“Nice Location and Wonderful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 37 hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersGold level
Latrobe, Pa
“Nice Location and Wonderful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter was looking at colleges in Erie and we made this stay at the last minute. We checked in during the early evening and the check-in was fast and friendly. I was in an oversized van that wouldn't fit in the parking garage, so arrangements were made to park in a reserved zone that worked nicely. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel is smallish and the menu is somewhat limited, but the selections we had were pretty good for the most part. The fireplace in the bar/lounge area is a nice addition, especially if it is a cold snowy evening (we stated in January 13). Parking is in an adjacent parking garage for around $12/night but I believe there is also free parking available in the area, since this hotel sits on a pier next to the Erie Convention Center. The food/drink prices were a bit higher than I usually like to spend, but the atmosphere is nice to compensate for it.
The few things I didn't care for so much were the doorways going from the elevators to the rooms...the doors are typically closed and it makes it very difficult in getting you and your bags off the elevator and thru a doorway that tries to remain closed. My room had a large spotlight mounted right outside of it, and the room was lit up like noon all night long. There are shades that eliminate most of the light, but it was still enough to confuse me when I woke up during the night thinking the sun was coming up.
The best part of the stay was the staff, who were all friendly and helpful. I noticed the positive remarks about the staff in other reviews and I have to admit that the employees here are all very pleasant to work with and they give results without attitudes!
I haven't stayed here during the tourist season but I'm impressed with my experiences when I have stayed here off season. The view is nice, the furnishings are comfortable, and the staff is great. I would defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms are waterfront and have great views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and even happier that you appreciated the level of service provided by our team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Sheraton Erie Bayfront is a beautiful hotel inside and out. A fully stocked bar awaits as guests enter the hotel as well as a swimming pool and fitness center adjacent to the check in area. The staff is very friendly and greets you each time you walk by. My only complaint was the noise- not from the other guests but from the outside. We happened to be there during a windy night as gusts reached 40 to 50 mph. For the course of the night and into the morning a "howling" noise was coming through the outer vent of the hotel into the heat / ac unit in our room. The noise kept me awake for a good part of the night. I didn't say anything to the hotel staff but was a little disappointed as we have stayed at lower end hotels during such wind events in Erie and have not had a similar problem. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Would I consider another hotel if it was windy? Yes.

Room Tip: If possible, request a lake side room.....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm a Sheraton fan. I collect Starwood points. This is just another typical Sheraton hotel for me. I've been here a couple of times for College Soccer in the area and the location is decent. The view of the Lake is pretty. The rooms are nice, clean and comfy - no complaints here. The Internet WiFi is only free in the lobby (like all Sheraton hotels). Staff are friendly. Parking is not free.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We certainly appreciate your brand loyalty. I did want to mention that we do have complimentary wired and wireless Wi-Fi in all of our guest rooms in addition to in our lobby and dining areas. We made this change about 2 years ago.
We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Harrison City, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

-Hotel rooms super
-View great
-Location (since we had gymnastics meet at convention ctr) awesome
-Breakfast........SUPER EXPENSIVE!!!

- Quiche
- French Toast
- Order of sausage

Total Cost: $52.00 + tip of $10= $62.00

I believe that is a little over the top!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel on December 24, and 25, 2012. We arrived at the hotel in the mid-afternoon and were warmly greeted by 2 staff members who did everything they could to make us feel welcome. Stefan (from Croatia) was especially helpful that day, and checked us in quickly with lots of helpful suggestions. He felt like my new best friend, and I was given warm hugs when we checked out 2 days later.

The room had a perfect view and was spotless and had excellent amenities, (except No refrigrator).....Ice was down the hall. Wi-fi service worked very well and was free. We took a holiday rate that included breakfast, and those two meals were almost anything you wanted.....Things like unlimited juice and unlimited coffee were icluded with whatever main course you chose. Excellent service.

On Christmas day, we met with family members in the lobby bar in front of the fire place for pre-dinner drinks----and again.---Service was terrific. Our dinner in the Bayfront Grille was significantly better than I ever expected from a hotel dining room......I would eat there again, even if I was not staying at this hotel. Kudos to the chef. The presentation was so visually pleasing.....Only mishap-----one dinner was missing-----It eventually came after everyone was about finished eating----and I quite honestly, think that meal should have been complimentary, which it was not.....In our 2 days at this hotel, that was our only complaint and for me that was an embarrasement, since the missing dinner was for a 93 year old aunt who was my guest.

And of course, I hope to stay here again and have meals at the Bayfrount Grille....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experiences with us from your stay over the holidays. We are very pleased to hear that the level of service you experienced was great. Thank you also for mentioning our associate by name and sharing the wonderful service you received from him.
We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future.

Mayville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've been meaning to review so this is a little late. Stayed two nights after Thanksgiving, and two nights after Christmas with family. This is a great hotel, bright, clean, with a very accommodating staff. Michael at the front desk is amazing, so helpful. If you can book as an SPGmember do so. The club level has everything for you, we stayed up there and relaxed! Kids enjoy the pool and hot tub. The restaurant has delicious food, and again great staff. Rooms are new, clean, great beds. No complaints!!

Room Tip: NO bad rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your past experiences with us. Thank you also for pointing out the great service you received by our team. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Sheraton is a in a great location overlooking Lake Erie. We got a great off-season rate and a beautiful view of the lake included in that. What really drove the price up was that neither parking nor breakfast was included in the $100+/night rate. This really irked my very appetite-driven fiancee, who couldn't get a breakfast the size he was used to for less than $20. Dinner was also quite expensive at the restaurant downstairs--over $50 for a salad, entree, dessert, and glass of wine--just for one person! In terms of fitness, the gym was great, but the pool was tiny. Overall, just know that you'll be spending twice what you expected if you stay here.

Room Tip: Choose one overlooking the lake--great views!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best regards,

Been to Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel? Share your experiences!