“Pleasant dining in a wasteland!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Blaine, WA
“Pleasant dining in a wasteland!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Amici's is certainly a welcome restaurant in the area of Ebensburg. There are very few options in this area. The atmosphere is very cozy and comfortable. The service is often very good, but sometimes very bad. Most of the younger staff only speak "young" rattling speak, not really communication with the customer! The food is very good, but a bit pricey. Simple Italian would be very welcome. Being too fancy just does not make it. Having said all of that, I am very happy that at least I have an alternative to the usual fare in the area, but I cannot go there often because it is too expensive.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Freehold, New Jersey
“Great service and outstanding food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family visited this restaurant last evening and had a most pleasant experience. The sever was attentive and very eager to please. All of the food, from the calamari, chicken picata and special desert made for a unique dining experience in a small western Pa town. I am a seasoned world traveler and found Amici's to be a gem. Great food, great service, friendly people.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't get your hopes up, this was the worst restaurant experience we've ever had!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Recently moved to western PA and everyone has been raving about this place so I was dying to go here. My boyfriend made reservations for 7, we arrived about 10 minutes early and sat at the bar. He ordered a mixed drink, I ordered wine...only to find out they were out of glassware! So I had to literally wait for a drink until they could wash glasses. Eventually got our drinks and we were seated shortly after at a TINY table about 12 inches behind the hostess stand and front door. That's only the start of the downhill though.

No one came to our table for 15 minutes. We were out of our drinks by now and couldn't order more (we wanted to get a bottle of wine but decided not to with the sheer lack of service). We watched our waiter help multiple other tables. Eventually my boyfriend flagged down another waitress who got us fresh drinks and said someone would be over. We waited another 10 minutes. There was a large table who was seated after us that was done with their first course by the time a second waiter came to even take our order. We were debating getting up and walking out when he came over.

When we finally ordered, I got the chicken piccata, one of my favorite Italian dishes. It came out inedibly salty. Capers can be salty, but I mean it was completely inedible. Sides were cold. The salad with 'house dressing' meant it was drenched in nothing but oil. No flavor whatsoever. I had a huge puddle of oil on my plate under my lettuce. It was completely inedible as well.

Noticing I barely touched my food, a manager came over and asked what was wrong. I told him politely I didn't care for it. He basicslly attacked me and made me feel extremely uncomfortable, saying how chicken piccata is always salty and if I didn't like it, I should have ordered differently. I told him I knew that since it is one of my favorite dishes and I have ate it many times, etc. He snatched my plate off the table and made quite a scene as he walked away. I was completely mortified as people were staring at this point. A fourth (different) waiter came over to tell us our meal was on the house and he's sorry.

I think, overall, Amici's knows who the 'small town royalty' are in ebensburg and they cater to them extensively. Since we were 'out of town'ers' we got shoved in the corner and ignored. I will NEVER go back here after being treated so poorly, even with them comp'ing our meal. I have waitressed for several years and I can't believe how poor this was. Especially for how expensive this place is for the area!
Take your business elsewhere, where someone actually wants it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Waldorf
“Nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I can't tell you about prices as we went for a family event. This was separate from the restaurant dining area, so we were in the party room. Very nice people! Food was great!

Visited April 2013
Colver, Pennsylvania
“Pricey but delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Definitely an upscale restaurant for Ebensburg. They have a lot of great menu options, but definitely more expensive than the typical Ebensburg restaurant.