“Good Pizzeria, but not breaking new ground” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Elysburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Severn, Maryland
“Good Pizzeria, but not breaking new ground”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had two pizzas. Tasty and flavorful, a little pricy. Very large menu, so most anyone should find something to like.

Visited July 2013

Meadville, Pennsylvania
“Great Family Restaurant While at Knoebels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have made it a tradition to eat at OIP while at Knoebels, they have great food. Its not just a pizza joint either.

Visited June 2013
Endicott, New York
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stopped in here one night while vacationing at Knoebels because my daughter really wanted pizza. We picked the right spot. The pizza was delicious, and the wait staff very friendly.

Visited June 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Not what it used to be................”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Every Memorial Day weekend, we camp at Knoebels. Friday night is pizza in the park, and Saturday night is eating at O.I.P., right behind Turkey Hill in Elysburg, PA.

Normally, their portions are good, and I never had a complaint until now. I will never do it again. I ordered a Calif. cheese steak sandwich, with fries and a drink.

Very little meat in the sandwich, and only a sprinkling of lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. I ordered the larger sized sandwich, which is more money. You could take all of the steak meat, scrunch it all in one hand, and never drop a piece of meat on the floor. It was what you would expect from your local church, with their hoagie night. And for a reference, the time we went there, the restaurant was about a third full.

The atmosphere and waitresses were all right. But, I am not there to eat either one. It may just have been some new person making the meals, because that past 8 times that my wife and I were there, it was the place to go for a great meal.

Options.......I will try my luck one more time, when we go camping at Knoebels. If the experience is again a failure, then it will be up to me to find another place to go, or take our crock pot camping.
Maybe an 8 hr. beef stew, or a 6 hr.crock pot lasagna. We can be in the park during the day, and have it ready when we get back.

Until next time.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
PA Dutch
“Great Eggplant Parmigiana!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stopped for luncheon and ordered from the lunch specials menu.
Eggplant Parmigiana with spaghetti was reasonably priced at $6.25 and was quickly delivered.
A very nice sized portion for a lunch with stacked rounds of eggplant. The eggplant was crispy and stayed so until I finished the last bite!
Well done!
The accompanying spaghetti was more typical of a fast food place with the pasta having been held too long in water.
But then the tomato gravy was very good making up for the bland pasta.
All in all a nice place to have lunch here in the middle of mountains.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere