“THE BEST SEAFOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“THE BEST SEAFOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The food is EXCELENT.
Start with the tomato salad. Impressive “Home Grown Tomatoes” with fresh mozzarella and good Olive Oil. The Halibut Steak was amazing. Large Portion fresh taste and it was cooked perfect. My wife try the filet mignon . She was real happy, tender and well prepared.
Very Good Food Great service and Very affordable Priced for what you get.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Not worth it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to gauge the place to see if we'd like it enough to stay for Dinner. Our impression from the bar caused us to leave and look elsewhere. The wait staff was seemingly unprofessional- talking, eating and texting infront of the guests. The bartender was friendly, but as we were the only ones at the bar I expected a little more. She never checked to be sure we liked our salad, never even gave me a napkin. We were watching the baseball game they had on but they wanted to watch the news, never checked with the guest if we were watching. The atmosphere is older and a little stuffy. On the plus side, one of the better martinis I've had. We won't be going back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tamaqua, PA
“Living on a Past Reputation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Ten years ago, Tavern on the Hill was one of the, if not the best restaurant in the Harrisburg region. Today it's an overpriced, mostly empty lounge for the retired wealthy and is a ghost of what it once was. The shrimp cocktail was soggy, recently thawed shrimp. My wife's steak was so overcooked it was hard and black on the bottom and the medium and medium rare steaks were a lot closer to well done. We sent the black steak back and its replacement came when everyone else was finished. That steak was a grizzly mess, but the magnanimous waitress (who oddly kept touching everyone when she spoke to them) gave a us a free dessert. Wow, how nice since we paid $27 and couldn't eat it. Everything about the place is average or below except the prices. I know I sound grumpy, but I spent $200 for a Ponderosa quality meal. After spending thousands there over the years, I'm done.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good, but not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Nice atmosphere and good service, but food is only average. Probably one of the most expensive restaurants in the Harrisburg area. Appetizers were good, but steaks were lacking in flavor and certainly not worth the $33.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
alexandria
“Unbelievable! Simply the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We had a party of 5 at Tavern on the Hill recently, and I must say that this is the best restaurant any of us have been to! Absolutely the best. We enjoyed the filet, the Kansas City steak, and 3 others had some of the fresh fish on the "specials" menu. They never had better fish, they said! The service was outstanding. We come from Alexandria, VA, and I must say, Tavern on the Hill has quality and service and an overall friendliness that we were all impressed with. I'm surprised at some of the less positive reviews, although -- I do get it -- competition likes to "oust" the best place around!

• Visited March 2012