“Fantastic View!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Tucson
“Fantastic View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

On the last night of a 15 day road trip across the USA we decided to splurge with a room over looking the bay in Erie Pa. We were not disappointed. The Sheraton offered us an elegant room which was enjoyed by us all - dogs loved it too! The food in the dining room was very good - we sat outside for dinner and inside by the window for breakfast. The only downside was in the booking process. They did not mention that there would be a $25 per pet fee. The additional $50 was a surprise but they offered us a parking and breakfast package that made it an easier decision. The pet walking area was small but was very well lite and with first class supplies. This is a special place and we would very much like to explore Erie a great deal more. We would definitely like to stay at the Erie Bayfront with the dogs!!

Room Tip: We were in room 400 - an end room - great with dogs and a simply fantastic view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and we certainly look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Bayfront while attending a professional conference. It was a beautiful hotel with a great views of the the water and harbor. The room was comfortable and well decorated. The staff was helpful and efficient. The staff at hospitality suite for our group and at the restaurant were particularly helpful and accommodating. I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences specifically as it pertained to our service levels. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and we certainly look forward to serving you again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Erie, PA why go there? I don't have an answer for that, but if you do have to go and stay downtown I recommend the Sheraton. Modern rooms with bay views onside and harbor views on the other. Quiet and well built unfortunately the windows don't open (it would have been so awesome if they did) Another quirk is that they have cheap plastic glasses in the bathroom (hardly something to lose sleep over,but still a bit strange). The staff was really helpful and everyone was very nice...

Room Tip: Try for club level as they have a very nice guest club.
Green Features: I didn't really participate in that as I need my housekeeping everyday. With that said if you want extra points it is a great way of getting them added to your account.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much as well as the level of service that you received. We certainly look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hanover, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

It had been a few years since my last trip to Erie and I was amazed by the transformation of the waterfront at the State Street pier. The Sheraton is located on a small peninsula adjacent to the pier and new conference center and the hotel has a direct waterfront view. If you are going to stay at the Erie Sheraton I would suggest spending the extra bucks to get a waterfront room as the view across the lake is marvelous, especially at sunset. We only stayed one night and I must say that the service was excellent. Check-in was speedy and effortless, the rooms are spacious and well equipped and the beds are as comfy as any I have slept in. Parking is available in the adjacent well lit parking garage ($12 per night) making access to your vehicle very handy. We did not eat at the restaurant during our stay but we did take advantage of the spacious lobby bar for a nightcap.

Overall we had a very pleasant experience at the Erie Sheraton which I am pleased to say exceeded my expectations.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and certainly look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you also for sharing your photos of both the hotel as well as one of our memorable sun sets.

New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was part of a 3-day conference recently held at the Sheraton Bayfront. I must say, I was impressed.

Check-in was relatively painless. We asked to be put near our friends because we were traveling together. After an initial hesitation, it was discovered I am indeed a Starwood member, and we were assigned a room on the 8th floor down the hall from our traveling companions.

The 8th floor is wonderful - a lovely little cafe where one can have a cup of coffee or tea, a soft drink or bottle of water any time of the day. A basket of fruit available in the afternoon. Continental breakfast in the morning (obviously) and hors d oeuvres in the evening. The days we were there, breakfast items included eggs, sausage and bacon one day, French toast with bacon and sausage the next. There was yogurt, juice, cereal and milk. The cafe attendants were friendly and accomodating. I arrived at least 20 minutes prior to opening one morning as I had an early meeting. The attendant got me a container of yogurt, a bagel and cream cheese and juice before anything was set out. The area was always neat and clean, and there is a computer in the corner for guests' use.

The guest room was lovely - nicely appointed. What I found odd was that were no drawers for your clothes! A large 2-door armoir, but no drawers for your undies, socks, etc. Everything had to be laid on shelves! The bathroom was large, with double doors from the bedroom. We thought it was funny that the doors had glass in them instead of being solid - well, it was translucent glass so you couldn't see through them!

The room was clean - we opted for housekeeping every day. You can opt out of housekeeping and receive a food/beverage credit. I really didn't want to make my own bed everyday, so we chose to have housekeeping. Unfortunately, I heard from one of my associates that if you opt out, they don't even come in to empty your trash cans! We had a lovely view of the marina and the city. It was fun to watch the boats coming and going.

While I didn't use the pool, I did notice that it was rather small. There is a patio/deck area outside the pool area with lounge chairs; it overlooks the water and seemed like it would be a nice place to sit and relax.

Food was good in both the restaurant and our banquet setting. The Executive Chef actually came out to speak with us while we were finishing our dinner. I thought that was a nice touch!

All in all, I give this facility high marks. Public areas were nicely appointed and clean. Public restrooms were clean and well cared for. Staff was friendly and helpful.

If I had the need or the opportunity, I would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor so you have a view, but either city side or lake side is good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us as they pertain to your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself so much and were able to experience so much of what we have to offer. We are also pleased that you enjoyed your dining experiences in our award winning restaurant The Bayfront Grille.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I planned a trip home due to a death in my family and upon arriving at the Sheraton Erie, we were welcomed by your front office team member Stefan. He was such a delight and pleasure to meet. Stefan was able to assist me in booking a starhot rate, in lieu of the complimentary night not yet granted. Stefan went above and beyond to even print my starthot form. My Aunt, who had recent hip surgery, told me the next morning "that was the most comfortable bed she had ever slept in. Waking up to such a beautiful view of the lake was truly wonderful". Thank you and God Bless you, Stefan, for your understanding and sincerity in our time of sorrow.

Room Tip: All the guest rooms look regal and have a view of Lake Erie.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us and for mentioning the level of service that you received from our team members.
We hope to serve you again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The day I stayed here it poured. I would love to come back on a sunny day! The location is right on the water which looks wonderful for some exploration. The covered garage is next to the hotel (fee for parking), and the exterior walkway is covered with canvas awnings. This made it fairly easy to stay dry getting from the car to the hotel. I like Sheratons and this hotel is another reason why. The hotels are consistently clean, staff professional, beds comfortable, rooms with logical layout. Amenities include hotel brand shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shampoo, coffee maker with Starbucks coffee packets, WiFi, in-house restaurant, and a wine happy hour (which I missed). I would stay here again when visiting Erie and do recommend this location to fellow travelers.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best regards,

Been to Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel? Share your experiences!