“Quality of Hamptons not up to par anymore.” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
$25 Gas Card!
Ranked #3 of 35 hotels in Erie
“Quality of Hamptons not up to par anymore.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast area in this hotel like many other Hamptons on the road is about the only nice thing about it. The room and hotel dirty. Sheets stained and scratchy, walls splattered and not cleaned. Bathroom did not feel clean. Arrived very late... gentleman at front desk when we checked in was courteous as was the server at breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013
JennSirak, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn Erie-South, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry the hotel didn't meet your expectations. I will review these comments with our Executive Housekeeper. We are in the early stages of a room renovation. Our start date has not been set in stone, but we know it will be happening in the next few months. We hope you will give us another try to "wow" you. Thank you again.

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
OSHAWA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this hotel in late September. I have stayed there before and loved it.The staff is warm and welcoming. We arrived late and wanted to order take out - were given menus and some helpful hints. Room was clean and spacious. The lobby is lovely and the breakfast is fantastic. Great location - close to lots of shopping on Peach St. which is the main drag in Erie for shopping. I would definitely stay there again. Great value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JennSirak, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn Erie-South, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We are very fortunate that we have such a friendly staff, eager to assist our guests. I'm glad you had a great time during your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Thank you again!
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Recently stayed the weekend at the Hampton Inn, Erie South. The room was immaculate, the customer service was exceptional, and the bed was very comfortable. We experienced a problem with the TV and it was corrected very quickly. The Breakfast Bar was included with the room, and was well-stocked with scrambled eggs, sausage, and home fries. They featured make-your-own waffles, fresh bagels, and a variety of breakfast breads and rolls. We stayed in a two-person jacuzzi room which proved to be a great way to end the day. The hotel is located along I90 and was convenient to downtown Erie, local fishing sites, and the Lake Erie wineries. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JennSirak, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn Erie-South, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to write a great review of the hotel. I am glad that we were able to fix the tv problem you experienced when you checked in. We have a great maintenance staff to assist our guests in need. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

So far Hampton Inn's are one of my favorite hotels to stay at. Check in was smooth and I encountered one of the most pleasant receptionists ever (sorry I can't remember her name, sadly). The room and bathroom were nice and clean. But, the thing I like the most with Hampton Inns are the beds. First, they sit higher off the ground then most beds, which is really nice for us tall people, and second, the mattresses are extremely comfortable. The comforter that was on the bed was heavy and very warm, and I didn't want to get up the next morning. Very rarely do I partake of the complimentary breakfasts that most hotel chains offer (something I'll have to work on since I'm technically paying for it), but I decided to this time. I must say what I had was very good good. Choices ranged from cold to hot food choices. I had an egg and sausage sandwich on English muffin, and it was very tasty. Also, the coffee was very good too. The hotel is located in a large shopping hub surrounded my many malls, so it's very easy and convenient to get whatever you may need during your stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review of the hotel. I am so happy that you decided to enjoy our free hot breakfast. We do offer a great selection. Thank you for taking the time for review us. We hope to see you again soon
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We received a friendly welcome, and after realizing there was no heat in our first floor room, we notified the gentleman at the front desk, and he immediately and courteously assigned us to a new room (with functioning heater!). The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and in general our stay was positive. The heater was a bit loud.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review of the hotel. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you in another room with a functioning heater. I apologize about the heaters, as they are very old. This information will be passed onto our maintenance staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My mom and I stay here and it was very nice. The front people were very polite and welcoming. The rooms were clean and cool air conditioner for the hot weather. It was a good location to get on and off from 90 & 79. On peach street for all the restaurants and one exit from the casino. The breakfast was very good and the helper actually were very help of your needs. I did see one mother concern about her daughter that she was allergic of nuts and the cafe help ladies brought out a book of indigents of food for the family. I will be coming back to Hampton Inn Erie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
JennSirak, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn Erie-South, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We are very fortunate that we have such a friendly staff, eager to assist our guests. We are also aware of the various food allergies known and believe that it is our responsibility to our guests to know the ingredients of all of the food we serve. Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very glad we stayed here. Was quickly obvious this hotel sets high standards and keeps them. Everything was as should be plus better. Very efficient, courteous staff; well run, extensive tidy breakfast. Especially enjoyed the bed and duvet, very comfortable; I am planning to buy a duvet on the Hampton Inn web-site. This Hampton Inn is run as a hotel should be! Will highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again if I'm in the area. Continuous improvement and attention to detail is obvious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JennSirak, Group Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn Erie-South, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for the great review. We pride ourselves in the high standards that we uphold for our guests. I'm glad you had an excellent stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Been to Hampton Inn Erie-South? Share your experiences!