“Consistantly good food, warm atmosphere for connecting with others” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Folklore Coffee & Company

Folklore Coffee & Company
1 North Market Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022
717-361-1658
Website
Improve this listing
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania
“Consistantly good food, warm atmosphere for connecting with others”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

A well organized cafe with a broad selection of sandwiches and drinks. Quiet enough to complete work assignments or have meetings and has a welcoming college town vibe.

Visited May 2013

Quakertown, Pa
“A popular hang-out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

People with laptops, professors grading papers, parents who want to play board games with their kids, and folks who just want to have a delicious sandwich in a friendly place go to Folklore, Coffee and Company on the main St. in Elizabethtown.
Soups, salads and sanwiches are on the menu. And you can have a tomato basil wrap or a wheat one. Besides the usual lettuce, tomato , tuna fish, chicken salad, you can add avocado, extra turkey, bacon or cheese. Coffees are their speciality with lattees, iced mocha, cafe caramel and frozen goodies on hand. Extra expresso, flavor shots, ships, and soy are also available.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Best coffee spot around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best place to go for a hot or cold coffee/tea beverage, made just the way you like it. The ambiance is eclectic and comfy. A great spot for reading, date nights, or mingling with friends. Their sandwiches, soups, and salads are always fresh and SO tasty! Every once in a while, there are bands playing on the weekend. This is just an all around great place!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Good food, great ambience, extremely slow service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stopped here on the way to a wedding about 1 mile away from Folklore. The place is beautiful and everything a college town coffee house should be! Lots of seating, great location, cute woodsy theme that even influences the menu/coffee selection.

I ordered a cream cheese and lox croissant and a coffee drink. From the moment I walked in the door until I left, I waited in line for 10 minutes (about 5 orders in front of me), and then waited 20 minutes for my food and drink order—when I got the lox and croissant I couldn’t believe that after waiting that long, I still had to assemble the sandwich myself! They basically had cut the croissant, put lox on it and put a scoop of cream cheese in a container. (I don’t care that I had to assemble, but for that long of a wait…what were they doing?) I honestly though they forgot about my order and I almost left without my drink because it was just such a long wait! I won’t be going back since I live far from here, but if I lived nearby—maybe I’d give them one more chance. I advise to at least acknowledge customers long wait (I was dressed extremely formally, obviously I was on the way to somewhere and in a rush!) and apologize and wish them a nice day—but I just got a blank stare from the person ringing me up.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Whats not to love? The coffee is locally roasted, and brewed into beverages that are both familiar and unique. The food is often bought from local producers and made into delicious light fare. And the atmosphere is comfortable for going on a date, hanging out with friends, having a business meeting, or getting some work done. It's only downside is the speed of service and amount of seating, but you will hardly notice the wait with the display of local artists' works on the walls, the eclectic selection of books from the local bookstore, or the charm that can only come from a building's architecture well aged. I love this place because it isn't cookie cutter, but is the child of the people behind the counter.
Ps. If you bring your child, there is a play area for them.

• 5 of 5 stars Food