“Good Hampton Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 35 hotels in Erie
Yukon, PA
“Good Hampton Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a long Labor Day weekend in Erie, PA. We stayed in a handicapped accessible room with a tub. Overall, the room was nice but would be very tight for anyone who uses a wheelchair. The bathroom was very roomy, however, the room itself was cramped. There was a king sized bed, an easy chair with an otterman on one side and a night stand on the other. The bed was very comfortable but I do not understand why hotels offer small pillows on a king sized bed? Lined up across the front of the room was a desk, tv stand with only two small drawers, a microwave and a small refrigerator and a long otterman. There was some sort of a hook protruding out of the wall opposite the bathroom and closet door halfway down the wall and was a hazard, in my opinion. The decor of the room was recently updated and very clean. The bathroom walls were not clean and had various scrapes on different areas, I had to clean mildew from around the slider for the hand held shower head and a few corners of the tub. The tub itself was slippery, should have some sort of non skid surface in it. The complimentary breakfast was a typical Hampton one. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. The staff there are very friendly and helpful. I have been staying at this location for many years and the rooms are smaller than the newer Hampton Inns I have stayed in.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JennSirak, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn Erie-South, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Erie. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay and apologize for the bathroom not being as clean as excepted. I did pass on your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Erie and we hope to see you again soon.

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Vestal, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The staff from check in to the breakfast staff the next morning were exteremly helpful and polite. The room was clean and the A/C unit was one of the first that actually cooled the room to my satisfaction. The location was convenient for my business trip. Overall a great visit and will definately stay at this location again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations, that is our #1 goal. We hope to see you again soon!
Erie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was a terrific way to begin our honeymoon. We were able to relax before we took off on our road trip! This is a well-maintained hotel with a terrific staff! The room was terrific and the bed was extremely comfortable. We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone interested in a good night's sleep. Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hampton Inn Erie. Congratulations on your marriage! I am so happy you enjoyed the first night of your honeymoon here in Erie. Hope the rest of your trip was excellent as well. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.
Hutchinson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Excellent facility. Very clean, with great staff. Pool was small but refreshing with a great sunroom. Very good breakfast with many choices. Coffee was very good, and the popcorn snack in the evening was wonderful. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.
Binghamton, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I are Hilton Honors members and, when we travel we always stay at Hampton Inns. We have always felt that the value for the dollar has been wonderful.
That being said, I will agree with other reviewers: this hotel is VERY dated and is in serious need of renovation. Combine that with a price higher than most we have stayed in and...
We actually had the rare opportunity to stay in two different rooms (our failure to plan ahead in a timely manner :-) ). In both, the bottoms of the bathroom doors were missing veneer. In our second room, the cracks around the door were substantial (as if the door was not hung square). I am not certain if the bathroom floors get cleaned regularly. In our first room there was something really sticky on the floor in front of the toilet (enough that the bottom of my sock stuck). In the second room, there was actually two small drops of blood on the floor. These things freaked me out a bit, so we wound up "carpeting" our bathroom floor with towels and wearing socks all the time.
In addition, both of us woke up early each morning with aching backs and sides. After the second night I discovered that the mattress was kind of worn and kind of lumpy.
Fortunately, I had checked and requested a room away from the interstate because my husband overheard another guest complaining about the noise when he went to get coffee after our first night.
This is the first Hampton we have ever stayed at and have not been "welcomed home" upon returning. While it seems like a small thing - if you're a regular Hampton guest, you know what I mean.
The breakfast was good, the snacks came out at night, and the rooms were quiet.
However, this stay was not the quality of stay we have come to expect from Hampton Inns.

That being said, two of the front desk clerks were really nice and helpful. It is conveniently located to the interstate and local attractions. One hour is reserved for adult swimming (10-11:PM), and that's nice, but kind of late at night. We found that the pool was empty during the afternoon as well. We spent most afternoons swimming alone. So, don't wait for the adult swim - check in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Get a room on the parking lot side. There's no view in either direction so you might as well go...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JennSirak, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn Erie-South, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We value all of our guests comments. April 2013 we did complete a $1 million dollar renovation of all guest rooms, lobby area and we added a sweet shop. I will forward your comments to our General Manager and owners. We would love you have you back here again. Thank you.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed here for business on several occasionas. The hotel is always clean and the rooms are updated. There is a fridge which is nice as many hotels do not offer one. There is a nice updated gym-there are TVs on the machines-and pool (both small but have everything that one may need for a small qorkout or swim). They even offer headphones in the gym and clean towels which is a nice bonus. The breakfast is decent and customer service always wonderful. Anytime I've even asked for anything they send it up to my room immediately. Everyone is pleasant and helpful and smiling. Will continue to stay here as my hotel of choice in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel. I'm glad that we are accommodating with your needs and hope to see you again soon.
Old Chatham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed this Hampton Inn and stayed both ways traveling by car on our trip (one way with reward points). Everything is clean, comfy bed, pillows, etc. and a great staff - Noni, Anthony, and Jessica at both check-in and check-out. Also, close to restaurants and the casino. The room rate was a bit high and we were disappointed that our AAA discount was not accepted at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JennSirak, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn Erie-South, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Erie. We pride ourselves on the wonderful staff we are fortunate to have. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Erie-South? Share your experiences!