“Not My First Choice!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites

Save Saved
You added The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites to your Saves list
The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites
4554 Admiral Peary Highway, Ebensburg, PA 15931   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Ebensburg
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not My First Choice!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

When I telephoned for a reservation I spoke to a very helpful woman who was cheerful and friendly. When I arrived to check in it became obvious that she must only work in morning; the woman that checked me in acted like I was interrupting something important. I was given a room on the first floor and found it down the end of a dingy hallway. I was a little concerned about the safety of the place until I saw a security camera on the wall next to my room's doorway, then I noticed the cables coming off the back of the camera dangling.

The room was out dated and not close to spotless. The bathroom had new fixtures which gave it a nice appearance. The ceiling fan sounded like a Sopwith Camel attempting to turnover. The sink sprayed across the room; I guess new fixtures need to be installed properly. AN exterior door to the parking lot slammed close all night.

The continental breakfast was set up in a room that could be used in a serial killer movie. The choices were limited, but the coffee was good.

I finally got to meet the friendly voice on the phone when I checked out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We travel all over the United States and stay in all kinds of hotels. This was a good stay and they are undergoing a remodel, so it's even getting better. The front dest was very helpful and polite & we took a tour before deciding to stay since there are several not so good reviews here on trip advisor, but it was clean and comfortable, we were quite pleased with the stay and they also provide a $21.00 discount for Windmill workers!! So we ended up staying for $45 !! We will stay here every time we have to come here!!

• Stayed December 2012
Victoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

had stayed there once before and it was questionable. returned there on business. we were put in the same shabby room (recognized the hot pink duct tape i used the last time to secure the cover to the ironing board), however this time we had heat rather than a.c. the door was still not able to be closed from the outside (room 108). had the lovely young lady change me to room 107. called several times re: the a.c. was told to open the window (which had no screen) to cool the room off. my husband finally called the front desk and we got what passed for a fan which we put on the ironing board in front of the window to attempt to get some cool air into the room. having had a MAJOR breakdown earlier in the day that we all worked on due to time limitations, we were hot and sweaty and in need of a cool place to sleep.......silly us. this morning when we checked out, my husband was told that no discount would be provided because the entire motel clientele suffered from the same problem because they have a water system that services the entire motel and it is either heat or a.c. the a.c. finally did kick on ........at 6 a.m. this morning. i must add that the restaurant/bar is much better than in previous reviews as it is obviously under management other than the motel folks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I found the Red Carpet Inn and Suites perfect for my needs. I needed a hotel/motel near Portage, PA that accepted dogs and Red Carpet fit the bill. We had a nice room with everything we needed near an exit to walk the dog. Continental breakfast was adequate. The Cottage Restaurant offered delicious food at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a room near the field so you can walk your dog.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Red Carpet Inn, It's close to St. Francis University and it was all that we could get on graduation weekend. Upon first arrival, I noticed that all of the outer security readers by the doors were torn off with wires hanging. The room was old, dingy, not very nice. The bathroom was 1960's and was clean enough to use, not impressive in the least. The security reader to get in the room usually took 3 tries to get it to work. The bedding was clean, believe me I checked in a place like that. There was never anyone at the front desk, when I checked out I just left the key on the desk.

The bar was kinda seedy, a couple of drunks stopped my wife and I as we walked thru, one gentleman came close to a knuckle sandwich. My wife made me walk out the back door and around the building so we didn't see that idiot again.

I listened to loud talking in the hallways and doors slamming ALL NIGHT! I was glad to get up and out. The hallway smelled like nicotine alley.

Would I stay there again ... only if it were the last place in Ebensburgh available ... huh, that's how we ended up there this time. They are playing on university traffic ect, if it weren't for that I am guessing it would be empty.

Room Tip: Pick a room in a different hotel, Comfort Inn is right down the road.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here under the recommendation of a friend who was getting married in the area. She had blocked rooms at this place without walking the property.
Let's start by saying, a truck stop would have felt safer. There were three grown women sharing our room and still felt it necessary to put the coffee table against the door to ensure safety.
When we arrived and checked in there were a construction workers boots left in our room. The room did not have screens on the windows, we felt the need to air out the smell of the room.
There was hair left in the shower, holes in the walls where pictures used to hang, burnt lamp shades. We slept in our jackets.
The restaurant and bar closed at 8 pm on a Friday night, and they were not open by noon on Saturday.
It looks to me that is family run and they are not used to a high volume of people. Their clientele appears to be construction workers and hourly renters. Lastly, the curtain does not cover the entire window that peers into your room.

• Stayed April 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this facility for 1 brief hour before checking out because I was horrified at the smell and general lack of cleanliness of the room. In addition to the appliances being unplugged, the room was filthy. I promptly checked out and when the front desk person asked if I didn't like my room, I was suprised this would be her first reaction if this wasn't a frequent complaint. Never even attempt to stay there...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
RCIS, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
I find this review to be very suspicious considering we didn't have any incidents like this occur at the property. I am here 24-7 and not once was I told a customer checked b/c they thought it was filthy. If it was so disgusting why wouldn't you turn around and go back to the front desk? Why would you sit there for an hour? All of our guests are welcome to check rooms before checking in as long as there is an employee to walk them to the room for sanitation reasons.

Been to The Cottage Restaurant and Red Carpet Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!