“Beautiful location.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
sharih
“Beautiful location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I loved my view from my window watching the snow fall. Room was very comfortable and I had a pleasant stay. My room didn't have a tub but a very nice walk-in shower. I only mention that because I did a lot of walking and was going to take a hot bath! I saw an extra charge for $2.00 on my bank statement days later - had no idea what it was but didn't ask, I was very comfortable.

I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about the hotel. I am glad you had a positive experience and I hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The manager is amazing. I bring my small dog and am welcomed by him and his staff each time I stop in Erie. Very Clean. Great bar tender! Made my martini perfectly and gave me advice for dinner choices.. he even took it upon himself to phone a in a reservation at a local dining establishment. I've had breakfast in the attached restaurant and in my room. Excellent both times. This is the only hotel I will stay at in Erie. Looking forward to my return soon.

Room Tip: Face the lake. It's beautiful to look at in the mornings.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for positive reveiw! I am gald you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I will make sure to share your positive comments about the martini and service that my bartender in the restautant provided you. I hope you get the chance to visit the hotel again in the future.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I booked a weekend getaway to view the ice dunes. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, room was clean, bed was comfortable and I loved the view of the bay. This hotel is pet friendly and we brought our dog, there is limited green area's and ended up taking the skywalk to the convention center were the parking lot had more green area's for your puppy. The price is expensive and there is a $12 charge for parking, but worth it for the location and quality, the hotel has a onsite restaurant and bar, indoor pool and fitness area.

Room Tip: Ask for lower level room if traveling with pet, ask for lakeview room, use your AAA card to get spec...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad you had the oppurtunity to visit Erie and see our great ice dunes on the frozen lake!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Checked In to this hotel in the middle of a snowstorm. Never expected I will spend time in this little town of Erie PA, did't expect much from A Sheraton hotel from this small town - perhaps of not wanting much - I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone in this hotel was really friendly. I checked into a room with a comfy king sized bed, a large desk - perfect if your are here for business. I have a beautiful view of the lake , which at this time almost completely frozen. I was always amazed by the ice-fishermen, walking on the frozen lake before dawn, looking for a spot where they would ice-fished for the entire day in sub zero conditions. Rooms come with huge window which I Love! Love to wake up by the natural sunlight - especially in the winter - the large windows of this hotel allow me to do that. This hotel gave me a homely feel to it withe the helpful and approachable staff.
It comes with a shower and can be a little tiny ( am skinny and 5ft 4) - am sure they come with bigger bathrooms.... If at Erie - recommend this hotel ! Definitely !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the positive review regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy that you had the chance to enjoy Erie. I appreciate your comments about the service provided by the staff and I will be sure to share this information with them.
Vienna, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Ryan at check in was great so friendly and got us into our room early. The view of the bay is beautiful and I enjoyed seeing the ice fishing and ice sailing right from our room. My husband and I will never stay anywhere else when we visit Erie. We got a great AAA rate this time sometimes the UPMC rate is good too. It is a very cozy place to stay and we enjoy the bayfront grille and bar.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a reveiw for our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and got to experience some of the winter activities in the Erie area. I also greatly appreciate the nice comment you included about Ryan. I will make sure he is recognized for his exceptional customer service.
DuBois, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Staying at the Erie Bayfront, you will be met with very friendly, helpful staff at the check in desk. They will welcome you into their beautifully appointed hotel and give you any and all info on the area as well as wonderful local restaurants.
The hotel sits right on Lake Erie and on the other side is their Marina, filled with beautiful boats and with a view right up State Street. There is also a lighthouse and a pier beside the hotel.
The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and spotless.
You can't get a bad view.
You will either be on the Lake side or the Marina side. Either one is beautiful.
Breakfast downstairs is very, very good. They have a diverse selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner choices.
If you want to be certain you will have a great hotel experience, stay at the Sheraton Bayfront in Erie, Pa.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view, but I would request the Lake view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank for choosing the Sheraton Erie Bayfront and taking the time to complete a review for the hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a positive experience in our restaurant. I hope you choose our hotel again the next time you are in Erie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and clean. The customer service is very good despite what has been said in earlier reviews. You do have to pay for parking which is 12 dollars which is kind of annoying but you are in a downtown area of a city. The rooms are very clean and I found no issues with noise and I was near the elevator. Overall nice hotel and would stay here again if I was staying in Erie.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Sheraton Erie Bayfront. I appreciate your positive comments on the service and cleanliness. I am gald you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you at the hotel again in the future.

Been to Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel? Share your experiences!