“Twice's a Charm” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Twice's a Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went here twice in the past year. They are so unique and have great food and service! The first time, we got a seat outside and I got a special. It was delicious! The second time, I got butternut squash soup and a coconut shrimp salad. Although they ran out of blueberries, they offered to give me extra blueberries and mangoes. It was amazing and rich.

I will definitely go back, and it's in a very convenient for busy college students!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have only been to Lucky Duck's twice, which, for me, was twice too many. The first time my mother and I went their to try a lunch. We walked in and waited to be seated (there was a sign that said to wait) and after five minutes the bartender said that we are supposed to seat ourselves. Ok...cool. We sat down and looked at the menu. We waited and for a server to come over and greet us. There was a larger party in the same room and their waiter saw us. I never saw another server in the whole place so I guessed that he was the only one, but after about ten minutes, not a word was spoken to us so we got up and left. Nobody should wait ten minutes at a table before they are even GREETED.
My whole family went back for another try. We were seated promptly. It took over five minutes for our server to greet us and then another five before she came back for our drink orders. We ordered our food and waited. The wait for our food was also pretty long (over 25 minutes). I was ready to dig into my black bean chicken chili. I went to take a bite and noticed that there were jalapeno peppers in the chili, which was not listed on the menu. I get that chili is supposed to be spicy, but something like that SHOULD be noted on the menu. Needless to say, I didn't eat much of it, but for someone who likes spicier items, it's perfect. Most of the food was pretty good. We did notice that there were two tables that had been "cleaned" (we saw the busgirl clear the table and "wipe" it down), but still had bits of food on one and noodles on the other. I am scared to think of the kitchen if that kind of cleanliness is acceptable. Even though the food is decent, I would not go back due to the slow service and cleanliness, or lack there of. It might be a good place for drinks, but for a sit down meal, I will pass.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Anniversary Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My fiance and I visited Lucky Ducks on our 2-year anniversary and it was well worth it! My fiance, Matthew, ordered a steak salad. I can't remember the price, but it was a huge salad and absolutely delicious! I had the made-to-order pasta and it was the best I had ever had, even better than Olive Garden! We got to sit on the deck which was pleasant, and we had a wonderful server who took care of our every need! We will definitely be visiting again, especially since it's only a few minutes away. My only complaint is that there was a lot of cigarette smoke, which sort of ruined parts of our meal for us.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bear, de
“good happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The bartender recommended the hot wings and his recommendation was spot on. Decent beer selection and the sandwiches that we ordered were a very good portion.

Visited June 2012