“Terrible service. Ok food.” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
northampton
“Terrible service. Ok food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Asked for a beer that was listed on their chalk board in the lobby. Waiter said that they haven't had that beer for a while. Then why was it written on the board this morning??? Then the wrong sandwich was brought out. I told him it was wrong and he told me that's what I ordered. Had to set him straight on what a Cuban sandwich is. (Certainly not chicken with pesto!!!). The food was ok, at best. The fries were bland and horrible. However, the chili bread bowl was fantastic.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Pickles needs more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pickles is the local Steakhouse for Emmaus. While we occasionally visit, when we have a coupon, I do not find much that stands it apart from anywhere else. They have some local dishes to the area, which are OK. My last visit, the steak was done well, but everything else on the plate was cold. Wish their service was a little better, as the time before last, I had to ask for re-fills for my family twice. The time before that , they forgot a side dish. While I will continue to visit the local establishment(with a coupon), I am hoping that my visits get better. I like that they are local, and do have some decent steaks.

Visited January 2013
Hellertown, PA
“Customer Service.....whaaaat?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've eaten at Pickles twice in the last two months and could not believe the horrendous service. Four people in the dining area, and we waited almost 15 minutes before anyone approached us, as they were all huddled in the vestibule....finally someone comes over with "Oh, no one told me you were here!!" Guess we were invisible. Forgot the ice, the salad, and dammit......no pickle. Finally had to stand up in order for someone to give us our check!!! What's up, Pickles?!

p.s. My food, however,
was excellent.....but I won't go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“The only thing pickle about this place is SOUR”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Place is not kept that well and the food is mediocre at best. More of a local dive than anything. Don't waster your time bringing your family.

Palm
“A Family Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We Love Pickles!

This restaurant has a great family feel to it. Well lit, great decor, friendly staff, and the owners come to your table to make sure that all is well.

We went for an evening of seafood and steak. My wife and I enjoyed crabs, shrimp, clams, and a blooming onion. Our son had the Kids Prime Rib - perfect!

Even though our waiter was new and still learning the menu, he went out of his way to make sure that we had an enjoyable dining experience. Everyone has to start somewhere, and this waiter will be a very good service provider. While he did not yet know the menu, he knows and understands good service.

The portions are ample, the prices are moderate, the staff is very pleasant, and the ownership cares. This is one of our favorite family restaurants.

• Visited January 2013