected for this level hotel

Like I said, I would stay here again no problem!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!