“Summer Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Beaver Dams, NY
“Summer Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was a great hotel, staff was great-very accomodating with early check-in. Connected to Splash Lagoon-which was great for the kids. Lots of choices for Breakfast, Rooms were great, only concern, pullout couch was a little hard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Connellsville, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Beautiful even though one night stay. Realy enjoyed it and trying to plan bringing grandchildren up over Christmas. We did not do water park up for family weekend st Edinboro University for our daughter Ashley but plan on coming back in near future for all seven of our grandchildren to enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Midwest Exile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

There's nothing wrong with average. Average is doable - but it's not what I've come to expect with Marriott properties (predictable) and the variation between our first stay over the summer and our most recent stay a week and a half ago were different enough that it will give me pause as to whether or not I rebook.

The hotel must have had an interior facelift in recent years because the decor is mostly up to date. There are some areas though that I wonder why they cut corners - mattresses don't seem to be nearly as new and not in the same condition (stay in June mattress was horribly saggy - this time around not so bad) and the "jetted" tub in the bathroom is just award and looks like an antique from the 70's.

We did end up checking in later in the evening than I had anticipated. The staff person at the desk was friendly and kind but he had clearly just started and probably shouldn't have been on his own. The room was what I had reserved - a one bedroom suite - but there was something that set off the allergies of my daughter, my husband and i as soon as we walked in the door. I don't know if the room had been occupied by a pet prior to us and dander remained or if it was the air from the heading/cooling system but it kept us sneezing for the entire time. The extra towels and pillows that I always request because of family travel were not in the room and took a couple of trips to get.

I didn't think we were particularly late for breakfast, but not too long after 9a they were already quickly packing up. We weren't asked if we wanted anything before they were put away - I walked over to see if I could grab some cereal for my 3 year old to take on the car ride and found the breakfast items almost completely picked up.

On my way back up to my room I stopped to tell the front desk staff that after we checked out it would be a good idea to have someone from housekeeping do a detailed check of the room - there was dried toothpaste on the in-room hair dryer and smudged finger prints on the moulding around the bathroom door (ew). She did ask for my room, but otherwise made no apology nor seemed overly concerned.

One of the things that I've come to love about Marriott is that they are predictable and that, especially after driving long hours with two young children, is extremely important to me. This hotel might be great if you're going to the water-park but if you're looking for a standard, Marriott hotel and Marriott experience this would not be the place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 daughters, age 3 and age 5 mos. We had a splash lagoon groupon deal. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 1:30 but they gave us our splash lagoon passes and told us to check back in 1 hour. When we checked back, the room was ready. The room was beautiful. It was clean and had a separate living area and bedroom area. We also took advantage of the stove top, refrigerator and microwave. My husband and daughter loved the in-room fireplace. It was a very short walk (indoor walkway) to splash lagoon. Breakfast was ok. There was no meat and the eggs were made from a powder I think. But it was free and there were plenty of options. This is a really great hotel for families. Every single staff member we met was friendly and accommodating. Definitely would not stay anywhere else when traveling to Erie.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Alliance, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here to go to splash lagoon. This hotel is top notch. From check in with Erika and Michelle ..they were super friendly and helpful to breakfast with Brianna who was great. The room was clean, updated, we had a nice full kitchen, a fireplace, jacuzzi tub. Everything was great. Highly recommend, splash lagoon is equally super, clean and nice...Great family trip.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My family, along with two other of our friend's families, stayed at the Residence Inn this weekend for a getaway trip to Splash Lagoon Water Park.
Check in was a breeze, also they were able to meet our request to be on the same floor.
Rooms were very nice complete with a kitchen, fireplace, and whirlpool tub. They were reasonably priced as well! Excellent breakfast was served in the morning. More than a typical free buffet.
This was our second time staying at this hotel.
Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed November 2013
Jeremy M, Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience with us during your recent visit to the Residence Inn Splash Lagoon! We are very pleased that your party enjoyed your accommodations as we pride ourselves on delivering service that goes above and beyond expectations. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Best regards, Staff & Management of the Residence Inn Splash Lagoon
Toronto, ON Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife, two kids and I stayed for two nights (Sunday & Monday) this past week to enjoy splash lagoon. We had a one bedroom suite which worked great with the kids. We had a pizza lunch one day and a BBQ chicken one night in the room which had a dishwasher, fridge and other amenities in order to eat in our room.

The hotel provided direct access to the Splash lagoon and boston pizza without walking outside.

Only complaints were the pullout couch bed provided a terrible sleep with the springs digging into my back and the fan in the bathroom was extremely noisy.

Reception apologized for the mattress and said they would have the fan checked.

Kids loved the splash lagoon and I am sure we will return.

Would recommend going to the lagoon on a Monday when it is not as busy.

Stayed November 2013
On behalf of the Residence Inn team, thank you for providing details of your experience while you were our guest. All comments whether positive or not so positive are critical to our success. If you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail, please contact a hotel representative at your earliest convenience. We hope we can be of service to you and your family very soon.

Warmest regards, Staff & Management of the Residence Inn

Been to Residence Inn Erie? Share your experiences!