“Convenience in Erie” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 35 hotels in Erie
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
“Convenience in Erie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The Residence in is typical of Marriott properties. It is clean, functional and located well just outside the city but near many shops and restaurants. The staff was wonderfully helpful with every request. They seemed unable to do enough for me exceeding every request.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Westfield, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Reserved this hotel months ago for an early morning flight from Erie International. I decided to check with the hotel about our early morning need for a shuttle 2/14/14. I did so in January. After some checking by a hotel employee I was told they don't run a shuttle that early but would check with another hotel. They said they didn't make their schedule that far in advance, so please check back in February.
When I called in February I was told that the schedule wouldn't be done until Friday of that week, which was only 7 days until departure. When I did call back, they checked and said the other hotel didn't run one that early but they would give me the number of a local cab company. I reserved this hotel because they list a shuttle to the airport and it would save friends dropping us at the airport at 4:15 am. I asked the employee to check about the hotel providing me with a cab at their expense and was told they would have to check with the manager who was not on property at the time. The employee said she would contact the manager and get back to me shortly. I waited two days before canceling the reservation and reserving at Courtyard by Marriott. They simply asked what time I wanted the shuttle.
I am sure the hotel is a wonderful place to stay, just don't expect a shuttle whenever you might need it.
As a loyal Marriott customer, I have always found they would work to remedy any situation. This one was a disappointment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Recently stayed at the Residence Inn with my family during a shopping trip. The stylish suite we stayed in had two double beds, a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, fully stocked kitchen, and pull out sofa - all for under a $100 a night! However, when we first entered our room we noticed the garbage (which was full) sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. After telling the front desk this, they immediately apologized and gave us the room across the hall which was properly cleaned.
The pool & hot tub area was nicely decorated and very relaxing. It was open to 11:00pm and even has a sauna. The hotel also had a schedule of free food throughout the week and we enjoyed their selections of nachos, veggies and dip, and cookies the night we arrived after a long drive. The complementary breakfast was basic but satisfactory. Our hotel room was definitely the highlight of our stay - the fireplace really made it feel cozy. I recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay at a nice hotel in Erie at an affordable price.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Rewards member, ask the front desk if you can spin their wheel of prizes. We...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed for a long weekend with the family at the attached Splash Lagoon indoor water park. The hotel is typical for a Residence Inn, which is a good thing. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly and attentive, and the breakfast is good. We did a mix of food options while there, including dining out at a local chain place, ordering in from the attached Boston's Pizza, breakfast in the dining area, and a quick meal that was prepared in the room by us after a quick shopping trip to the nearby Wegman's. The fact that this property is directly attached to the water park is a big plus and makes for easy access for the kids to have some fun. If you're traveling with kids, it's worth it to opt for the larger suites because it allows for some quiet time in your own space once the kids are knocked out from the water park. I've stayed at several Residence Inns while traveling for work, and I've always been satisfied with what the brand has to offer. I'm very glad to find that this location doesn't disappoint and will stay there every time we go to Splash Lagoon in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Arrival was late and everything from made sofa bed was Great-
Pool was open till 1100 kids were excited and the water was warm both in the pool and large hot tub.
Room- bed was firm and really slept well but the pillows were on the verge of terrible- unfortunately I sometimes just have to deal with non feather pillows- room was roomy with table large couch which turns into bed and fireplace and whirlpool tub -quite deep enough room for two adults and two kids
Breakfast- marginal- waffles potatoes eggs French toast bread beagles cereal coffee tea milk and juices and for the kids who eat terrible sodas for breakfast!!
Front desk staff friendly
&&& killer point &&& -- directly connected to Splash lagoon - very short walk

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our family stayed at the Residence Inn during a recent visit to Splash Lagoon. The hotel was great for our purposes. We stayed in a 1-br room which was quite spacious. We also appreciated being directly attached to the Splash Lagoon and to Boston's pizza restaurant. The hotel staff was quite nice and accommodating to our family's needs.

The included breakfast was fine, although the eating area is quite small and could easily fill up. Also, the mattress was super firm, too firm for my tastes. Finally, the room ran hot... really hot. As in, I had the thermostat set to 68, but the temperature in the room was reading 80 degrees. I'm not sure where the excess heat was coming from, but the only effective way of cooling it down enough to make sleeping comfortable was to open the window (20 degree temps) for thirty minutes or so.

These were small things though that merely kept it from being outstanding. We enjoyed staying here and plan to stay here again when we return to Splash Lagoon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I am actually writing this review while in my hotel room. Check in was easy and the receptionist was very friendly. All of the workers in the hallways are friendly and helpful. The hotel has a comfortable feel. The pool area was very pleasent. The problem I have with my room right now is (beyond having stains all over the furniture and a hair on my pillow that was not mines) one of the double beds is so badly ditched in you can clearly see it a mile away. It looks as though there is a huge hole in the middle of the bed. I tried laying in it before having my daughter sleep in it and it was so uncomfortable. I decided to try the pull out sofa. As I opened the sofa there was either coffee or blood stains on the mattress. I called the reception desk asking for a replacement mattress 40 minutes ago and haven't received a call back. Its just disappointing. There is no way a bed in such bad condition could go over looked. Personally sleep conditions and staff interactions are the most important part of my hotel stays. I expected more since I have stayed at the residence inn in the past and had so many great experiences.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Residence Inn Erie? Share your experiences!