“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ephrata
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at this wonderful hotel and were entirely satisfied and happy. Everything about the hotel is splendid, but perhaps nothing is more outstanding than the staff. Everyone from the people at the desk to the cleaning ladies to the attendants in the breakfast room were polite, friendly, genuinely helpful, greeted us warmly, and really seemed to care for us. The whole hotel was spotless and clean, and the room quiet, well furnished and comfortable. Coffee and tea are available in the lobby round the clock, and Hampton Inn's breakfasts are famous. There are yogurts, hot and cold cereals, eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, waffles...you name it, they have it and will gladly serve it. The hotel has a small pool which I did not use, but which a friend found very pleasant. The fitness room, which I did use, has a treadmill and various other exercise and weight machines which are well maintained.
The parking lot is just a little difficult to find, since to access it you have to turn at the light and go up a side street before getting to the entrance which is at a fairly sharp angle. However, it is large and provides ample parking spaces.
I would recommend Hampton's Inns anywhere in the country as great places for a happy and comfortable stay.

Green Features: I understand that the hotel recycles, though separate recycling garbage cans were not provided in the room. They also have a towel reuse program.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Wow, the staff at the Hampton Inn gave us a very nice mini-suite on the side of the hotel overlooking the town of Ephrata (pronounced Eh-frit-uh, I've been told) and the farms beyond the town. Beautiful view and very quiet, even though the hotel was full. Room, hallways, lobby, dining areas and grounds all were spotless. Staff kept checking with us to make sure everything was good and that we were happy - which we were. Nicole took great pains to discuss different restaurants and make suggestions. We settled on dinner at the Hilltop, kitty corner from the hotel, where we shared a huge platter of meatloaf and a huge house salad. We walked thru town several times and took the walk to the Ephrata Cloister dating from an early religious community. The walk is one mile each way, straight down Main Street and up and downhill, so wear comfortable shoes.

In first getting to the hotel, it was just a bit tricky to get into the parking lot, as you need to turn off Main Street at the light and go partly around the block to reach the entrance of the lot. Also, if you are staying in Ephrata on a Sunday, be aware that most stores and restaurants are closed. We did not choose to eat at the Appleby's next door, though the parking lot showed it was popular with many people.

We would love to go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of the hotel for the view, or the east side to not hear the church bells.
Green Features: The hotel does have some green practices regarding the towels and bedding, but it would be great if they could have separate recycling containers for paper, plastic, glass and cans. I recognize the locality may not offer recycling.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Frisco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

By far one of the best hotels I've stayed at for business trips. The staff is always great and does their best to meet or exceed your expectations. Even though I dislike traveling, I'm always looking forward to staying here. They make it feel like a home away from home!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This stay was way better than I could have ever expected. I was there with my church group for one night and was exceptional. The room was nice and very clean (which is a good thing). The staff was very nice. Coming back from Sigh & Sound it was nice to see there was still coffee and tea in the lobby along with cookies. When we went to our rooms there was a very nice note with some candy thanking us for staying there and wishing us a safe trip home. I can't say I have experienced that before.
The experience at breakfast was even better the next morning. There seemed to be a staff of 3 or 4 constantly making sure the food was replenished for our rather large group. They were beyond friendly and even passed out mints (which I can say I have never experienced before either).
The bar has now been set very high for other hotel chains that I frequent for trips.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the city.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Hooray for a capital WOW with 3 exclamation points! Thank you so much for the enthusiastic review. We loved having your group here, and love to have "fun" with our groups - I am glad you enjoyed the treats in your room. Thank you for being our Guest. We hope your group comes back to see the all-new show of "Moses" in 2014 at Sight and Sound!
Bowie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel is well located with easy access to all the local places. only a few minutes to any of the Lancaster well known places. Several restaurants within walking distance. Stayed here several times and have never been disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks for the great review! We love to hear from our regular Guests. I am glad to hear you find us to be a convenient location - we love being part of a small town and will always strive to provide you with the outstanding service to keep you coming back.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was an excellent stay. We enjoyed every minute. I had read many reviews because I get easily disgusted with hotel rooms, especially that I have two little children. I must say this was truly an excellent, clean hotel with a genuinely friendly staff. Highly recommend staying here and will most defintely come back and visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We counted three "excellent"s in your review, and that makes us so happy. Thank you for your kind words. With little ones cleanliness in certainly a high priority, and I am glad you took notice of our Team's efforts to provide a clean environment. As a matter of fact, our housekeepers were honored with a perfect 100% on our last inspection! We hope to see you on your next visit to our area.
Greenbackville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great place to stay ,hotel staff we the best. The breakfast staff were very cheerful and got our morning off to a great start. Every one did a great job ,the rooms were clean and comfortable. I have stayed with this hotel many times before and always satisfied with the accomodations.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I love your happy review! Thank you for the kind words about our Team. I am glad you keep coming back and we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata? Share your experiences!