“Nice Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I took my wife here after reading other reviews. The food was fantastic. The salad dressing was served on the side. The bread was fresh and warm. The wait staff nor the owner hurried us. We had a phenomenal experience and will return. Great place, great service, great food.

Camp Hill
“"It was too much bother to bring it back"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Over a two month period I ate at this restaurant three times. The first time was very good. The second time a dining companion was shorted on the return of money. The third time the owner sat at a table near us to talk a minute. At that point I asked him where my change was from the bill. He said, "It was too much bother to bring it back." I looked at him and told him I expected my change. He brought it and left. That made me realize that he always wanted me to order house dressing for my salad. I tried it the first time and did not like it. Thus the poor man had to tell me, his customer, all of his dressings. This makes me wonder about what else is too much bother for him in his restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Pushed to Hurry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

On our second visit to this restaurant we were immediately seated, handed a menu and the waiter stood there for maybe 30 seconds and then asked if we were ready to order. We indicated no. He didn't leave the area and returned shortly thereafter at which time we quickly choose something and ordered. The food arrived promptly and was what you might expect for the money. The owner stood at the edge of the room, often watching us. As soon as it looked like we might be close to finishing the waiter came and removed our diner plates, leaving the unfinished salad plates, for which he almost immediately returned picking up one of the salad plates which our dining companion was not finished and the waiter was told to leave it. He stood nearby and grabbed upon patron being finished. Coffee was ordered, which came quickly, mine without cream which I had requested. We decided enough of this harassment and departed. It being obvious they wanted to make this table available. Our other couple was in agreement with us to never return to the establishment.

We have eaten out often and at many varied restaurants and have never had this type of service before.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
steamboat springs
“This is where I love to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I come back to central Pennsylvania twice a year to visit family and friends. If I have two nights in town, one is surely spent here enjoying some wonderful Italian food and great company. You may read about some growing pains that the owners are working through, but the reason this restaurant will continue to flourish is because of the absolute dedication from the family that owns and runs it. When you truly care, you will win over time. If you see manicotti on the specials or the menu, strongly consider it for your dinner. Be back in town this weekend and look forward to another spectacular meal. Make a reservation, no matter what night of the week it is.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pa.
“A Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had the chance to visit Dolce Vita over the weekend with some friends, and had a wonderful meal and a good time. The restaurant is in a refurbished house; there is seating on the porch, up stairs and down stairs. The tables are close together, so it is a very intimate setting (but it can become loud if the room is filled). It is decorated very nicely with a warm feel to it. We were greeted immediately and taken to our table. My recommendation is to get a reservation. We were there on a Saturday night, and there were very few available tables. I don’t think there is central air conditioning, so it was quite warm inside. Luckily we were by an air conditioning unit, so we were comfortable.

Our service was very good, sporadic sometimes, but still good. It seemed like the wait staff didn’t have a section, so they were all over the place serving tables. Our orders were taken quickly, our wine was opened for us, and homemade bread was delivered. The bread was very good, toasted with olive oil, garlic and parsley. The salads were good – tomato, with fresh spring greens. The house dressing is very good! We tried the soup; the cream of mushroom and cream of asparagus were tremendous, and reasonably priced. Despite the restaurant being crowded, our meals arrived quickly, hot and fresh. The portions were very large, really enough for two small meals. Our group had the chicken parmesan, chicken marsala, stuffed chicken, and spaghetti with meatballs. Everything was outstanding. The chicken marsala was my favorite. It had a very nice marsala sauce, plenty of mushrooms, tender sautéed chicken with a side of linguini. Excellent! The desserts were not great, so I would skip that next time.

The pricing was reasonable for a good Italian restaurant. The portions were large, and everything was well made and hot.

The owner stopped by to check on us, and he was extremely warm and friendly. We appreciated the hospitality, and will be back soon!

• Visited September 2013