Overall a decent place to stay. The room was bright and clean, the TV, fridge and mic were very functional and clean (fridge/mic). Beds were a little soft for my taste but ok for my daughter. Free breakfast was very good with a large selection of food. Staff was always present to clean, top off the coffee and food. All staff were vere pleasent.
Here are my concerns: The hallways reeked of fresh cigarette smoke no matter what time of day. The room itself smelled of sprayed air freshener..ostensibly to counteract the nasty hallway smell. The heater in the room (February visit) was very noisy. When we arrived we found out the the tiolet was clogged. I called the front desk and they said they'd be right up with a plunger. They were ideed fast! When I opened the door less than 5 minutes after calling, the staff member held out a plunger, said "here you go" and walked away leaving me to unclog the toilet.
Other than those four issues, our stay was pleasent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you re traveling for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania (Hershey Area) is the ideal place to be in PA! Our hotel is located betweenHarrisburg, Hershey and Lancaster.. Corporate business travelers will value our free high-speed Internet, as well as our close proximity to the Harrisburg International Airport (MDT), Manheim Auto Auction, Elizabethtown College, Masonic Village, and the community of Mount Joy. Vacationers will enjoy the Amish Country, thrills of Hersheypark, and easy access to Hollywood Casino! We also have discount tickets to many area attractions available at our front desk. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, all of our guests will enjoy our variety of well-appointed guest rooms, including triple queen suites,for larger families, and luxurious whirlpool suites for a relaxing or romantic getaway. Our staff will greet you with a warm welcome, and offer a good night's sleep at a reasonable price. Our free, deluxe Continental breakfast has plenty of variety to start your morning, and now also includes a selection of hot foods daily, as well as, warm cinnamon rolls, a variety of pastries, cereal, and much more! We are easy access from the PA Turnpike (I-76) and airport MDT, just off Rt. 283 at the Rheems/Elizabethtown exit. We'd love to have you stay with us, and we look forward to meeting you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Elizabethtown
- Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown
- Elizabethtown Holiday Inn