“Second stay, will stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Erie
West Virginia
“Second stay, will stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here two years ago when visiting Splash Lagoon, and returned this year to bring the kids to Splash Lagoon once again. I was very pleasantly surprised with the renovations - I remember thinking on our last visit that the hotel needed updating - and they have certainly come through!! The lobby looks awesome, and the rooms were very nicely decorated and updated. We had a one bedroom suite and I absolutely loved the little sectional sofa that is now in the room - fantastic! Room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was beyond friendly and incredibly helpful whenever we had a question or made a request. The only suggestion I have would benefit those taking advantage of Splash Lagoon - and that is to add some type of drying line or rack or have something available...we absolutely ran out of room to hang towels and bathing suits to dry!!

The breakfast buffet offers more than one can eat and was very delicious. The evening snacks were delightful as well. The hotel is close to the interstate, tons of restaurants and just a short drive to the mall.

We are very pleased with the new and improved Residence Inn and plan to be back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Indiana Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Residence Inn Erie is a great choice. The hotel has been recently renovated. I was hesitant to stay there because of its relatively average rating on tripadvisor. But the rating in the middle of the pack seems low to me. The rooms are very modern and very clean. The staff is very friendly. We had a one-bedroom suite which was extremely comfortable. It's an older property which concerned me because I've stayed at their older properties before and on occasion have not been extremely satisfied but the renovation at this property appears to have had great results!

Breakfast is good -- typical for Residence Inn -- better than most continental because of larger selection and hot items -- but still is a hotel buffet. They also provide complimentary evening selections on certain evenings -- the evening we were there they had nachos and cheese and other snack foods along with drinks. The next night they were going to be offering hamburgers along with other items. In addition, there are several restaurants right in the parking lot and a convenience store across the street. Also tons of restaurants within a mile or two.

I was able to get a late check out which I very much appreciated because I was waiting for my husband to return from fishing and otherwise was just planning to sit and wait in the lobby -- they were extremely generous with the check out time.

The location is good. It's right off I-90 so if you're traveling it's great. It is close to shopping and would be walkable but there are no sidewalks so you'd have to walk along the very busy road. However the public bus stops there that will take you to many of the shopping locations if that's what you're looking for. I did not ride the bus but it seems like it would be very easy if needed.

Overall, an excellent choice if you're in Erie!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Karly M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for all the positive feed back for your stay with us at Residence Inn. We truly enjoyed having you with us while you visited the Erie area. We are hoping to have you return soon for another fishing trip and we could have our chinese lunch this time :) We hope you consider us as your home away from home! Some changes are being made with our social hour and we hope soon to be introducing more days. Also hoping to soon have some different options available in our breakfast buffet. We will see you again on your next trip to Erie!
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The rooms were modern and clean. Front desk service, kitchen staff, and others seemed very helpful and friendly. I did not go to the indoor water park, but the hotel is connected to it. Many restaurants surround the hotel within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Karly M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback with your recent stay with us at Residence Inn. We truly love to hear that you had such a great time. Maybe the next visit you will be able to enjoy the waterpark! If you need any assistance in making future plans to stay with us please let me know. Thank you again and hopefully we will see you again soon! :)
Newmarket, Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a last minute trip to the area for shopping, stayed 2 nights,. This hotel is right off the highway and just about 5 minutes to the Millcreek Mall. There is also Target, Walmart, and tons of restaurant choices. Grove City is about 50 minutes south. The hotel is attached to Splash Lagoon but we did not go there. There is a pool, hot tub and fitness room.

The room was obviously newly renovated. One large room with king bed (comfortable, new linens) , fireplace, kitchenette with all the dishes etc, pull out couch, table to eat at and desk with free wifi. Flat screen tv and dvd player. Coffee and tea in the room. The bathroom had a huge jacuzzi with a shower in it but the tub was very deep, so if you had mobility issues you would have had a hard time getting in the shower.

Breakfast is included, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, potatoes, toast, bagels, waffles, some fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, donuts/muffins. Coffee (not great), juices.

The area is a popular place to stay and shop and this hotel was good value for the 3 of us to stay in. I would stay here again although there are closer hotels to the mall. I have stayed in 4 other hotels in this area. Message me if you would like more information.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Karly M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We would first love to thank you for your positive feedback with your recent stay with us at the Erie Residence Inn! We strive for our guest to have a memorable stay and see that we have succeeded with you :) We would love to help in making future plans for you to come stay with us again! On your next shopping or leisure trip make sure to keep us in mind! Thank you again :)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Early August was our second stay at the Residence Inn Erie in five months: it is a dog hotel! We stay with our dog and have a small apartment: separate living room-kitchen and bedroom-bathroom. On our second visit we had our adult son with us and he slept on the sofa-type bed in the living room and that worked well. Although we usually stay at Courtyard Marriotts when our dog is not with us, we very much like this particular Residence Inn.

Close to many restaurants and I 90 and I 79.
Recommended.

Room Tip: We ask for a quiet room location away from I 90.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Karly M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
On behalf of myself and team we are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here at Residence Inn. Thank you so much for sharing your kind words about your recent stay with us. We love to see our repeat guests each time they come to visit, including your extended four-legged family :) We will be happy to help in your future plans to come to Erie! Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to make your future plans.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel (from Sunday August 26th-Monday August 27th) with 3 friends so that we could be close to lots of shopping. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite (rm 122) In the bathroom there was a large jacuzzi tub there was a MASSIVE crack in it down the side where a large piece of the external tile had obviously fallen off and then been sloppily glued back in. While I was sleeping I also obtained 3 large bites on my foot, from what I can only assume was a spider or some other type of larger bug. I woke up at 6 am with my foot throbbing and itching. Upon checkout I went to speak to the front desk. I believe there names were Bryan and Erika. Bryan was very quick to tell me that they were too large to be bed bug bites, and that at this time of year spiders often get into rooms. I asked for cream or anti septic from them. They brought out a first very ill equipped first aid kit. IT DID NOT EVEN CONTAIN ANTI SEPTIC WIPES!!! and then proceeeded to rustle around in the back for an abnormally extended period of time before producing any ointment. They were very dismissive which I found quite offensive. The bites wre red and inflamed and had obviously just happened. Very disappointed with the level of service from the staff. Especially in a hotel that the Mariott puts its name on.

Room Tip: There are serveal budget hotels in the immediate area stay at one of them!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feed back of your recent stay with us. I would like to first take the time to apologize of the less then appealing appearance of the whirpool tub front. We did have some damage done to that particular room and are currently awaiting the arrival of the front piece to have it replaced. More importanty I would like to apologize for the lack of enthusiasm or acknowledgement from our front desk and maintenance staff when your concern was brought to them. As the Residence Inn team we take the safety and comfort of are guests very seriously. I am very sorry that this service was not given to you at the time of check out. Also I would like to say your concerns are something that we never take lightly. We take all reviews, both positive and negative, very seriously and your feedback will help us improve on our service for your next visit.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon. The room was nice and spacious. Also, it wasn't overpriced at all. It was very worth it. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was well decorated. Its location is very convenient. There are several restaurants within walking distance. As well as splash lagoon water park. If we return to Erie, we will stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Karly M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Erie, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Let me first say congrats on your new adventure in life with one another! I am so pleased that you had chose the Residence Inn to share in your special time. Thank you for your kind words of our hotel and we truly appericiate your feedback. We look forward to have you stay with us again! Maybe on your 1st, 25th and 50th anniversary :) Best wishes from myself and our team!

Been to Residence Inn Erie? Share your experiences!