“Camping without Roughing It” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knoebels Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elysburg
Knoebels Campground
You added Knoebels Campground to your Saves list
Rt 487, Elysburg, PA   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tabernacle, New Jersey
“Camping without Roughing It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed in the single cabins. We love them. Close to water and bathrooms. Includes a couple of outlets (indoor and out). Cabins have exhaust fans inside and lights. Fire ring and a porch outside along with picnic table. You can walk to the camp store or to the amusement park. Bathrooms are really clean. We will be staying for our 3rd year in a row.

Also, grocery store close by (about 15 minutes) in case you forgot anything.

Room Tip: Cabins book fast, but call every few days -- that's how we procured our cabin 2 years in a row...

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Medford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We visited Knoebals the last week of August and booked an Eagles Roost. It was clean had enough room for our four children, my husband and me. There were two sets of bunk beds, a small kitchenette, a tidy bathroom and a small bedroom in the back. There was a loft with mattresses that we did not use since we had enough space.

Everything was perfectly clean, mostly updated and provided all the conveniences one does not expect at a campground. There was a picnic table and a small area to build a fire. They sell buckets of wood for five dollars. We got two buckets which allowed for a nice fire for several hours.

The campground was very quiet and empty, maybe due to the students in the area already back to school???

We had a problem with the air conditioning. We told the people at the registration and it was fixed before we returned to the roost that night. Upon leaving my son left his bag in a closet. The people at Knoebals called and left a message before we had arrived home telling us the bag was found and that they were packaging it up would send it back to us.

We were very happy especially considering we never camp in any way. Park was great! People were great! Enjoy!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Camped first week of Aug 2012 for the 14TH year. Have seen many changes over the years most for the good. Food continues to be good and the price is reasonable. The campground is a bit expensive for what it offers electric only and many of the sites create a problem in leveling a large RV. The electric was upgraded about 10 years ago and is very stable. Restrooms for the most part are clean but at certain times of the day suffer from high use, and visitors that believe its OK to not use the trash cans, and put their cigs out in the shower. We have noticed over the years a change in the campers and visitors and their attitudes, maybe it is just the times. More drunks, carrying open containers around the campground, tee shirts that I do not want to explain to my 13 and 10 year old grand daughters, behavior that was not acceptable in the past, and down right rudeness, Knoebels should address this and the past few years have noticed much more security present in the campground, which in itself speaks to the problem.
Some of the disappointments this year was the increase in some of the ride prices as much as 33%, and the switch from real whipped cream at the Old Mill Ice cream stand to some kind of synthetic crap that is worse than CoolWhip. I understand that prices tend to rise but what justifies a .25 cent increase on most of the rides. All and all it is still a good value and a great place to take kids, will see what next year holds.

New Castle, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We are campers, tent, small campers...could not justify the gas for one night towig a camper nor the time to set up and break down a tent.
We booked one of the cozy cabins, it was quite roomy, but the "full sized mattresses" were actually a piece of foam wrapped in plastic. If I had known I would have brought an air mattress as my back and hipped throbbed all night on the foam over wood.
the bath house was much less than to be desired. No toilet seats, no hooks or latches to secure the toilet doors. Did not check out the showers. Son said that they were not clean and he was going to wait until he got home to shower. He also went to McDonalds in Elysburg to use the bathroom except during the night, as he was not happy with the cleanliness of the toilets either.
There are a bank of sinks outside the bathhouse we were closest to, and a dish washing station as well as a washer and dryer. Those are all pluses.
For the $119 plus taxes, for one night, I will go to Danville to one of the motels. with a coupon is MUCH less, get a good nights sleep on a real mattress, and have running water and a toilet.
We were told one car per cabin, extra car parking at the office area...of the 6 cabins in our group of cabins, 2- had 3 cars, and 2 had 2 cars...talked to the office when I could not get into my parking place because of a minivan parked in the drive, their fire-ring was in the drive and surrounded by chairs. I had to move the chairs...the solution was for the minivan to park in front of out cabin...not move where we put our second car, near the office. I guess rules are made to be broken...
Several of the campsites had 2 camper on the sites. Not sure about this, but I think one camper and maybe a tent per site...
We will go back to the park, but if we stay, it will be at a motel ina nearby town and not in the campground...lousy restroom, lind of crowded due to more than one camper in some sites and the park people not enforcing rules about parking so others are inconvienced.

Room Tip: Only get the cozy cabin if you bring a couple of fans and possibly an airmattress if you need a soft...
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We (myself, husband and 9 year old son) had our 5th annual camping weekend at Knoebels July 15-17, 2012. This year we brought 3 other families (there were 15 of us) and everyone had a great time.

As for the campground, we had 4 tent sites (3 on Indiana Avenue and 1 on Jersey) across from one of the restrooms. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring and electric outlets. The restrooms have showers (similar to a gym locker room), toilets and sinks in both the Ladies and Men's rooms and there are "private" showers and toilets and a row of sinks outside of the building. There is also washers/dryers and a utility sink outside of the building. It is about a 5-10 minute walk up hill when coming from the park, which we don't mind. When making our reservations in February, I specifically requested this street because of the location. As for the cleanliness of the bathrooms, they are fine. Do we wear flip flops in the shower, absolutely, but I would also do this at any public shower. They do have a cleaning staff that comes around 11:00am each day. Just remember, it is a campground, not the Ritz!

Security is good also, the quiet hours of 11pm-8am are enforced and we had no issues with noise.

I had no problems making my reservations on February 1st, however, they do ask at checkout, if you would like to reserve the same sites for the same time next year and we did this year. If you want different dates or different sites, you must wait until February 1st, when they open up for reservations for the next year. If you are not familiar with the campground, use the map on Knoebels website as a guide, and the campground staff will help you select a site when you call to make reservations.

Fortunately, we got everything set up before the rain storm arrived on Sunday evening. We were walking from the site to the amusement park when we got "trapped" under a pavillion for 45 minutes waiting out the storm. Afterwards, we all went to the park and it was empty!

Knoebels Amusement Park is one of our favorites we also visit in October for the Covered Bridge Festival (not camping, though, too cold:).

Room Tip: Use the campground map online and try to pick a site near one of the restroom building!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Wantage, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My family and I just got back from our vacation to Knoebels. We stayed at Knoebel's campground and loved it!! A friend of mine told me the day that we were leaving that the sites at this campground were small and cramped. I worried all the way up to the campground. I was pleasantly surprised to find that our site was large and spacious. We were located in the "Canada" section of the campground. There was a fun bus that came by to take us to the lower part of the campground, however it is walkable to the amusement park! I would recommend this campground to anyone and we are planning on returning next summer!

Room Tip: Pick a site in the Canadian section of the campground!
Warren Center, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I CANNOT THANK the people at Knoebels enough!!! Deciding to leave at closing time on the eve of July 4th with spouse,11 year old and twin 4 year old boys in tow,I discovered my bag with car keys in it was taken.After calling Merrill's Lockshop at 10:30 at night and working to get me a key made until 4AM we were gonna have to wait till somebody from car dealer could help out. Security at Knoebels and the rest of the staff put us up in one of the "ER" cabins for the night. My bag was found around 6:15AM so our night was SHORT in the cabin but we found comfort in the time we were there!! I would definitely stay in these cabins again and am planning a trip in which I may do so in August. THANK YOU AGAIN so much Knoebels staff and Merrills Lockshop. We really really appreciate what you did for us!!!! Yes I will always carry a spare set of keys from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Knoebels Campground? Share your experiences!