“Tons of beer and awesome stromboli” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tons of beer and awesome stromboli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We visited this place as a pit stop on our way south from NY. It had been recommended by someone we met at beer event, so we were glad we were passing through that way.

The people next to us at the bar ordered a stromboli and it looked so good, so that is what we ordered too. The medium size was enough for two and just under $11. It was delicious.

They had a huge board showing all the beers on tap, at least 80 I guess, with about 15 of their own brew "Pizza Boy". Most glasses were $5-7, some were more expensive. The beers were served in different sized glasses according to style. We liked everything we tried and saw a whole bunch of beers we had never heard of before.

They didn't do flights or samples which was disappointing, because we would have liked to taste a lot more of their beers. They have different specials each day of the week. On the website it said they had $6 Troegs growler fills on Tuesdays (the day we went). When we got there it was $7.50 and the bartender said he would not honor the price and that they "had not updated the website in a long time"

Aside from the incorrect growler price on the website and not doing flights we will definitely make a trip out there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wilmington, Delaware
“When Ambiance and Food Collide”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

With ambiance like this, the food had better be good... Tons of great beer choices and really good pizza and subs kinda-sorta offset the really poor looking new location. The signs are nearly impossible to see, and once you walk in you are still left to question if you're in the right place. A painted concrete floor with a mix of regular tables and picnic tables. The "counter" appears a bit out of place as are the black and white paper signage. I'm really hoping this is just phase 1 of a bigger plan. On a positive, the food is really good and the place was very busy at lunch. I'm rooting for them and hope this new location, in a little business park, is a winner.

Visited June 2013
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
“Great pizza and beer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

99 taps! What else could you ask for? How about a yummy pizza with a perfect crust. Visited here on a Sunday afternoon. No wait. The Pizza Boy brews I tried were the Chocolate and Nuts (porter) and Apricots Wheat (American Wheat). Both were tasty and true to style. My only complaints are that you have to bus your own table and can't leave a tip on your credit card for the bartender.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Three Springs, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great beer selection, average food but a bit pricey. New location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to the old location (listed above) and followed directions on door to new location just down the road in the middle of a business park. This place has an amazing beer selection both bottled and on tap. Ordered the chicken parm and a dozen Hot Garlic Wings. Was disappointed that the chicken parm did not come with pasta. I thought that was standard everywhere (especially for $10.20) so I did not ask. It was basically chicken tenders with some sauce and cheese on top.The wings were a little on the small side however the sauce was good with just the right amount of heat and garlic from a jar.I expected jumbo wings for the price of $9.50 a dozen. Very small restaurant so I would expect to have a wait at peak times. The food was of average quality with average size portions with prices on the high side.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Enola, Pennsylvania
“Holy God The Best Place Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hello my fellow and future patrons of Al’s Of Hampton. My name is Stephen T. Temple. My experience in the food and beverage industry spans all major continents in the world, with over 30 working in the best restaurants throughout the world. Without further ado, I’d like to offer my unbiased opinion of my dining experience at Al’s of Hampton located at 240 Millennium Way, Enola 17025.

When I walked this fine establishment the first thing that caught my eye was the outstanding décor throughout the facility. The concrete walls and beer coolers are one of a kind. I always like to wash up before dining and decided to visit the restroom before my visit. A pure rush of adrenaline went through my entire body when I relieved myself in some over the top custom beer kegs converted into urinals. Very classy for the professional gentlemen looking for a fine dining option in the region.

The staff at the establishment are THE most professional and courteous individuals I have ever met. The first person you will encounter is a top notch guy with tattoos covering his arms to take your order. The memory of his smile just makes me shake in my $500 shoes. From there another professional with sunglasses on her head takes your drink order with a big smile. She said “YOU GOT IT”. Can you believe it!!! Then, if you can believe this, you can put your name on a list to get a table. At this point I just have to cry because I can’t explain my enthusiasm as I type this review.

After sipping on THE BEST BEER in North American and some countries (not all) in South America, I decided to place my order with a fine fellow with a pencil in his ear and a finely manicured beard. He said to me “what can I get you …..and I said “I’ll have your best pizza sir”. And then he said “I don’t think you can handle my best pizza”. And then I said “Bring it @#&$%”.

Now the good part. This pizza was so good I actually ordered another to take back to my high rise in New York City. It was that good. Or maybe it was the fellow with a pencil in his ear yelling my name “Stephen!” “Stephen!” “Stephen!” as he was trying to figure out who ordered this fine pie. I was shivering with excitement.
I give this establishment 5 OUT of 5 stars for being a top notch first class restaurant for the folks who enjoy the finer things in life. I WILL BE BACK!!!!!

Tears are seriously running down my face right now.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to ALS of Hampden? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage ALS of Hampden, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.