“Would definitely return.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ebensburg
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Would definitely return.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here one night for a weekend wedding. Every aspect of our stay was very good from the desk staff, to a clean, comfortable room, breakfast options, and a friendly atmosphere. Our
room contained a refrig, microwave, and good TV with enough channels. Would recommend to
anyone.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was just fine and no excess noise from the a/c. Bathroom, very clean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Evans City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just stayed overnight and the place was very clean and respectable. The person at the desk was friendly and I felt safe just being there as a mom with two kids. I would stay there again if I found myself in the area.

Room Tip: The beds and pillows were very comfy and the room was very clean and orderly.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this motel on a number of occasions as we have relatives in the area. Except for one occasion we have always been pleased with the staff and how clean the rooms have been. Our only bad experience was having a room on the floor below a room with a hot tub and having someone come in and use the tub at 2am.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We're here at the e'burg comfort inn and couldn't ask for more (for the money). This is the only chain hotel in town and so I was a little nervous booking. Thankfully it's a gem, and the staff are more than accommodating. Definitely recommend this place. Caitlin, at the front desk, deserves honorable mention in particular. She helped us check-in from the road and had everything waiting for me at the desk when we arrived. Check in took 2 minutes. A+ work, well be back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just stayed for 3 days. Hotel seemed well maintained and it was clean. The staff was friendly as well. The rooms were clean and well stocked and the television worked. It's a pet friendly hotel and I was expecting some pet noise and odor, but noticed none. Perhaps there just weren't a lot of pets there when I went.

The breakfast is mediocre at best. It's good for a quick something before you hit the road, but nothing substantial.

There is a Wal-mart not more than a half mile up the road and there are a few restaurants not too far away and some are within walking distance. I would stay again if I had to. The check it process was fast as was checkout. No hitches at all.

I thought it was a tad pricey for a Comfort Inn, but not ridiculously priced.

Room Tip: There is nothing to see from any side of the hotel. It sits on a main road, but it's just far en...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel the end of July. The room was clean but small. Luckily I was by myself so I didn't need space for much luggage, as it was I had to tuck my bag under the desk so that I was able to walk through the room. The mattress on the bed was hard so I didn't sleep well. The handles on the doors to the stairs would only work if you lifted them up was a little strange and took some getting used to. The hallwayI used was fine on Friday night, but on Saturday and Sunday it smelled horrible, like someone had a bad intestinal issue. The water in the pool always looked cloudy, I'm not sure if it was from the iron in the water or not but I was very skeptical about getting in. The breakfast was very good and the women overseeing it was wonderful and kept it clean and stocked. The desk staff was friendly, although I did ask for more bath towels and they never came. It had it's good and bad and if I'm in the area again I don't know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I took a road trip back to my fathers hometown of Johnstown PA for the annual Ferndale Fireman's Jubilee...just like we did when we were kids. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, rooms in/around Johnstown were hard to come by. We ended up staying 20-30 minutes away at the Ebensburg Comfort Inn. My first impression, based not on fact but on my personal assessment, the hotel seemed to be at least 20 years old however, it seemed that it had been somewhat refreshed/remodeled within the last 5-7 years. The hotel is located on somewhat of a large pad site in front of an older shopping center...not very picturesque but convenient to a couple of restaurants and across from a Sheetz convenience store.

The hotel offered an indoor pool and hot tub as well as a small exercise facility...mostly for cardio. A decent breakfast was included that was nicer than the continental breakfasts of old but less than a made to order offering. I must mention that the lone attendant servicing the breakfast area was very thorough and tidy. She was on constant move stocking, restocking and cleaning the area. She was courteous and pleasant and was the bright spot of our stay at the hotel. There was a Wendy's directly next door to the hotel and a good pizza place across the highway called Bestway Pizza.

The staff were, for the most part, friendly and helpful and the hotel itself was mostly clean. We visited in July so the air conditioner in our room worked really well but a family member staying just down the hall had an A/C unit that barely put out any cold air. The hotel is pet friendly and the pet fee is only $15 per night, however, this leads me to my biggest complaint. Upon first arrival and unpacking we didn't notice but later that evening it became apparent that we were in a room that had housed a pet which must have urinated heavily, previously, in that room. I suspect that there are certain rooms designated as pet rooms and guests with pets are only assigned those rooms. I would have hoped that the hotel would do more than simply designate a certain set of rooms as "pet friendly" and that they would emphasize a greater cleaning regiment for those rooms however that did not seem to be the case. I will say that when we brought the urination smell to the attention of the hotel staff they did offer to switch us to a different room but by that time, we had unpacked and, with two young children, greatly disturbed the rooms tidiness.

The sheets on the bed were very thin and the pillows were somewhat small and square shaped? The hotel offered free WiFi and the room had a nice flat screen TV as well as a refrigerator and microwave.

Overall, despite the urination issue in the room, this hotel was about average and what I expected for this level of hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Ebensburg? Share your experiences!