“Retreat to the middle of nowhere!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Raystown Resort and Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Entriken
Lake Raystown Resort and Lodge
100 Chipmunk Crossing, Entriken, PA   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Entriken
Somerset, New Jersey
“Retreat to the middle of nowhere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Spent a long weekend at Raystown Lodge on a yoga vacation trip. From central NJ it took us approximately 4 hours - but the last 40 minutes is litterally "over the hills (and mountains) and through the woods". Glad we had a Garmin as the map was very difficult to follow with all the twist and turns - but it is a pretty ride.
We had a 'deluxe room' in the lodge - I think the 'deluxe' just means you can see the lake at least a little from the second floor rooms. We lucked out - we had room 313 and from what I could tell it looked like one of only 3 rooms in that building that you could actually see the lake thru the woods. You can not access the lake from the lodge buildings. The rooms are ok - kind of dated and could use some updating and new carpets. Beds were comfortable, bathroom pretty small. They say they have a kitchenette - but it just a small refrigerator, a tiny microwave and a 2 cup coffee pot. Not one single real plate, cup or utensil - so if you bring food or snacks be sure to bring your own. We did not and got hit at the market on the grounds for paper cups, plates and utensils. We did sneak a peek in the suites in the building one morning when the housekeeping staff was cleaning - they were quite nice - if I were to go back that is where I would stay!
The other part of our group stayed in the villas - they were quite nice - clean and more modern. Full size kitchen with utensils - but there bathrooms had not one single towel - they had to run out to buy a floor mat for the shower and luckily had brought their towels. The villas are set on a cul de sac with half of the villas being lake front and the back ones you can kind of see the lake between the houses. That particular area of the lake is small and not real picturesque.
As for the rest of the property - you do have to drive or bike up to the marina and restaurants as it is really dark at nite. The marina cafe served pretty good food - we had 2 group meals there and we went on our own one afternoon for lunch. Their burgers are really good!
We dont own a boat so can't comment on the marina itself - other than their seemed to be a lot of boats docked. They do rent boats - which part of our group did to go water skiing - cost $250 for 2 hours! Their is a large tent outside in the parking lot that their was a DJ playing at nite - but there were little in attendance and we ended up leaving to go back to the villas and have our own party.
And big warning - if you intend to enjoy some 'spirits' you need to bring them in with you. It is a DRY county! You have to drive 20-30 minutes to Huntington county to get any type of liquor. On the property - they did allow the group to bring in wine for dinner, but it has to be bought in PA and you have to have the receipt with you. Brining liquor into your rooom or villa is allowed.

Room Tip: Room 313 has a nice view of the lake, marina and beach. The suites in the lodge are much nicer. If...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

August 14-17 tent camping in site 177 In the maple section of the campground.
The campground sits on a peninsula and has a great views of the lake. If you are planning a trip to Ratystown lake this is the best place to stay.

My family and I had a wonderful experience! The shower houses and restrooms are cleaned once or twice a day, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

The water park was great! It's not a big water park but it is big enough for my kids (12 and 13), they did not complain once! The mini golf course could use a little renovation.

We will be going back next year, if you have any questions about which sites to stay in for tent camping email me!

Cogan Station
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I have to say that I was a bit worried about the accommodations. Let me first start off by saying that our room was clean. There were no bugs or spiders as others mentioned. The staff were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did not replenish our towels, however, which i was upset about. We stayed in a standard room. Compared to other places that we have stayed for the same price I definately feel that some upgrades and remodeling are needed. The furniture and bed linens are dated and the "kitchenette" was very small. With all of that being said, the property is beautiful and we had lake views from our balcony. We also were able to park our boat at an area off of the marina at no extra charge. I think that our stay overall was o.k. as we only stayed for the weekend. But I would not have wanted to stay in this room for any longer than a couple of days!

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe room or a suite
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been staying at this resort for over 5 years and would like to say it is one of the best maintained vacation retreats I have visited. The staff is helpful and friendly. Lake Raystown has so much to offer the whole family. The water park is great, boating, camping, fishing or a cruise on the Proud Mary, or having dinner at the restaurant or a pizza and ice-cream at the Bistro. This gives our entire family something to do. The naturally wooded landscape with nature all around you is definitely a place to relax and have fun. The resort offers many free activities and live entertainment throughout the summer season. The Convention Center is a great place for a business function or a wedding. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great getaway. We have stayed at the Lodge and The Villas (cabins), both are very clean and comfortable and nicely decorated. Our family is always excited to be there and we look forward to the next stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My friend and I were looking for something to do with our kids on a hot, sunny day. We had already hit most of the local pools in our area this summer, so we decided to head to Lake Raystown Resort Water Park. Our children's ages range from 2 to 17, so I wasn't quite sure how the day would go. I will say, ALL of the kids enjoyed the day. The older ones rode the slides most of the day, then grabbed a snack and played some mini-golf. As a parent of a 2 year old, the best part of the water park was a fenced-in fountain play area (one of two). My friend and I were able to sit on a bench and hang out all day, while my daughter played until her heart's content. It was a good time and we will definitely do it again. p.s. ..The discounted "Monday carload special" made it easier on the wallet too! :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at the Lodge it was a little run down but seemed clean .The beach was pathetic and about as big as the first floor of my house .There was nowhere to fish unless you wanted to intrude on someones campsite .To rent a boat was robbery ! The food in the restaurant was gross and expensive and the pizza in the Bistro was downright disgusting!!!!!! Other than the wait staff which were extremely friendly the rest of the staff seemed uneducated and didn't know anything about the place they worked at .We were never here before and weren't given any info at check in and when we would ask a question we were either given wrong answers or directions.The best part of our getaway was feeding the fish off the dock which I find to be very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!.This place is advertised as a "resort" and I would classify it as a state park at best with resort pricing!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Entriken hotels

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We camped out at Lake Raystown for 4 nights since my husband was in a wedding that was held on the property. We had one of their extra large camper sites since my in-laws own a 37' camper. It was a nice level site with a gorgeous view of the lake just steps away. Restrooms and showers were quite close and well-maintained. I thought the wedding gazebo was quite lovely and the conference center where the reception was held was absolutely stunning! I had no idea what to expect and was truly WOWED! We visited the onsite waterpark and had a blast! We purchased an all day pass that got us unlimited mini golf, pools and waterslides. There are only 4 slides, but they are all fun and thrilling. Store was supplied and not very expensive. Look up at the sky at night....since there is hardly any light pollution, you get an amazing view of the stars!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lake Raystown Resort and Lodge? Share your experiences!